Other Metagames AAA team

TEAM: https://pokepast.es/22f04ed7434ed2df
So this is something I've always wanted to try, a merciless toxic spam team. Unfortunately, this team is quite inconsistent on the ladder and has many weaknesses.

Pyukumuku:
This serves as the bulky water of the team, while also providing a way to counter poison and steel types via Corrosion. However, it loses a lot of momentum and is pretty much useless if the opponent has magic bounce or sets up a sub. Regardless, the corrosion ability proves vital for the merciless sweeper/breaker on the team.

Ferrothorn:
This serves as a Stealth Rock setter and an all round bulky Pokémon. Through the ability Primordial sea, it serves as a Fire immunity as well as serving as a Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Grass, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel and Water resist. Despite these resistances, I feel its lack of recover aside from leech seed and leftovers prevents it from fulfilling its role as a bulky Pokémon for the rest of the team.

Mandibuzz:
Serves as a psychic, ghost and dark resist whilst also ensuring the team does not lose to setup sweepers via the ability Unaware. However, whilst having good resistances and reliable recovery, its mediocre bulk leaves more to be desired. I would like to combine the role of the first three mons into two extremely solid mons to provide a strong backbone to the team and allow for a greater offensive presence. (Hopefully add in some Toxic Spikes to)

Blacephalon:
Serves as a strong, fast and frail special attacker abusing Magic Guard to avoid damage from Mind Blown and utilising a Choice Scarf to act as a Revenge Killer for the team. The only thing this Pokémon is missing is the ability to abuse the toxic spread by the others with hex.

Buzzwole:
Serves as a cleaner with Triage and life orb. Also acts as a setup sweeper against bulkier teams and checks opposing setup sweepers with its own priority.

Naganadel:
The MAIN attraction of the team, utilising merciless and a relatively high speed stat to pump out critical hits and blast through opposing teams. Nasty Plot provides additional power to break through bulkier teams. The main drawback of this mon is its lackluster bulk resulting in a decreased possibility of safe switch-ins.

Anyway if anyone could help streamline this team it would be much appreciated. Thank You in advance!

I have to say, this team look good and fun to use.
The only problem I see hindering a merciless sweep is Magic Bounce.
would recommend using a Mold Breaker to spread toxic to the Magic Bounce users.

Toxic Spikes could also help the team seeing that merciless works with any type of poison
When the Toxic Spikes are up Magic Bouncers are no longer a problem and until removed.
and It will guarantee a toxic or poison up on the first turn
making stall easier.

If you like the idea I would recommend to have the hazard setter have Mold Breaker
It is really needed If you want to get hazards up in this metagame.

I really like the idea of this team.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)