(5th gen OU) My Pokemon Online Team (offensive)

Hello, guys, this is my OU Pokemon Online team.

Origins
For a year before I joined Smogon, I came to know Smogon, and decided to start studying competitive Pokemon, chiefly in the OU and Uber areas. I had a very standard prototype on the assumption of winning a lot of matches, but before I even checked my finale, I felt personally that it was too bare-boned and due to the fact that Salamence and Latias were now banned and the fact that fucking Azumarills (yes, I researched a little into UU even tough I hated it from my heart and above, it was useful) would **** this team, I decided to be a bit more creative, and ended up creating this team on Build-A-Team on the Smogon homepage. I ended up keeping 2 of the Pokemon on my prototype, Heatran and Metagross, and ended up with this team: Metagross, Heatran, Lucario, Swampert, Gyarados, and Scizor, it failed horrendously, and I decided to revamp my team, taking out Heatran, Scizor, and Gyarados and changing and putting Lucario into the "reserves" area. I decided to join Poke Lab, ditching Shoddy. I replaced them with Infernape and Rotom-W, I won a few more matches but it still didn't work. I went to pokemon Lab and decided to revamp my team, again and into the more familiar team that I now play nowadays. I completely revamped it, tried out new Pokemon, and some of it stuck the rest of them went into "reserves" Lead Azelf, Lead Gliscor, MixDra, Standard Starmie, nd special Zapdos all went into the "reserves" while Special Jolteon and Mixvire became team members. I came out really well, but I noticed that something wasn't working well, so I took out MixVire and put him into "reserves" and replaced him Standard Weavile. And so on...

Team

Metagross (Tank) @ Lum Berry 255 Atk./255 Sped. Nature: Jolly

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Thunderpunch

This guy is a very godo lead, he will OHKO every lead bar Gliscor and Azelf, and Infernape will get OHKOed if somehow Metagross survives a Fire attack from him. He is also very bulky and fast. He OHKOes LeadGar, LeadVile, and whatever other leads with Meteor Mash, and Infernpae w/EQ, Azelf gets 2HKOed by Meteor Mash and for Gliscor, I just switch as I predict an EQ.

Weavile (Robin Hood) @ Life Orb 255 Atk./255 Sped. Nature: Jolly

Ice Shard
Low Kick
Pursuit
Night Slash

Weavile is a monster, he will OHKO Deoxys, Garchomp, Skymin, and many other top tier threats with either Pursuit or Ice shard. Ice shard is there for obvious reasons. Night Slash is there for very good STAB and to kill off pesky Bulky Pokemon like Dusknoir and Deoxys-D, and he will also OHKO many other tanks, if already weakened. Low Kick is there for the dumbass Steels and Rocks and Blissey. Pursuit is there for runners and there like, but I usually don't use it too often. His function is like an offensive glue, that kills and maims many Pokemon. without him, things like skyim and friends would run through my team.

Gengar (Fawful) @ Life Orb 255 sp.A/255 Sped. Nature: Timid

Shadow Ball
HP Fire
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

This guy was a very good guy on my team, he has Shadow Ball because of the fact that so many top-tier threats are Psychic types, like Deoxys and other Gengar. HP Fire are for stuff like Skymin and Breloom. Focus Blast are for stuff like Doruuzus, Rocks, Steels, and Blissey, though it never OHKOs her. And Thunderbolt are for stuff like Hydration Tail Glow Manaphy and DD Gyarados, it's also a good utility move.

Skymin (Jesus) @ Life Orb 255 Sp.A/255 Sped. Nature: Timid

Energy Ball
Earth Power
HP Fire
Air slash

He is another monster. A dangerous foe, marvelous Speed, and a hefty attacking stats to back it up. Energy Ball and Air Slash are for STAB, HP Fire is for other Skymins, Breloom, and Shaymin. Earth Power is there for no apparent reason. OHKOes all or almost all who face him, that's why he's God.

Starmie (Misty) @ Life Orb 255 Sp.A/255 Sped. Nature Timid

Surf
BoltBeam
Psychic

Ah, the Standard Starmie, anything else? Surf is for STAB and for any Fire types, Ground types, and rock types and maybe the random Waruvial here and then. BoltBeam is Thunderbolt and Ice Beam and together they have excellent coverage as together they will kill many top-tier threats like Dragonite, Salamence, Latias, and Gyarados.
Psychic is there for nasty-ass Machamp and STAB.

Jolteon (Sonic) @ Life Orb 255 Sp.A/255 Speed Nature: Timid

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
HP Ice

Thunderbolt is there for STAB and is a great utility move that will kill a lot of top-tier threats and hurt a lot of stuff like Gyarados and Empoleon. Shadow Ball is there for nasty Ghost and Psychic types like Alakazam, Gengar, Dusknoir, and Deoxys. Signal Beam is there for Dark types that run rampant like Weavile and Tyranitar. On Weavile Signal Beam is a OHKO while with Tyranitar, it's a 2HKO, assuming it DD, otherwise, I'm dead. HP Ice are for Dragons like Suckamence, Latiass, and the weak Garchump.

Reserves (Don't ask for the sets)
MixVire (Buzz)
Mixape (Inferno)
Physicario (Riley III)

Please rate :)

Metagross without bullet punch will get owned by lead azelfs, which commonly carry fire blast. Since they are faster, they'll usually be able to nab the 2HKO. Sash protects from the OHKO and without priority, you won't beat them (unless fire blast misses, in which case, meteor mash has the same chance of missing).

Weavile is just a little too frail for my liking. Almost any bullet or mach punch will kill this thing so watch out.

If you mean SHAYMIN not skymin for the 4th one, I recommend seed flare over energy ball. It lowers special defense 2 stages as well as packs a greater punch. It's okay, but I don't see it sweeping too often. There are better sweepers.

Overall, relies too much on pure power, which means you'll get walled completely by a good team. Jolteon will not take out regular deoxys or tyranitar with signal beam without a crit. You have too many pokemon weak to fire, which rapes 4-5 of your team barring starmie, which is too frail to take any decent fire attack. LO Infernape may be able to single handedly destroy your entire team. You should put more pictures, spell check your words, and spell check pokemon names. Also, put in those last 4 EVs because most people opt to put them in HP, where sometimes it is more useful in def or SpD.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Increase your descriptions for Doryuuzu, Jolteon, and Starmie; they're lacking and violating RMT rule #3. Do this within twenty four hours of this post or I'll be forced to lock your thread.

Alright, you seem kind of new so I'm going to give you some basic pointers.

1. You don't want to use more than 252 EV's in a particular stat. 510 is the total max, but you get one stat increase for every 4 EV's, so 252 is the highest number that is divisible by four to increase your stat.

Take Jolteon for example. Running 255 EV's in speed and special attack increase both those stats by 63. However running 252 in each of them gives you the same increase, plus an additional 6 to increase your HP or something else by one. Effecient use of your EV's is something pretty basic that you should research.

2. This team is too offensively and attack-oriented. Building Offensive teams is okay, but this type of team with a lot of 4-attack pokemon will just get walled by a lot of different things. It just looks like 6 pokemon thrown together without an overall strategy, and I feel like it needs more support in that department.

You might want to switch one of your Pokemon for Hippowdon to give Doryuuzu the SS boost AND check opposing Doryuuzus.
I also don't understand your Metagross. Which popular leads are hit SE by Thunderpunch? You should change it for Bullet Punch to hit the occasional Tyranitar/Weavile lead super-effectively.

You might want to switch one of your Pokemon for Hippowdon to give Doryuuzu the SS boost AND check opposing Doryuuzus.
I also don't understand your Metagross. Which popular leads are hit SE by Thunderpunch? You should change it for Bullet Punch to hit the occasional Tyranitar/Weavile lead super-effectively.
Metagross will always survive a EQ from Tyranitar, and he will OHKO Tyranitar with Meteor Mash. Weavile, I just Stealth Rock as Meteor Mash will always OHKO Weavile. And I did try Bullet Punch on Metagross, but it just didn't work out.

Alright, you seem kind of new so I'm going to give you some basic pointers.

1. You don't want to use more than 252 EV's in a particular stat. 510 is the total max, but you get one stat increase for every 4 EV's, so 252 is the highest number that is divisible by four to increase your stat.

Take Jolteon for example. Running 255 EV's in speed and special attack increase both those stats by 63. However running 252 in each of them gives you the same increase, plus an additional 6 to increase your HP or something else by one. Effecient use of your EV's is something pretty basic that you should research.

2. This team is too offensively and attack-oriented. Building Offensive teams is okay, but this type of team with a lot of 4-attack pokemon will just get walled by a lot of different things. It just looks like 6 pokemon thrown together without an overall strategy, and I feel like it needs more support in that department.
I'm using Pokemon Online, so it's possible. And yes, this is a tried and true test, but I might switch out Doryuuzu. And what does this get walled by?

The fact that you lack a weather changer(or Golduck/Lickilicky for that matter) means that the opponent can sack Politoed and still sweep in the rain. Thunderpunch is basically useless, replace it with Bullet Punch, and replace Meteor Mash with something else(Zen Headbutt for STAB maybe?)

All Skymin pack Seed Flare and Air Slash. It's good that you have Air Slash, but seriously, Energy Ball? Seed Flare has better power, 80% chance to lower SpD by TWO stages instead of 20% chance to lower by ONE.

Gengar can already deal with Machamp, although he needs to watch out for Payback. HP Fire though...? Fire kills his Speed IV, which is extremely annoying and usually this means ScarfTar can Pursuit Gengar to hell.

Also, Rapid Spin on Starmie. Weavile and Skymin wouldn't like having 25% of their HP eaten away every time they come in. :|

Also, I know the abilities are obvious, but please put them down. And your format sucks.

(I barely hope that you weren't trolling with GOD Skymin, Suckamence and the like.)

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cool team i like it,
i dont know if this stuff has been said or not but

1. metagross- instead of a lum berry you might want to try an occa berry, it will help you on leads like azelf and infernape.

2.on skymin swap out energy ball for seed flare because with serene grace theres a super high chance for a -2 spd drop so you can break down tough special walls like blissey.

3. on jolteon if your going to use a life orb set instead of signal beam use charge beam. you can get quick revenge kills with it while having a good chance to boosts your spa.

if you want to keep signal beam you may want to try a choice specs set?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)