Agirudaa @ Focus Sash
Unburden
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature ( + Spd, - Sp. Atk )
- Spikes
- Yawn
- U-Turn
- Life Gamble

It has the 3rd highest HP of any Pokemon that can use Life Gamble (Staraptor has 85 Base HP, Victini has 100 Base HP) and with its Speed it can even outspeed Naive/Timid Scarf Heatran and OHKO with Life Gamble. It can also do the same to Pokemon such as Metagross or Tentacruel. U-turn breaks Sashes and lets you switch to something such as Magic Mirror Espeon in DW, or just to a counter.

The only 2 Rapid Spinners that it cannot OHKO with Life Gamble, are Donphan and Doryuuzu. Both of them can outspeed Agirudaa by using Ice Shard or Sand Throw too, which can severely decrease Life Gamble's effectiveness.

Yawn lets it can set up more Spikes with P-Hazing, and it can also deal with some set-up sweepers too if it gets the chance to. Also, with Yawn, after forcing a switch you can U-Turn to a counter.

Sadly, Guard Share cannot be used alongside Spikes, but it seems a bit too situational in my opinion and it can Yawn against Bulky Pokemon anyway, so Guard Share isn't going to be needed.

You could use Protect, to stall 1 turn with Yawn, or to stop Fake Out leads, but U-turn is usually a better choice.

Raindance Lead

Haven't had time to read this whole thread, but I've been using this guy as the lead in my Raindance team. The high speed means I can always get off the dance and u-turn him out for one of my sweepers. Alternatively, I gave him yawn and spikes which I have used occasionally when someone leads with something with an auto weather ability. The stat cleansing in the rain is a nice bonus to choosing this guy over others.

Agirudaa @ Damp Rock
Hydration
4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature ( + Spd, - Sp. Atk )
- Rain Dance
- Spikes
- U-Turn
- Yawn

BurningMan

fueled by beer
^Looks pretty solid, but i would exchange Yawn with Bugg Buzz and invest in The SDef EVs in SpA to make use out of his good SpA and Bug Typing that can certainly help with Grass types Rain Teams can have problems with, most notably Celebie and shaymin who have the bulk to take an unstabbed ice beam and threaten with Leaf Storm/Seed Flare.

Edit: Oh and if you do this you should obviously change the nature to timid.

how sounds:
+ spatt / + speed - att
hydration to punish rain or sticky hold, overall is sticky hold better if not using poli or kyogre yourself
ev into sp att and hp (to make longer living subsitutes with that sharpedo defense) and/or into speed to outspeed even some scarfed ones
leftovers

Substitute
Acid Bomb / toxic
giga drain
HP Fire / bug buzz / focus blast / u-turn / extreme risk

just make clones and suck out or burn everything after an acid assault

accelgor is definitely the best lead i have ever used...it assures that i lay down at least one layer of spikes and its special attack is not bad at all...with spin support and the rare sandstorm and hail in uu it can even come back later and revenge kill something with its awesome speed,or lay down more hazards...

To run a LO setn with things like Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, HP Ice, and Encore, wouldn't it be viable to run modest for noticeably higher power? Even with modest, it still beats Starmie, Scarftar, Alakazam....... Or should i just go with Timid for Jolteon , Scarftran, Scarf Chandelure, +1 Dragonite and +1Adamant Gyarados?

To run a LO setn with things like Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, HP Ice, and Encore, wouldn't it be viable to run modest for noticeably higher power? Even with modest, it still beats Starmie, Scarftar, Alakazam....... Or should i just go with Timid for Jolteon , Scarftran, Scarf Chandelure, +1 Dragonite and +1Adamant Gyarados?

Timid Scarf Chandelure still out speeds Jolly 252 Speed Agiruuda.
Anyway, I'd run Timid. You could pull a surprise kill I guess.

Might I suggest the following? I've had great success with our ninja bug (never heard of that before) using this set:

Agirudaa @ Petaya berry
Modest Nature
Unburden
252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Substitutue
Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
HP ground/fire

with his incredible speed, Agirudaa will almost always be able to sub down to his petaya berry, triggering unburden. With unburden's speed boost, agirudaa can outspeed even common scarfers, while hitting like a truck under the influence of berry.

*ninja'd by Athena... sigh*

Might I suggest the following? I've had great success with our ninja bug (never heard of that before) using this set:

Agirudaa @ Petaya berry
Modest Nature
Unburden
252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Substitutue
Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
HP ground/fire

with his incredible speed, Agirudaa will almost always be able to sub down to his petaya berry, triggering unburden. With unburden's speed boost, agirudaa can outspeed even common scarfers, while hitting like a truck under the influence of berry.

With base 100 Sp.Attack? Doubt he'll be able to sweep :/

Agirudaa @ Petaya berry
Modest Nature
Unburden
252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Substitutue
Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
HP ground/fire

Since it's that fast to begin with, why not take enough EVs out so it still outspeeds something notable (like +2 Excadrill or something, a bad example but whatever) and put the rest into HP or another stat? The extra speed is pretty unnecessary if it doesn't need all of it, and the extra HP could come in handy for something I'm sure.

Since it's that fast to begin with, why not take enough EVs out so it still outspeeds something notable (like +2 Excadrill or something, a bad example but whatever) and put the rest into HP or another stat? The extra speed is pretty unnecessary if it doesn't need all of it, and the extra HP could come in handy for something I'm sure.
I think Accelgor has to run max Speed so that it outspeeds most opponents (even ones with Choice Scarf).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think Accelgor has to run max Speed so that it outspeeds most opponents (even ones with Choice Scarf).
After Unburden, it outspeeds everything in the game at +1, and everything except for Deoxys and Ninjask at +2. It can afford to lose some of those EVs.

Edit: Accelgor'd.

After Unburden, it outspeeds everything in the game at +1, and everything except for Deoxys and Ninjask at +2. It can afford to lose some of those EVs.

Edit: Accelgor'd.
Okay, but if it's not using Unburden, then it can run max Speed. How much Speed should Accelgor lose from its max if Unburden is the ability to be used?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Jolly Excadrill in the sand is the fastest relevant threat I can think of, and it's outsped with no investment and a neutral nature.

I've been using an all-out attacking Accelgor recently with moderate success. The most annoying part is that it can't really touch Scizor, Forretress and their friends with a super-effective attack, and if it can't land a super-effective hit it generally doesn't manage too much damage. But it's pretty good late-game, and can sweep weakened offensive teams. I used Bug Buzz/HP Ice/Focus Blast/Giga Drain, but I think that HP Fire is a better option if you'd rather break through the aforementioned Pokemon than Flying-types and Dragons.

Starmie is sometimes able to sweep without any boosts at all. At +1, Accelgor could sweep a weakened team.
Yea, but Starmie has Hydro Pump(120), Thunderbolt(95), and Ice Beam(95), with its main STAB move being a 120 BP move unlike Accelgor's Bug Buzz(90) which is a lot weaker than Starmie's Hydro Pump.

Not to mention Starmie likes to run a Life Orb for added damage and has a secondary typing to help kill the Fighting types that plague 5th gen.

Water is also a better offensive type than Bug IMO

Starmie's Psychic typing actually makes it fear Pursuit. Also the best counter to most Fighting-types is Reuniclus, but I think we are going a bit off-topic.

Yea, but Starmie has Hydro Pump(120), Thunderbolt(95), and Ice Beam(95), with its main STAB move being a 120 BP move unlike Accelgor's Bug Buzz(90) which is a lot weaker than Starmie's Hydro Pump.

Not to mention Starmie likes to run a Life Orb for added damage and has a secondary typing to help kill the Fighting types that plague 5th gen.

Water is also a better offensive type than Bug IMO
+1 Bug Buzz has an effective 135 BP, so it's stronger than Starmie's unboosted Hydro Pump. And also doesn't miss. Same for +1 Giga Drain, which is an effective 112.5 BP, stronger than Thunderbolt and Ice Beam (although admittedly with less coverage).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)