Other Metagames Aegislash-God Team (Gods and Followers)

Hello. This is my first RMT under my new account, but hopefully not my last. I wanted to play a new OM...so I did. I don't know what you want from me but that's all the exposition I'm willing to give.

After reading and lurking the threads for GaF, I was intrigued by the delicate team building and role defining, and how people would play; would they prefer an offensive team with a Uber powerful God or play it safe and survive. I wanted to try and balance it out. Some of the most powerful and utility-based Pokemon in OU are Ghost and Steel types, so I decided to take that idea and apply it to this. This made me use Aegislash a the God. I'll explain more about Aegi later. Now the actual team:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Pursuit

The aforementioned God of this team. I chose Aegislash for it's versatility and the partners I could team it up with. Swapping between great bulk and great offences provides real utility, sicne it can take hits from many of the Uber Pokemon like base Rayquaza, base Groundon, Kyorge bar full HP specs water spout. Natural immunites to fighting and normal attacks aren't exactly negative either, checking MKangaskhan and EKiller Arceus. King's Shield is an obvious move. Gyro Ball is a great STAB from 150 base attack and low speed. Toxic puts a timer on incoming MSalamence and Groundon, as well as fat stuff like Chansey and Landorus. Pursuit is for Lati@s and maybe Zam. Though I might replace it for Shadow Sneak.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Knock Off

Pivotal hazard control. Sableye is important to this team, as not only does it control hazards, which is essential when dealing with powerful sweepers that use SR and Spikes for sweeps, tt's also my only reliable stallbreaker. I haven't ran into much stall but putting pressure on things like mandibuzz, Slowbro and Giritina isn't a downside. I'll often not MEvolve so I can Will-O-Wisp sweepers like MMence and MRay with prankster and recover off the damage. Taunt is for said stallbreaking and recover is for said...recovering. Knock Off deters choice users and eviloite users, and pressuring teams generally.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My main special sweeper, Gengar applies fantastic offensive pressure. Defensive walls like Slowbro and fat Jirachi get 2HKO'd easily from full, and gengar likes to jump in on weak non'scarfed Pokemon like Landorus. The offensive pressure and lack of good resist besides Clefable, Xearnes etc. It also deals good damage to Salabye. There isn't much else to it to be honest. It does provide an immunity to ground type moves bar Excadrill.

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

I was stupidly weak to Pursuit users at this point, as Focus Miss isn't reliable for gengar and Gyro Ball might not OHKO bulky Tyran Variants. Cob here is my dark resist. Not only does it resist dark, but it gets an attack boost. This makes it a perfect for dealing with Tyranitar and Bisharp. CC deals with both of these, plus dealing good damage to any Excadrill that might linger around. Iron Head is a good STAB to take care of Mgard. VoltSwitch is purely for momentum and dealing reasonable damage to any watertypes that want to resist either STAB.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Banded priority Scizor is awesome generally. My primary counter to Xerneas and dealing great damage to the majority of followers that follow the common fairy, dark and ground types that stick around. It also revenge kills revenge killers. Bullet Punch is obligatory, U-Turn is a good STAB versus switch ins and provides a pseudo VoltTurn core with Cob. Pursuit deals with ghost types generally as well as fast psychics, removing them for Gengar and Aegislash.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon

Heatran is my scarfer and revenge killer. It checks Togekiss, base Zam, Base gengar and MDiance and provides a fire type immunity. It also melds well with Gengar's immunity to fighting and ground. Overheat is for the increased power versus Ubers, EPower is versus other heatran and Tyranitar. HP Ice is for Dragon switchins, and dealing big damage to Mray. Flash Cannon is a fast STAB and very useful versus Fairies.

Well that's my team. The weaknesses I see are Magezone taking out Sciz and Aegislash and Excadrill with Mold Breaker. Keldeo too, although non-Cm sets can't take many hits from Aegi or gengar. I think that Yvelt is problem but the one I ran into weren't played very well so I'm not sure. I'm thinking of adding in Jellicent to deal with water types, namely Keldee, and help alleviate excadrill.

Hey mate, as you have mentioned you're weak to Keldeo and Excadrill, I also see a glaring weakness to Ho-Oh builds. First change I'd make is replacing HP Ice with Ancient Rock on Heatran, it lets you hit Zard Y, Ho-Oh and to an extent Yveltal which can mess with your team.

Secondly as much as I hate to admit it, Jellicent would fit better in Gengar's spot as you already have the Pokemon needed to stop Xerneas and Clefable, meanwhile Jellicent lets you fish scald burns, and hit ground types effectively also being able to toxic stall Ho-Oh. I'd suggest Scald, Hex, Toxic, Recover on Jellicent with a physically defensive spread.
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Hex
- Recover

If you believe you're too weak to Excadrill, I'd suggest fitting Skarmory with counter instead of cobalion as Heatran, Scizor and Mega Sab can take on dark types effectively.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet / Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Counter
- Iron Head / Brave Bird / Spikes / Whirlwind

If you use Skarmory I'd suggest a specially defensive Jellicent with Acid Armor.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Acid Armor
- Toxic

Thanks a lot! I originally had Skarmory but wasn't certain that the Pursuit trappers could be beaten. I'll do a few more matches but I'll most likely add it in. Same with Jellicent. Thanks for the advice and sets :P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)