Aggron in OU, a "new approach"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, this is my first post here but I've been playing here quite a time already.
Well, I know that Aggron in OU was discussed a ton of times already.
I know that many people will argue saying that his 4x earth and fighting weaknesses screw his job as a bulky poke. What about ignoring that and using these to your advantage?
I've been running this anti-lead/suicide lead for a while and it works wonders, only having trouble with ape, champ, the rare starmie, celebi and some stat leads.
Well, with no further addo, this is the set:

Lead Aggron:
Nature: Adamant
EV spread: 252 HP / 240 Attack / 16 SpD (still working on the special def, it MUST take at max 199% damage from earth power from timid Heatran)
Item: Shucca Berry
Moveset:
- Ice Punch
- Head Smash
- Metal Burst
- SR

Justification on the moves: Sr is obvious on a suicide lead, Ice Punch and Head Smash are your offensive options. I didn't go for EQ for the sole reason anything that you could hit with EQ (read Metagross,Heatran and Mamo) will attack before and deal more damage to you than you do to them and that's where the third move appears.
I'll give a paragraph on Metal Burst because it's what makes Aggron work, the point here is to profit from Aggron's weakness and low SpD and defeat leads that would otherwise cause trouble. This thing is so magical that it can kill a LO Scizor instantly if he tried to Brick Break you, leave Lead-Perts with 30% hp, OHKO Heatran and much more. It does require some prediction, but it's surprising how the stelly dude attracts EQs...

How to play it:
It's actually simples: stealth rock or attack your opponent but lets see with examples how to do it.

When you are facing:
- Aero: Ice punch him on the face, he wont KO you and the chance of getting taunted is huge. If you have no fear, SR up. He will deal 35% damage to you with EQ;
- Azelf: Same as aero, just with Head Smash, he wont OHKO you anyways;
- Heatran: Metal Burst him to oblivion, lets say you take 80% damage... well... he will take more than that;
- Swampert: SR up or try to metal burst him, he will be left with around 25~30% hp left if he EQs you, also with the SpD EVs you should take only 85% from surf, OHKOing him back;
- Metagross: Been a while, but just SR up, he can't stop you;
- Dragonite: Ice Punch him on the face... he can't OHKO you with superpower, well not even a scarf TTar can if I remember;
- Gyarados: Head Smash him, KO is a given;
- Ape /Celebi/ Starmie/ Machamp/ Stat Leads: Switch to something (Gengar is a nice partner to Aggron since he can kill Ape and severely dent Machamp if carrying explosion);

Also, this Aggron can lure AND kill Flygons and Salamences if his berry is intact: Bring him in, wait for the EQ, Ice Punch, Profit. Same works with gyara, just with Head Smash.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see some more Aggrons out there in OU.

PS.: Can anyone run some damage calcs against the most common OU leads and give me a appropriate EV placement for resisting a earth power from celebi and heatran (assuming no boosting nature)?

TL;DR: Metal Burst Aggron Lead is made of awesomesauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)