5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

White Forest encounter slots work completely differently. The calculation for the slot is different, and the slots themselves are different.
So if I pick a frame with perfect IV will i be able to advance the PID and figure out what I would receive and create a list for my game? Just want to know would it be consistent as long as I go through the trail and error.

The chatter recording of course. We thought it was obvious once one has read the guide.

Obviously, they need the move "Chatter" in order to do that.

I think I figured out why I'm having such a hard time with RNGing on Gen 5. It's because I'm not getting my DS Parameters right. I tried following the guide from this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSHAga0Q3Q
but I can't seem to get the right results. Can someone assist me with this?
What are "right" results for you? As long as your Timer0 is always the same you are doing good.

Referring to http://imageshack.us/a/img191/2048/76391141.png

Do you remember the timer setup for that one?

When calibrating, keep an eye on the Timer0 and the "actual seconds". That's all data you need.

Remember the setup of your external timer and compare it with the "actual second".Keep in mind that the game takes its time to start, especially on the DSi and 3DS. Now when you need to enter at a specific time, set your time according to the difference.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So if I pick a frame with perfect IV will i be able to advance the PID and figure out what I would receive and create a list for my game? Just want to know would it be consistent as long as I go through the trail and error.
Sadly, it's not really that easy. Basically, the best you can do is run into grass patches, and encounter something. And hope your IV frame didn't advance while running, and that your sync works, and the Pokemon has the right ability (and that you encounter the right Pokemon in the first place).

Okay, please some one explain how to use the chatter thing. I just did that and it felt really weird, I didn't know you could record stuff into that pokemon. XD

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
You can do that, yes. However, be aware that you cannot use Sweet Scent or Honey to encounter Pokémon - you would have to turn in the grass and aim for the random encounter chance. Also, there are random PIDRNG advancements in the area as well, so getting consistent results is slim to none.

Okay, please some one explain how to use the chatter thing. I just did that and it felt really weird, I didn't know you could record stuff into that pokemon. XD
I'm really sorry to tell this to you but, this thread is not called "learn how to RNG" so if you don't know even the basics concepts you need to lurk some more insteed of asking stuff that is writen in othes places (and a lot of good guides).

I VM'ed you a really good and simple guide, once you get the basics come again and ask us about your specific problems. In the OP are guidelines about what we need in order to help you.

(on another thing, RNG takes time and patience and your post don't show the right attitude toward people trying hard to understand and help you, try to have a nicer attitude :-))

There is nothing wrong with my attitude. I'll find another guide, thank you very much. -.-

And
I read that one. It didn't help either...

There is nothing wrong with my attitude. I'll find another guide, thank you very much. -.-

And
I read that one. It didn't help either...
Egg abuse is fairly straight forward. What are you trying to breed? What parents are you using? The more information you provide, the more we can help you. Screenshots would also be useful.

I DID provide all that. -.-
*Sigh*

I'm really not trying to be difficult, I'm sorry, but this is all over my head...
Perhaps you should try to rng something that's a little more easier, like wild abuse. Anyway after looking at the screenshots on the previous page, I noticed a few things.

-The min/max frames were set to 1-50 or something like that. Set both to 8. The frame starts at 1 when breeding and automatically advances by 7 frames when you collect the egg. Don't try to go higher than this.
-You mentioned that you were using a flawless serviper as a parent. What was the other parent you were using? This is important.
-You need to press calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Dumb question, but when when you tried this last time did you do it befor or after you selected the BW breeding and pasted in the seed?

Perhaps you should try to rng something that's a little more easier, like wild abuse. Anyway after looking at the screenshots on the previous page, I noticed a few things.

-The min/max frames were set to 1-50 or something like that. Set both to 8. The frame starts at 1 when breeding and automatically advances by 7 frames when you collect the egg. Don't try to go higher than this.
-You mentioned that you were using a flawless serviper as a parent. What was the other parent you were using? This is important.
-You need to press calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Dumb question, but when when you tried this last time did you do it befor or after you selected the BW breeding and pasted in the seed?

I'm using 2 flawless Sevipers. And I did it after. Why?

No, I'm pretty sure they arn't.
Well this is all I can say:

-Set min max frame to 8. This may mean that you will need to find a new seed...

Btw when you found your parameters did you callibrate? or did you just use the first result you found? It could very well be that you're not using the correct Timer0.

Well this is all I can say:

-Set min max frame to 8. This may mean that you will need to find a new seed...

Btw when you found your parameters did you callibrate? or did you just use the first result you found? It could very well be that you're not using the correct Timer0.

I dunno.
If I can't get it then I'll have to use an AR. I'll try again tomorrow, this comp is about to crash.

The chatter recording of course. We thought it was obvious once one has read the guide.

Obviously, they need the move "Chatter" in order to do that.

What are "right" results for you? As long as your Timer0 is always the same you are doing good.

Referring to http://imageshack.us/a/img191/2048/76391141.png

Do you remember the timer setup for that one?
Okay I redid the parameters on my 3DS and I got a different Timer0 (12BB). What do I do now?

You should calibrate a bit more in order to find out which Timer0 is common for you. Since it is BW on a 3DS probably ten times is enough.

Also, when you haven't used EonTimer yet, you should do it now. It really helps to get straight results - there may be a difference in "actual seconds", but this one is at least consistent compared to the Timer0.

Well, uncheck C-Gear, of course. The rest is dependent on your personal timing. Do not forget: Remember the difference between the actual seconds and the seconds from your timer.

For example: Assuming have 20 in your timer and your actual second is 25, you now just need to adjust your settings to 15 in order to hit 20. You only have to do it once.

Alright. Thanks a bunch for the help. ^^

Edit: Alright so I tested a few times and found that my Timer0 was 12BB when I hit my target seconds, though sometimes I got 12BC. I got this result with and without button presses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)