All Pokemon caught in 72 hours - 2009 a Success. $17,000+ raised

Yeah, their Ruby file was deleted, so they have to do that again, and they beat Mt. Battle, but they used the FR trainer/cart.

I'm watching this, and for speed gamers, they aren't fast about this at all. They're making mistakes nearly every battle. Maybe it has to do with the third straight day. But i'm not surprised they didn't make it.

They aren't Pokemon players billy. Most of them have only played up to 2nd generation at most. You can't expect people with no knowledge of the game to be speeding through.

84 hours, and still no pokes on the final game. But they do have 115% of their wanted money. I wonder how long they'll continue, I think till the final card is full.

I don't know why I thought they would have practiced first and then try and go through this speed run . . . 82+ hours and they still don't have a single poke on the final cart.

Glad they were able to raise the money for charity sad they couldn't reach their goal.

Which raises the question do you think it would be possible to have all 491 pokemon on one cart in 72 hours? Was it even a possibility in the first place???

I think that a team with a plan could have accomplished it . . . but from the streams they were just playing thorugh the games and hoping to catch everything . . .

They HAD Pokémon on the final cart, especially since the final cart was one of the games they were using. They just never updated that list.

I'm pretty sure they'll still fill the diamond game, but not in the live stream.

Well, they said they'll do this again next year, hopefully they will succeed then.

And they got a lot of money, so it's all good.

Thanks everyone for watching and supporting us. Sorry we only got to 429 of 491, as you can see from the final checklist, the 4th gen killed us. the 1st - 3rd gen was just about 100% completed, but D&P was our weakspot.

What ended up happening is we had to dedicate 3 of our players to farming bidoofs for over 10 hours to reach the 1000 pokemon for mew. Also, the amount of players we had for the last 24 hours was weak compared to our first 48. When you look at the blanks we had for the 4th gen pokemon, you can see they were all easily attainable.

Catching 491 in 72 hours is DEFINITELY possible, and I'm sorry we came up short.

We will be making an attempt again next year around Christmas. We will have plenty of other marathons between now and then for carious charities.

Thanks guys,
~Britt

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
429 is still better than I ever had the patience to do in 10 years of playing Pokemon. xP

At least you raised lots of money for charity, and it'd be exciting to see it again next year. Good luck, and try to get some better players please. x_x;

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Thanks everyone for watching and supporting us. Sorry we only got to 429 of 491, as you can see from the final checklist, the 4th gen killed us. the 1st - 3rd gen was just about 100% completed, but D&P was our weakspot.

What ended up happening is we had to dedicate 3 of our players to farming bidoofs for over 10 hours to reach the 1000 pokemon for mew. Also, the amount of players we had for the last 24 hours was weak compared to our first 48. When you look at the blanks we had for the 4th gen pokemon, you can see they were all easily attainable.

Catching 491 in 72 hours is DEFINITELY possible, and I'm sorry we came up short.

We will be making an attempt again next year around Christmas. We will have plenty of other marathons between now and then for carious charities.

Thanks guys,
~Britt
I'm sure plenty of people around Smogon can give you a hand with the next attempt at this marathon, planning optimal capture lists, giving battle help and so on. While Pokemon does run a bit slower than a lot of games, there are still plenty of ways you can speed through the games. Check www.speeddemosarchive.com for some Pokemon speedruns, there's a recent Fire Red run up there (done in 2 hours 49 mins), and I'm starting to make preparations for a Colosseum speedrun.

We are back! Its been a year since our last attempt, but we are at it again. We start tomorrow Friday December 18th at 6pm cst and will be trying to catch all 493 Pokemon in 72 hours. I can guarantee you guys that we will pull it off this year. We caught 429 last year, but we have practiced hard since then and with the additions of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, it is very doable.

We will be raising money for Ally's House. Their website is Allyshouse.net

You can watch our attempt at www.TheSpeedGamers.com

Any promotion would be much appreciated.

Hope to see you guys there!

-Britt

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Good luck on this! I'm 110% sure you guys are pulling it off this year. I'm completely supporting this.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I'll be watching this as much as I can, but it starts at midnight for me which makes things interesting. Don't forget to donate! :-)

I should probably make a sticky or something once the event starts, but I know we have a shout out on our front page so we'll keep trying to do our part to get the word out. This is such a good event and it's tough to think of a charity even that would be more applicable here with it being a marathon to catch all the pokemon and all. I know I donated last year, I'll probably do the same this year and encourage everyone else to as well - support people supporting a good cause playing a game we love.

Wait, I noticed something. Everyone's saying 72 hours but the donation thing says it ends on Christmas, which is in a week. Or are they taking donations even after the playing's done?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I sent some money their way as I did last year. This also reminded me to make my annual Child's Play donation! It's not much every bit counts!

I have editted the topic title and first post to highlight this year's event.

Man, what an action. Raising money for charity, playing Pokemon on every game available 72 hours non-stop and having fun at the same time. I wish I could be part of it, but I'll help out as much as I can by donating

It's possible. Key will be rushing to the end then going back to fill out all needed pokemon. As long as they get all of the version exclusives and know where it's easier to find certain pokemon they'll easily get the majority of them. IMO it'd be easiest to just rush through using the "all of the xp goes to my starter so it's always 25 levels higher than my enemies" strategy with a bunch of HM slaves.

Training can be an entirely different story. Some things, like Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence, ect. will need a lot of time devoted to them to be achieved within 3 days of play.
Haha that's such a game winning strategy

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
This sounds like fun and I think it is really cool that by using something as nerdy as pokemon we can rasie money for charities. Good work and keep it up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)