30/31/31/30/31/31 Jolly Self-Destruct Mewtwo Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN is Max

1. If you've RNGed Pokemon yourself, what was your first or favorite RNG project you accomplished? Any difficulties along the way? How'd it feel to finally get it?
My first RNG project was the Victini event back in Black and White. It took me a while to get it, in fact, when I first tried RNG about a year before, I didn't really get it. Maybe because RNG in Diamond and Pearl is more difficult than in Black and White. However, when it finally worked, I was super happy with it. My most remarkable RNG project though, was the Dream World Arceus I RNG'd in Black and White. RNG abuse for Dream World Pokemon is, at least, in my opinion, really difficult. It therefore took me almost two days to get the Arceus I wanted. But, I did it! :)

Thanks in advance for Mewtwo!

Edit: Thanks!

Last edited:
IGN: May

If you bred Pokemon in DPP before the advent of RNG, what was your favorite traditionally bred Pokemon? Do you remember its IVs? Have much fun with it in battle?

My favorite traditionally bred pokemon that I made during DPP was Chimchar. It had IVs of 18/3/22/15/3/13. Even though it didn't have good IVs and I lost constantly, I had a blast with it in battles as that was when I was first really getting into battling.

Deposited a level 21 female Cacnea.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Last edited:
IGN: Nick

3. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?

I'm fairly new to competitive battling, anyways my favorite Pokemon I've bred was a 4 iv (31/31/3/2/31/31) shiny adamant Sap Sipper Skiddo. I was going for 6 iv but then to my surprise I got a shiny one after 20-30 eggs. This was especially surprising because a friend of mine that really got me into competitive was breeding a Gardevoir at the time and it took him about 2 boxes of eggs to just get the right IV's, so of course I had to tell him (his reaction "wow... just wow"). Now i'm trying to assemble a Deer / Moose / Goat team just for fun.

Cacnea status: On GTS (Names Cat-ctus) (ha ha puns).

Edit: Thanks :D

Last edited:
  1. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere? I have never RNGed before and until a few months ago had never utilized breeding or entered the realm of competitive battling. After 27 days of pokenav dittos I caught one with 5 perfect Ivs and have begun to use it to breed various Pokemon. My first was a ralts with 6 perfect Ivs I love using my new gallade I have had so many and the difference the Ivs and properly distributed Evs make is an exciting revelation for me. I look forward to creating a lot of competitive Pokemon and getting ready for the release of gen 7. My trainer name is CJ my fc is 1092-2024-9859 I'm placing a one in the gts now thanks a bunch for the hook up!

Last edited:
I don't really want a Mewtwo but I saw the questions and I just want to say that breeding a perfect Aegislash and Blaziken for Flash Clash is anything but fun.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welp, I'm kinda late to the party I reckon.

IGN: Christophe
Deposited: male Cacnea Level 23
LF: Mewtwo Level 61-70

In case there is no Mewtwo left, I still feel like telling my experience anyway.

Q: If you bred Pokemon in DPP before the advent of RNG, what was your favorite traditionally bred Pokemon? Do you remember its IVs? Have much fun with it in battle?

A:
My experience takes place back in the day when competitive battling was still in it's early steps, back in the day when people actually had to record their battles off their DS Lite screens with cameras in order to upload them to YouTube.
Back then I didn't understand how IV's worked, I knew how Natures had an impact on Pokémon stats and how to EV train them, but IV's was just too complex, especially since most of the threads were written down in English and my English as a non-native speaker wasn't that good yet 7-8 years ago. I remember that I came across such a video on YouTube where a guy set up Swords Dances and Speed Boosts with Protects and Substitutes with his Ninjask until he eventually passed the boosts onto a Groudon. It wasn't really a battle per se, just some sort of demonstration of how Baton Pass works. I was fairly impressed and wanted to breed such a Ninjask for my own personal use. By freak accident I actually managed to pull out a Nincada with 30 Speed IV's out of one of the eggs and EV trained it. I still have that Ninjask to this very day. It's rather garbage by modern-day standards, but still, it has some sort of value to me. I also only found out about the Speed IV being 30 since the Speed stat at Level 100 with 252 EV's was only 1 point away from Max. Speed.

Edit: I just received the Mewtwo from the GTS. Thank you very much for the awesome Giveaway!

Best greetings.

Last edited:
IGN - Lee
3 - My first big accomplishment was getting a shiny 6IV Torchic with speed boost, I was breeding for so long trying to get this shiny without the shiny charm as Torchic is one of my favorite pokemon. I was panicking so much that it wouldn't have good IV's as I kept getting SpAtk and no Atk and when I went over to the guy who checks IV's and I saw HP and Attack pop up straight away and got so excited, this was very recent as I'm new to competitive battling but I know I will never ever get rid of this Blaziken, keeping it at level 50, Flare Blitz, Low kick, Stone Edge and protect, and it was probably the best accomplishment, currently going for the living dex at the moment, just completed gen 1 and 2 and nearly done gen 3, about 130 pokemon left overall so that will be the biggest accomplishment bar this bad ass Blaziken XD

Back for the day to resume distributing Mewtwos! Didn't see any Cacneas on the GTS as I logged on today. Please check to make sure they haven't been sniped!

My favourite RNG pokemon was my first one which was a flawless hp grass shiny charmander back in the days of diamond and pearl. Charizard has always been my favourite pokemon and I badly wanted a shiny one as the black Charizard just looks so awesome. Prior to finding out about RNG abuse i was trying to hatch a shiny with full odds as didn't have a non-english ditto to use with no luck. So I was super excited when I came across the RNG abuse guide here on Smogon. After some initial issues with learning the process I was finally able to get the hang of it. I was so proud of myself when that bright yellow finally hatched. I nicknamed it 'Night fury' after how to train your dragon movie.

Congrats on your own awesome Mewtwo! And thank you for sharing your efforts
IGN: Neil
I've deposited a lvl 1 female cacnea

Last edited:
IGN: Martin
  1. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?
My favourite breeding project was my Shiny Hydreigon, Harrow. I chose this project because Hydreigon is my favorite pokemon, but sometimes I found the colour scheme to be a little bit dark and washed out, which was a big sin Gen V did in desiging the Unova Dex. He took a good week of casually breeding while watching the telly, but because I didn't go hardcore ham the result was a snazzy poke for battles with my friends that didn't cause me to burn out.

IGN: Megan
Q:If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?

A: I love breeding Eevees. I haven't started IV breeding yet, instead I'm breeding for all possible gender/ability/nature combos. I don't do much with them, just kinda collect. I started a month ago and I'm still not done!

IGN: Nordlie !

If you bred Pokemon in DPP before the advent of RNG, what was your favorite traditionally bred Pokemon? Do you remember its IVs? Have much fun with it in battle?

I remember in my early smogon days in 2010, it was all about to breed and get good iv pokemon so i could get the pokes that i wanted from other members here on smogon! I remember back in the days that i was on a Szicor breeding project at that time ! I was originaly aiming for a 3 flawless iv with 25+ at the rest og the stats with Adamant Nature!! But out of nothing, i suddenly got a Impish Scyther with 31, 31, 29, 31, 30, 31! That Scyhter cange the things aorund alot for me since a Scizor was a very populare pokemon at that time, + it was Impish as well!It was something different! That Scyther gave me the oppertunity to get alot of new pokemon from other members! I manage to biuld a great foundation from that Scyther to all the pokemon that i got today ! I alomost have everthing now! :) And yeah, i have alot of fun with it in battles! That impish nature sometimes let me edge that hp from yellow to green ;)

Added a lv 23 Cacnea Male IGN : Nordlie Message TWO STRONG

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
Got SpeedySquirtle and KindaSnivy their Mewtwos. At this point, activity in this giveaway has badly stagnated so I think I'm going to end it for now. If you posted here and got sniped, throw me a pm and I'll try and hand it to you soon. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)