5th Gen offensive OU team

This is my OFFENSIVE 5th Gen OU team, as you can see from the title. Everything in Bold are moves that my Pokemon learn, and everything in Italic are counters to my Pokemon that I can come up with, so you dont need to mention them.

Mienshao (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick

Surprised I dont see this much. Mienshao is a great anti lead with the ability to outspeed most leads out there. Fake Out+ Taunt is essential, so no Pokemon will be able to outspeed him. U-turn is for tough situations when his Focus Sash is activated and thus giving the Regenerator boost. Hi Jump Kick is essential for Stab, and its on almost all Mienshao sets. Sadly, there are many counters to him, such as Gengar, Deoxys-S, Aerodactyl, the list goes on and on.

Metagross @ Balloon
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Metagross has great synergy with Mienshao, resisting Psychic types that would otherwise wreck Mienshao in the face. Stealth Rock is for the support that this team needs badly. Bullet Punch is to outspeed Pokemon that can put a dent in Metagross (such as Excadrill). Earthquake is to hit the pesky Steel types that are so common for support. Meteor Mash is very common for Metagross, being a powerfull STAB attack. I dont see the point in countering a support Pokemon, because you can easily Spin them away at the end of the game. Anyway, anyone that can learn Taunt, anyone that can learn Earthquake, anyone that resists Metagross' Stab attacks (that arent Steel type) are good counters to Metagross.

Scrafty (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty is probably the best set-up Pokemon in the game. Dragon Dance is to boost Scrafty's Speed and Attack, obviously, so he can try to sweep. I went for Hi Jump Kick because I am solely looking for power on Scrafty, not caring about losing health. Crunch is to get the dual STAB and (if I predict well) hit Ghosts that resist Hi Jump Kick. Ice Punch is to deal with Grass and Dragons for Super Effective damage. The best counter to Scrafty is probably Roobushin, with STAB Super Effective Mach Punch, even hitting a 266 Defense stat.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Kyurem is a great special sweeper, using great offensive typing and fantastic movepool. Draco Meteor is to hit Special Walls for respectful damage, and being a last stand move. Ice Beam is for Stab #2, giving great coverage and perfect coverage with Focus Blast. Substitute is to block Kyurem from status, and keep it from getting countered by Whimsicott. The best counters to Kyurem are mixed sweepers, such as Infernape or Blaziken.

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

I was really excited when I found out Blaziken gets Speed Boost, making his mediocre speed skyrocket each turn he stays in. Hi Jump Kick and Fire Blast is for great stab coverage, hitting almost everything in the game for atleast neutral damage. HP Ice is for Dragon types who would otherwise wall this set. Stone Edge is for Gyarados and for the critical hit chance that can sometimes be very nice. The counters to Blaziken are Pokemon who have considerable bulk and dont take much damage from any attacks that Blaziken can pull off. Roobushin, for example, is a great counter to Blaziken.

Cofagrigus (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 130 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Rest

Cofagrigus is the best spinblocker in the game, so my team can wreck almost the whole metagame. Will-O-Wisp, Toxic and Hex are good STAB and to get some additional damage. ChestoRest is to get some good damage off, and to take out status ailments. Good counters are anyone that can take out spinblockers, really.

Thanks for looking at my team, comment, please. I want to know good counters to this team.

Im also thinking of replacing Kyurem with Hydreigon for the special attack boost and the extra immunity to Ground type attacks.

Hydreigon (F) @Choice Scarf/Choice Specs (not so sure on this
Trait:Levitate
EVs:252 SPatk/252 Spe/ 4 Def
Modest/Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse

Metagross is your only ground-resist, and even that is taken out once his balloon is popped. I'd suggest swapping out your Cofagrigus for a Substitute/Disable Gengar: something like

Gengar @ leftovers
Timid
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Substitute
Disable
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Gengar fits in better with the offensive nature of your team and provides a key immunity to Ground attacks. Granted, you're losing a lot of physical bulk, but Metagross handles physical attackers to some extent.

Also, your Kyruem is Hasty when it could just as easily be Timid and keep its defense.

On Scrafty, I'd consider replacing Leftovers with Life Orb simply by your own explanation - You're looking solely for power, not caring about losing health. Either that, or consider changing from HJK to Drain Punch, as it can easily become a powerful life-restoring force after a couple boosts. Loss of immediate power, but makes it all the harder to take down once Roobushin is out of the picture - who is coincidentally enough handled well by that Gengar set.

thanks, but i like Cofagrigus alot better because people dont expect him much, so there is a suprise factor. otherwise, ill make the other edits right now

Only thing I have to say is about the nature. Metagross' nature should be Adamant and Kyurem should be Timid and put those atk evs into hp cause you don't have a physical attacking move.

I have one small edit:
Roobushin, for example, is a great counter to Roobushin.
I think this should be changed to:
Roobushin, for example, is a great counter to
Blaziken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)