VGC A team full of troubles!

Hi all guys! What's up?

Today I bring u my VGC team. I'm testing it on PS and I have a lot of problem, I really can't win a game D:
So I hope that someone can help me to improve it, btw let's start from the building phase.

BUILDING:
All the team started from the core Gigalith + Stoutland. Gigalith is a great pokemon, he has a great bulkiness, a great attack and it's really beautiful (expecially if shiny). Stoutland can exploit its ability "Sand Rush", double its speed and make a lot of damage (even if it's not the best sweeper of the game).

Then I choosed Tapu Lele for two reasons: first, it's a really powerful mon with its z-move, second, I needed a "terrain" to counter other Tapu. Even if I choosed a psychic terrain I entered in this team also a priority (Fake Out), of course not to be used in this. That's why I have Persian-Alola. He can use Fake Out, give a gret support with Parting Shot and Taunt and hit hard with Foul Play.
Now I saw good in this team a water pokemon. I could choose the ordinary Milotic, but I really like to use my favourite mons. So I choosed Primarina because I love her.

Finally, in the original team there were a Timid DragoniumZ Salamence but after some matches I realized that I never used him. That's why I opted for something of more useful, Arcanine. He is a really good mon. He can give the Intimidate support like mence, but he can also WoW opponents, annoy Porygon-2 with Snarl and hit hard Celesteela with Flamethrower.

Now let's see the movesets:

Gigalith (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 20 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Slide
- Heavy Slam
- Wide Guard
- Protect

I think this is a really good spread. He can resist to Koko, Z-Psychic from Lele, Horn Leech from Bulu (not in grassy terrain), +1 Waterfall from Gyara, Leaf Blade from Kartana and others...
Rock Slide is the best STAB with Heavy Slam to OHKO Lele and make a great damage to all fairies. I think that protect is a must but I'm not completely sure about Wide Guard.

Stoutland (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Psychic Fangs

Here is the "sweeper". I think that if he is supported he can make a lot of damage. 252+ Atk because the speed is doubled in sand. Return is the STAB while the other moves make a good coverage. Life Orb is to raise the damage. He needs it.

Persian-Alola (M) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Foul Play

This is a full support set. The only damage move is Foul Play (Fake Out is just to support) so he doesn't need Evs in the attack stat. Taunt is a great help against the Trick Room setter like Porygon-2 (the only problem is the Mental Herb). Parting Shot is an awesome move, expecially with the Darkinium Z.
I was thinking also to Silvally in its place, because he can give the same support with Parting Shot but then I lose my Taunt (also Fake Out but it's not a great problem).

Arcanine (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Here my Intimidate mon. AS I said in the building phase he can give a great support with its ability but also with Snarl to annoy opponents Porygon-2 (because I really suffer it) and with WoW to burn some Gyara, Chomp, Bulu and others. Finally Flamethrower is a good 2HKO on offensive Celesteela.
I could use Toxic>WoW to stall Porygon-2.

Primarina (F) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Protect

So this is one of my favourite mons. I know that she is not really strong, but I really wanted her in my team. Scald and Moonblast are the STAB while Energy Ball is for Gastrodoon. I am thinking also to an Assault Vest set but I'm not sure. The only sure thing is that I have to remove opponents Koko, Xurkitree and Bulu to use her.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Finally a really good mon. Nothing to say on the set, it's quite standard.

So this is the team, I really hope that someone will help me to improve it.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Have you tried Milotic instead of Primarina? It may scare opponents into not bringing intimidate, and those that do could give you a huge boost! Fun fact, gigalith does not get wide guard until pokebank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)