Tournament AGPL V - Week One

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by sleepyzen

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

:great_tusk: Ivory Impalers (4) vs (4) Dave's Dialgas :dialga:
SV AG: Mashing vs SoulWind
SV AG: The Strap vs Ballfire
SV AG: GeniusFromHoenn vs Trade
SV AG: WrathoftheLeopard vs Fragments
SS AG: polt vs Thiago Nunes
USUM AG: Will vs Catalystic
ORAS AG: PurpleGatorade vs Z Strats
Bo3: baconeatinassassin vs pdt

:zacian: Zealous Zacians (4) vs (4) Crooked Crobats :crobat:
SV AG: Taka vs entrocefalo
SV AG: Frito vs jb291
SV AG: Inder vs ZowwyCafé♪
SV AG: corvere vs Future king of ou
SS AG: Royal1604 vs Darkrai Retribution
USUM AG: HunterStorm vs default0
ORAS AG: Chloe vs Iguana
Bo3: Staxi vs Farce Of The Death

:spheal: Spheal Ordeal (2) vs (6) Lion's Den :necrozma-dusk-mane:
SV AG: TaxFraud vs temp
SV AG: LoSconosciuto vs byulharang
SV AG: hayedenn vs clean
SV AG: Sylveon used calm mind vs tier
SS AG: lotiasite vs Icemaster
USUM AG: Andyboy vs Master Chief
ORAS AG: Thimo vs MZ
Bo3: Fc vs Guard

Ivory Impalers (0) vs (0) Dave's Dialgas

Zealous Zacians (0) vs (0) Crooked Crobats

Spheal Ordeal (0) vs (0) Lion's Den
SV AG: TaxFraud vs temp
SV AG: LoSconosciuto vs byulharang
SV AG: hayedenn vs clean
SV AG: Sylveon used calm mind vs tier
SS AG: lotiasite vs Icemaster
USUM AG: Andyboy vs Master Chief
ORAS AG: Thimo vs MZ
Bo3: Fc vs Guard

The deadline for this week is Sunday, July 2nd at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
As the greatest ORAS player in AGPL history, statistically (this is a joke my ego is not that big I just need to find an excuse to make it seem like these predicts are worth reading), I have decided to predict the winners for all of the ORAS games and give my thoughts on each matchup and how I view them. This is purely for entertainment so hopefully no one gets offended or upset, I'm just trying to create some discussion:

PurpleGatorade vs Z Strats - Rusty old PG coming up against someone who, to my knowledge, has never touched ORAS AG? Should be an interesting one, I know Z Strats is a very good player in general so as long as he has the proper support and help to get him up to speed on the meta and how it works then he should probably be fine for this tour. PG is solid (although he's better in USM idk why he's in ORAS?) but he's also very rusty and inactive so I think he will just reuse something old and Z Strats will be able to pull through with some equally standard MRay team.

Chloe vs Iguana - Pretty much the opposite of the last pairing, everyone knows exactly what you're going to get with these two. They're both solid and seasoned, I think Chloe is the better builder and player when she actually cares and tries which I'm not sure she has for a year or two, making this a bit harder to predict than I would like. I believe Iguana is 3-0 or something like that vs Chloe in past team tours but I believe this is the time Chloe breaks the deadlock and finally hands him his first loss in this matchup. I would love to see Chloe bringing something new and fun like she used to but I'm not sure she's invested enough for that anymore, which could be the reason Iguana ultimately takes this one. Will be giving the edge to the one I think is the overall better player though.

Thimo vs MZ - Thimo used to be fire in ORAS AG (Thimo haven't seen you in a minute, hope ur doing well buddy) but he hasn't played in a tournament in a very long time so I'm worried he's a tad rusty or outdated when it comes to his teams and views of the metagame. However, he should have pretty solid support in Loti and Fc to at least steer him towards solid teams (although Fc's views on the ORAS metagame are atrocious a lot of the time) so maybe he can make something creative that still works in today's game. MZ is very solid and one of the very few people to have beaten yours truly in a tournament, he always brings something solid and his gameplans are all pretty consistently well thought out. He's the guy to beat in this pool at the moment, especially with Icemaster + Lauriane support which just makes me even more confident in bolding him here. Thimo could absolutely surprise and start his AGPL campaign off strongly though, he's one of the few people I have a hard time bolding against in general because of his history with the tier so who knows...

low effort SV predicts because I'm bored.

Ivory Impalers (1) vs (3) Dave's Dialgas
SV AG: Mashing vs SoulWind - SoulWind is the better player here, and I have no clue how up to date Mashing is on the metagame.
SV AG: The Strap vs Ballfire - I have no clue how this is gonna go, bolding Ballfire since he's cool and is probably gonna steal my ompl teams.
SV AG: GeniusFromHoenn vs Trade - Trade is gonna bring the most insane shit and still win.
SV AG: WrathoftheLeopard vs Fragments - wotl supremacy.

Zealous Zacians (3) vs (1) Crooked Crobats
SV AG: Taka vs entrocefalo - entro is extremely cracked at the game, and as good as Taka is, I don't think he's gonna win this one.
SV AG: Frito vs jb291 - Frito is the better player and has better support, but jb is pretty good when he doesn't bring garbage.
SV AG: Inder vs ZowwyCafé♪ - Zowwy definitely has a lot of potential and could pull off an upset, but Inder is a better player and has better support.
SV AG: corvere vs Future king of ou - lol

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Ivory Impalers (5) vs (3) Dave's Dialgas

Zealous Zacians (4) vs (4) Crooked Crobats

Last edited:

tier

PUPL Champion
Ivory Impalers (0) vs (0) Dave's Dialgas
SV AG: Mashing vs SoulWind - better support someone is gonna give sw some trash
SV AG: The Strap vs Ballfire - stronger player
SV AG: GeniusFromHoenn vs Trade - see above
SV AG: WrathoftheLeopard vs Fragments - see above
SS AG: polt vs Thiago Nunes - see above
USUM AG: Will vs Catalystic - cata is a fraud
ORAS AG: PurpleGatorade vs Z Strats - fake gen
Bo3: baconeatinassassin vs pdt - cool mu who knows

Zealous Zacians (0) vs (0) Crooked Crobats
SV AG: Taka vs entrocefalo - taka is gonna bring some fraud team
SV AG: Frito vs jb291 - ur opp can only play stall and thats being generous
SV AG: Inder vs ZowwyCafé♪ - stronger player
SV AG: corvere vs Future king of ou - lol this will be a highlight
SS AG: Royal1604 vs Darkrai Retribution - man who even is ur opp plus goat
USUM AG: HunterStorm vs default0 - players from the year 1883 dont win games
ORAS AG: Chloe vs Iguana - this will be fun
Bo3: Staxi vs Farce Of The Death - see above

Fun Predicts

Ivory Impalers (5) vs (2) Dave's Dialgas

SV AG: Mashing vs SoulWind - SoulWind is going to win as Mashing can't use Corsola in gen9.
SV AG: The Strap vs Ballfire - The strap is going to be on fire by the end of the match.
SV AG: GeniusFromHoenn vs Trade - Trade is back in AG and hoenn is going to learn the terror of facing multiple arceus in ag. Btw Rhmsitb is a johner.
SV AG: WrathoftheLeopard vs Fragments - Wrathoftheleopard is going to be too much for fragments to handle.
SS AG: polt vs Thiago Nunes - Polt is going to bring some unholy team and nunes would have no answer for it.
USUM AG: Will vs Catalystic - This match will never happen. Will will forget that he needs to play for agpl while streaming, and catalystic will never log in. Dead match.
ORAS AG: PurpleGatorade vs Z Strats - PurpleGatorade is going to show Z Strats that it is better than prime.
Bo3: baconeatinassassin vs pdt - Close match, but I believe bacon is going to win.

Spheal Ordeal (2) vs (6) Lion's Den

SV AG: TaxFraud vs temp - Taxfraud is going to crumble under 20k price tag pressure and ends up featuring in temp video.
SV AG: LoSconosciuto vs byulharang -byulharang wins, LoSconosciuto will play his 1st ag match. Show some support.
SV AG: hayedenn vs clean - clean is going to clean hayedenn.
SV AG: Sylveon used calm mind vs tier - Tier is going to show why swords dance is better than calm mind in Ag.
SS AG: lotiasite vs Icemaster - Close match but, Icemaster is going to win this one with luck. Sorry loti.
USUM AG: Andyboy vs Master Chief - Andyboy is in the hills honing his skill and will outplay the master chief.
ORAS AG: Thimo vs MZ - Another close match but, MZ is going to win this one as he has the goat support.
Bo3: Fc vs Guard - Fc wins in sm and ss. Guard wins in sv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)