ORAS OU Amoongmola (Dual Regen Stall)

Hey all this team has been long in the making without any outside help just through playing and losing matches and trial and error with other pokes. I only just now decided to get it rated due to more recent threats to stall becoming ever more popular. I peaked at #1 with this team, and have been top ten several times.

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
Main physical wall+team support. This thing is insane bulky and awesome at walling most physical attackers in ou, and provides max hp wishes to everything except chansey lol. It forms a solid core with Amoonguss which is particularly effective at stopping volt-turn spam, which effectively makes it do zero damage. Using rocky helmet compounds this on the u turner. I used to run lefties but I felt it wasn't really necessary tbh. I used to run slowbro but with knock-off and u turn so popular, and slowbro having no team support I eventually. Steels are a problem of course and usually the only answer it has is to spam scald. I so wish mola was given wisp (regardless that it would become taunt bait lol.) Also forms an excellent core with chansey.

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Secondary Special wall behind chansey. Forms a solid core with Alomomola which is particularly useful at stopping volt turn spam. The reason behind assault vest is that I find amoonguss can struggle with particular grass threats if it goes all one side on its defenses. I have wish support + regenerator so the extra healing from sludge doesn't really matter. Also I found many players high up the ladder have either a straight up spore counter or spore fodder, which doesnt hurt their team too much to "sacrifice" to spore. Foul play helps with things like taunt gengar. Ive been thinking of removing sludge bomb with hiddenpower fire maybe, as sludge bomb doesnt even ohko clefable, and clear smog 2hkos breloo. I doubt hidden power fire even 2hkos skarm so that is my reservation behind it, and amoonguss doesnt seem to get many more options outside hidden power fire as an attack move really.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Earthquake
This is pretty obvious...walling physical boosters, and one or two special ones too like clefable. Quag does struggle with some boosters that 2hko even with unaware but Mola kind of helps with that too, and thats where the next part comes in. The reason I have haze instead of toxic is because my a) team was struggling against experienced baton pass users, and b) it eases pressure on quags pp in the long run, so I can switch back to other pokemon on the team. Earthquake is needed for heatran, which is kind of problematic for my team unless I manage to knock off its lefties with m-sableye. I've considered clefable instead of quag but then bisharp becomes a huge problem for the team :(

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Knock Off
I decided against the calm mind variant as the ou tier is littered with strong special attackers that can still cause problems for mega sableye after one calm mind so they all need to be removed first. As a result I decided I would make a dual status mega sableye and it had been working to great effect. Basically I predict a fire pokemon coming in and use toxic. Knock off is extremely useful in general and I didn't have it anywhere else on the team. Same goes for magic bounce. The reason for a relaxed nature is because I didn't want to weaken knock off. Sableye is slow as hell to begin with and I found no circumstance where I would need less atk for more speed. That is for calm mind variants imo.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
The main special wall of the team and the team's cleric. Imo chansey is the best pokemon at both roles in any tier. Steel switch ins to toxic are kind of a problem...but if i ran t-wave then chansey would have nothing to kill things like volcarona that its there to kill. Relyying on fully paralyzeds + seismic toss is not really my playstyle...and I also wouldnt want an unwanted paralyze on something else.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost

Secondary defensive wall. good synergy with chansey. Mainly team support hence the ability to defog and hazard stack if necessary. I used to run brave bird for mega pinsir but I have rarely seen that pokemon in the last few months. Spikes can end a match quickly if the opponent doesnt have a defogger/spinner tho, or no spikes user themselves. I'm thinking of dropping spikes back for brave bird because of other fighting types tho, as skarm is taunt bait like this.

MAIN THREATS:
TGRD Manaphy
Hoopa-U
Gothitelle
Pokemon that use taunt that can beat mega sableye, although generally most of these are handled via pp stall just incredibly annoying
Sub users that boost and have lefties/sludge

Last edited:
Hey man! Cool stall build you have here, uterlising some of the styles best Pokemon to create a hard to break team. With this said, I think there are some improvements you could make, to better progress this teams ability to handle the current metagame. So lets not wait any longer and get straight into the rate!

Firstly, I believe you could optism your amoonguss set a bit better, as your current set misses out on one of amoonguss's biggest perks, for the cost of an extra move and bulk that really doesn't net you anything, especially because your team mates already provide those certain areas. So here are the two changes I recommend:

• Change 1 - Black Sludge > Assault Vest, as you free yourself of only being able to use attacking moves and gain some turn-per-turn recovery, which can server to be nice in the long run. You also don't lose much from replacing Assault Vest, as your team mates provide an amazing level of special bulk already.

• Change 2 - Spore > Foul Play, as spore allows you to cripple one of your opponents Pokemon, allowing you to freely complete a vast range of tasks like heal Pokemon, provide a free switch, get up hazards etc. Foul play is really not that needed either, as you already have plenty of ways to deal with physical attacks.

Secondly, I believe you should change Quagsire for Clefable, as it allows you to still ward off physical attacking set up mons, but also special ones like Manaphy, which would other wise blow through your team with ease. Not only does it do this, but it also gives your team a win condition, which you currently lack. The only down side to losing quagsire, is that volt-switchers can switch freely, but with amoonguss soaking up there hits and being able to switch out to recovery the damage this shouldn't be a problem.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

This spread allows you to take 3 Play Roughs from Belly Drum Azumarill, while also handling Manaphy in the rain. Wish and Protect provide longer lasting reliable recovery, so they are used over Moonlight, and Calm Mind works as not only a way to clean teams, but also help with special set up Pokemon.

Thirdly, I noticed that you were using a pretty much unessary move on your Mega Sableye and in return you were missing out on a great way to get the free Mega Evolvotion turn one and prevent hazards going up. This is why I recommend using Fake Out > Toxic, as like I said, Toxic seems pointless as you have an Alomomola providing it and with WoW support you should really never have a time or purpose to use it. On the other hand, Fake Out gives you the free Mega Evolution on Pokemon you normally wouldn't be able to like Mega Gardevoir, which then not only gives you some nice chip damage but a way to get Magic Bounce going to stop hazards from bothering your team.

Next, I saw yet another pointless move on your chansey, that was actually limiting the ability of another Pokemon on your team, making it more harmful than good. That's why I recommend you use Stealth Rocks > Toxic, as like previously mentioned, with two status providers already the purpose of having this move isn't that great espeically when it's limiting your skarmory ability to handle certain Pokemon.

Finally, your Skarmory is extremely passive to the point where it's just set up fodder for other Pokemon, which is a big no-no on Stall. But if you take away toxic and put Stealth Rock on Chansey, you now have a free space on Skarmory. This is why I recommend you to use Whirlwind > Stealth Rocks, as it allows you to phase up Pokemon looking to potentially set up on you like Bisharp and Scizor, which can beat Clefable in a 1v1.

This is all I have for now, but I'll make sure to include some additional inputs if I come up with any. With this a side, I really like this team and am a huge fan of stall myself, so I wish you the best of luck with this teams developement!

Bro serperior is a big problem, he too M-Sableye cm is a problem for u team. These are just some small examples.
There are too many weaknesses to be a team stall

Ok, my turn to fix this.

Your Sableye set is bad since without running SpD or Calm Mind it is easily killed, here is a better spread. Oh, don't take away from speed if your not using one of the attack stats. you can still burn ferrothorn when mega'd this way.
Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature

- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play / Metal Burst

I don't like the assault vest on Ammoongus when it can use spore, and it benefits better from mixed defenses. Black Sludge is great passive reccovery
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb / Foul Play

Use the Eviolite to the best it can with these EVs it has max Eviolite boosts because of the even amount isn't rounded down when multiplied by 1.5X, you can move four of HP to Speed for odd HP if your that worried.
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

On Skarmory running both hazards and Defog is a little terrible so I'd either replace Spikes OR Defog

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head / Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
*Note: if you use whirlwind use the Bold Nature and 0 Attack and you CAN change the item

Next, lets replace Quagsire with Clefable to get a win condition and status relief (depending on how much ammongus and sableye cover for you).
Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell / Flamethrower / Thunder Wave

Alomomola is fine as long as it can avoid all Special Attacks.

Reactions: JBC
SNOWY:
Firstly, I believe you could optimize your amoonguss set a bit better, as your current set misses out on one of amoonguss's biggest perks, for the cost of an extra move and bulk that really doesn't net you anything.

Thanks for the reply. Well in my experience an amoonguss without assault vest or 252hp/252spdef is annihilated by gengars special attacks, especially taunt or sub gengar where it doesn't even get the spore off. Foul play allows me to 1-2hko gengar whilst the the AV allows me to only be 3-4hkod by gengar (although foul play was originally there for aegislash as aegi could not touch this amoongus and always got ohkod if it attacked me). Foul play also does decent damage on switch in to offensive mons...seeing an excadrill and banded scizor for example take close to 50% when switching into amoonguss foulplay is not to be scoffed at, and there are many more pokemon that take a lot from it. Secondly this amoonguss can take overheat from manectric easily, hidden power ices from volt turners easily, extrasensory from raikou easily, hp flying from keldeo easily, amongst others, it can also survive some psychocks and psyhics from weaker psychic mons. And lets say I decide to put black sludge/spore instead of AV/foul play and give myself special defensive evs for gengar and all the other threats I just mentioned....certain breloom sets can be a pain like focus punch, and/or life orb especially with rocks up. Also mega venusaurs sludge bomb without AV does too much on amoonguss to regen off. Amoongus pivots back and forth between chansey a lot to waste their pp for some special attackers...but those attacks obviously need to do less than 33% with rocks up, which without AV they don't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
("Secondly, I believe you should change Quagsire for Clefable, as it allows you to still ward off physical attacking set up mons, but also special ones like Manaphy, which would other wise blow through your team with ease. Not only does it do this, but it also gives your team a win condition, which you currently lack. The only down side to losing quagsire, is that volt-switchers can switch freely, but with amoonguss soaking up there hits and being able to switch out to recovery the damage this shouldn't be a problem.")

Manaphy as I explained is a huge threat yes...but if I replace quag for clef....then I gain a bisharp weakness again as my only answer to it is hope mola can burn which is hardly a good tactic. I also see bisharp a lot more than manaphy. Outside of quag being the best bisharp counter on stall or clefable being the best manaphy counter on stall I would need to weigh up what more clef is bringing to wall physical boosting threats that quag would be (which is a lot) like talonflame for example. Also the fact that quagsire gets access to haze which albeit was mainly for baton pass teams which i know aren't as prevalent anymore it gives me something very useful...allows me to switch back into other pokemon on my team to ease pressure on quag. Example....something belly drums I am forced to leave quag in. Or lets say a team has clefable and also has 1 or 2 more boosters like bisharp and talonflame....quagsire walls them all but will struggle to beat all 3 via pp. Haze allows me to switch back out and get my team back in
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
("Thirdly, I noticed that you were using a pretty much unessary move on your Mega Sableye and in return you were missing out on a great way to get the free Mega Evolvotion turn one and prevent hazards going up. This is why I recommend using Fake Out > Toxic, as like I said, Toxic seems pointless as you have an Alomomola providing it and with WoW support you should really never have a time or purpose to use it. On the other hand, Fake Out gives you the free Mega Evolution on Pokemon you normally wouldn't be able to like Mega Gardevoir, which then not only gives you some nice chip damage but a way to get Magic Bounce going to stop hazards from bothering your team.")

Well there is an important reason I run dual mega-sableye which I explained in the op which gives me momentum and win conditions actually. When I see a team with mega charizard 99.99999999999999% they switch in to my sableye expecting wisp and get toxiced. Same with talonflame and any other fire pokemon for that matter. Same goes for gardevoir and other special attacking fairies that dont have magic guard (like clefable....but every so often its an unaware clef so im like...ok yeah ill take that thanks). I do think that having the ability to get magic bounce off against stuff like gard etc is good because i do find myself in situations where opening turn they switch out to a rocks setter and I switched out so rocks go up, however this does not provide me with anywhere near as enough win conditions as toxicing things on the switch that expect wisp...which gives me a huge advantage. Plus I have a defog skarm which will get an opportunity to come in and defog at some point, and by that time my sableye will have probably megad. But in essence you are correct about some matches me being on the back foot from the start due to opening turn being a "switch out and have rocks guaranteed up", or "recklessly stay in hoping to predict a switch out". Gutsy predicts like that with sableye are more likely to lose you a match, not win it.
("Next, I saw yet another pointless move on your chansey, that was actually limiting the ability of another Pokemon on your team, making it more harmful than good. That's why I recommend you use Stealth Rocks > Toxic, as like previously mentioned, with two status providers already the purpose of having this move isn't that great espeically when it's limiting your skarmory ability to handle certain Pokemon.")

Toxic on chansey isnt pointless but I will say that steels get free switch ins, so does gengar and mega sableye but that's fine. Chansey without toxic all it has is seismic toss to kill stuff which wont work against some threats like volcarona. Chansey needs toxic on my team to be able to stall stuff. I also hate getting unwanted paralyzes because part of the way I play is making smart predictions while an opponent is toxiced while they lose health. It's much harder for me to take down things like rotom-w that is burned or parad for example. It's not my playstyle to use twave with chansey then spam toss hoping for fully paras

Last edited:
Mio Isurugi MM:
"Bro serperior is a big problem, he too M-Sableye cm is a problem for u team. These are just some small examples.
There are too many weaknesses to be a team stall"

Serperior is not a problem at all. The only one that comes anywhere near being a problem is one with substitute and glare...which very few of them have, and even then it relies on hax which is hardly something to base a threat off imo. Amoonguss comes in immediately when I see serperior come in and takes the first leaf storm then clear smogs. Hidden power does hardly anything with the assault vest on. After that sludge bomb will ko regardless of what they choose to do. Secondly Calm Mind M'Sableye is only a minor problem and I never lose to it. I have to beat it via pp stall however and the tactic I employ so often on my team which is really successful of bouncing between chansey and amoongus on more trickier special attackers. I can let sableye get to 2.5x then bring in amoongus and just clear smog. It's always faster so the dark pulse/shadow ball that goes off does nothing with AV on (even if its burned from wisp), and what little it does (less than 33%) is also regenerated off. In that time the opponent will have used 3-4 calm minds and one attack...I used one clear smog and in the grand scheme of it will have taken no damage. Chansey can absorb wisps too.

Last edited:
SABLENITE:
("Your Sableye set is bad since without running SpD or Calm Mind it is easily killed, here is a better spread. Oh, don't take away from speed if your not using one of the attack stats. you can still burn ferrothorn when mega'd this way")

Thanks for replying. Anyway first off my sableye isnt easily killed, I just avoid special attacks for the most part and let it be good at countering physical threats with rocks which is most of the rocks users imo. Any special attackers with rocks sableye would struggle regardless after only 1 calm mind. Heatran can still be an issue if it burns which it does a lot imo lol. also clefable another popular rocks user...moonblast + calm mind...yeah ><. Also sableye to effectively use calm mind is a late game thing...you cant just go ahead and use it from the start unless their team is crap. Id rather have an immediate threat via knock off/wisp/toxic. Also knock off without the attack drop from bold ohkos gengar,starmie, latios, a lot of the time, and does 80-90% if they go a bit more bulky.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
("On Skarmory running both hazards and Defog is a little terrible so I'd either replace Spikes OR Defog)

Defog I'd wanna keep because due to the way I play....aggressive smart switching hazards are a weakness for me more than most. Example....rotom-w is toxiced it uses wisp I switch in mega sableye, it then uses pump I switch in amoongus, it uses wisp again i go to chansey, it uses volt switch I go to quag. Basically in those 4 turns its lost a considerable amount of health...if rocks are up I would be getting punished too for being a superior player...The only pokemon actually "strong" against rocks in that sense are quag and skarm, and once rocks are up I rarely switch in anything other than mola or amoonguss. However I am open to dropping spikes I guess to give me an edge against opposing stall with taunt + speed. In some matches though spikes have turned a match instantly into a win condition for me once the defogger/spinner/magic bouncer is gone and I do love having the knowledge that I can just sack skarm if its not needed anymore and put up at least 2 layers of spikes. I don't like relying on the randomness of whirlwind either I'd rather be in control of what comes in and not put myself on the back foot by spamming a move hoping it goes my way. I have actually been considering a spD defog mandibuzz because I hear it is a hoopa-u counter and I need something for hoopa desperately as everyone seems to be using it atm. Id lose the ability to use any hazards though which may be too much of a thing. Skarms utility is amazing in that sense. Also I don't like how much mandibuzz takes from rocks so it's a tough decision. Taunt>Spikes, and putting some evs into speed tho I like the sound of that as it gives me an edge against opposing stallers. I hate taunt so I guess other stallers would too...opposing heatrans coming into my skarmory with taunt....they cant taunt or rocks for a few turns so this is nice
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
("Alomomola is fine as long as it can avoid all Special Attacks.")

That's pretty much how I play it lol. I flee from almost all special attacks unless I know they do little damage, or have no choice but to take over 50% (or possible sack altogether) from one for the greater good. Quite often if the opponent gets the upper hand with a booster I can usually sack something then protect with mola on its final hit.
("Use the Eviolite to the best it can with these EVs it has max Eviolite boosts because of the even amount isn't rounded down when multiplied by 1.5X, you can move four of HP to Speed for odd HP if your that worried.")

Max eviolite boosts? never heard of that. I always thought the ev number rounding was to do with how much damage you take from burn, or for substitutes? How does that set fare against special attackers that like to use drain punch/close combat etc for example. In my experience so far I have found that in no circumstance does chansey need 252 special defense, and that 248-252 hp is always better but if you are saying otherwise please do tell. One thing I think i'm gonna try out new on chansey is flamethrower...the damage isnt great but the ability to burn scizor, bisharp, metagross, ferrothorn, skarmory, etc etc (list all the steel types that so often switch into my chansey) seems like it would benefit so much more than seismic...although seismic isnt totally useless as it does give me a way to get chip damage etc. The only way i can see having flamethrower being a problem is when i have chansey out against something attempting a wish pass to something at 30% hp where a toss would kill it on the attempted wish pass...i dunno i just find steels a nightmare since I am mainly a toxic stall team...most steels wont go into mega sableye and will switch if in against one so its hard to get a burn off on them with wisp tbh...so I think flamethrower on chansey while never used might actually give me some element of surprise and much need win conditions by crippling nuisance steels

Last edited:
edit: i tired flamethrower on chansey for like 20 matches...it hardly ever burned in any of them. In most of them the opponent just went to something other than bisharp and scizor etc when they realized what I was doing. In the one match it did burn his bisharp on a switch in the guy forfeited saying "ugh that's fucked up" lol but yeah...it's too unreliable. I also tried twave instead of toxic for a bit and I was losing to stuff I usually beat so yeah ><. Maybe I could try dual status twave + toxic and drop seismic toss but meh I think toss gives me much needed chip damage

SABLENITE:
("Your Sableye set is bad since without running SpD or Calm Mind it is easily killed, here is a better spread. Oh, don't take away from speed if your not using one of the attack stats. you can still burn ferrothorn when mega'd this way")

Thanks for replying. Anyway first off my sableye isnt easily killed, I just avoid special attacks for the most part and let it be good at countering physical threats with rocks which is most of the rocks users imo. Any special attackers with rocks sableye would struggle regardless after only 1 calm mind. Heatran can still be an issue if it burns which it does a lot imo lol. also clefable another popular rocks user...moonblast + calm mind...yeah ><. Also sableye to effectively use calm mind is a late game thing...you cant just go ahead and use it from the start unless their team is crap. Id rather have an immediate threat via knock off/wisp/toxic. Also knock off without the attack drop from bold ohkos gengar,starmie, latios, a lot of the time, and does 80-90% if they go a bit more bulky.

("Alomomola is fine as long as it can avoid all Special Attacks.")

That's pretty much how I play it lol. I flee from almost all special attacks unless I know they do little damage, or have no choice but to take over 50% (or possible sack altogether) from one for the greater good. Quite often if the opponent gets the upper hand with a booster I can usually sack something then protect with mola on its final hit.
("Use the Eviolite to the best it can with these EVs it has max Eviolite boosts because of the even amount isn't rounded down when multiplied by 1.5X, you can move four of HP to Speed for odd HP if your that worried.")

Max eviolite boosts? never heard of that. I always thought the ev number rounding was to do with how much damage you take from burn, or for substitutes? How does that set fare against special attackers that like to use drain punch/close combat etc for example. In my experience so far I have found that in no circumstance does chansey need 252 special defense, and that 248-252 hp is always better but if you are saying otherwise please do tell. One thing I think i'm gonna try out new on chansey is flamethrower...the damage isnt great but the ability to burn scizor, bisharp, metagross, ferrothorn, skarmory, etc etc (list all the steel types that so often switch into my chansey) seems like it would benefit so much more than seismic...although seismic isnt totally useless as it does give me a way to get chip damage etc. The only way i can see having flamethrower being a problem is when i have chansey out against something attempting a wish pass to something at 30% hp where a toss would kill it on the attempted wish pass...i dunno i just find steels a nightmare since I am mainly a toxic stall team...most steels wont go into mega sableye and will switch if in against one so its hard to get a burn off on them with wisp tbh...so I think flamethrower on chansey while never used might actually give me some element of surprise and much need win conditions by crippling nuisance steels

OK, first of all I suggested a Careful Nature on Sableye, which is -SpA, +SpD which allows it to OHKO Gengar and Foul Play gets a 2HKO on Talonflame and X-Zard, which become OHKOs after Stealth Rock damage.

Secondly, Chansey can't really take SE physical attacks or any knock offs anyhow, and as for mixed attackers you worried about, you can change Alomomola's spread to deal with this, but either way, Heatran, Thunderous (LO), and Tornadorus-T all bother you quite a bit with their taunts, or knock off / superpower
Anyhow, with Flamethrower, you you'd want to run blissey for a higher SpA stat and run T-Wave over Toxic to be able to cripple Heatran and others immune to fire or toxic, even If you keep Chansey with Seismic Toss, T-Wave is still good. Oh, if your against the SpD investment on it try running more HP but leave some in SpD

Oh, Alomomola can survive better with mixed defense and get more longevity, and drop protect if you don't wish to yourself much

Anything in bold is what I prefer, you can play differently, seroisly tough fix the IVs on Amoongus and Sableye.
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 248 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Alomomola (F) @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature (Impish if Knock Off)
IVs: 0 Atk (unless Knock Off)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Mirror Coat / Knock Off / Protect

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

Thanks again for the replies. I did try that ev spread on mola a while back but I found that certain physical threats were causing me problems though. Medicham and lopunny were ones iirc cant remember right now all the ones that did. I'll try it again though. Maybe that's a small price to pay if it is providing me with the ability for mola to wall more special mons. I also tried AV mirror coat mola but it was too much of a gimmick. If you reveal the mirror coat on a turn they dont attack/switch out experienced players never attack it with a special attack ever again. it's deadly against boosting mons because if you reveal it on a boost then a good player instantly gains a 6-0 sweep if they know what they are doing (just keep boosting to a point where mola cant take the hit anymore).

I will also try the amoongus ev spread out for a while.

Regarding sableye foul play over toxic, well....if you say it does over 50% to those mons then that's worth it, and it also give me a way to hit heatran other than knock off. Toxic is only there as a surprise move to fire switch ins anyway, but it sounds like foul play will get the job done quicker. Knock off also ohkos gengar 1v1 most of the time so really foul play would only be for stronger fire mons. I'd have to know how much it did to zard y and mega garde...because toxicing those things helps so much

Regarding Chansey....can you give me specific examples where the 100 from hp into special defense will help me out please? With toxic vs thunder wave, I would only be using it as a way to do something to steels (because literally EVERY switch in to chansey against me is either scizor or bisharp lol) but that woul be purely based on hax of fully paralyzeds. After a few turns if I think they are trying to get a free switch in on toxic I just use toss....30% ish chip damage on bisharp helps a lot. Against scizor with roost its kinda meh tho. Twave provides nothing against threats like volcarona etc where without toxic I am setup bait. Most of my team is still slower than stuff after the speed drop of twave too, and I like to be slower so that I dont see a life orbed mon put me at 50% when it dies.

Regarding IVs I am completely clueless so whatever is there is prob when I was trying hidden power on amoongus I guess and I never noticed it. What iv's do you suggest on everything?

Last edited:
Thanks again for the replies. I did try that ev spread on mola a while back but I found that certain physical threats were causing me problems though. Medicham and lopunny were ones iirc cant remember right now all the ones that did. I'll try it again though. Maybe that's a small price to pay if it is providing me with the ability for mola to wall more special mons. I also tried AV mirror coat mola but it was too much of a gimmick. If you reveal the mirror coat on a turn they dont attack/switch out experienced players never attack it with a special attack ever again. it's deadly against boosting mons because if you reveal it on a boost then a good player instantly gains a 6-0 sweep if they know what they are doing (just keep boosting to a point where mola cant take the hit anymore).

I will also try the amoongus ev spread out for a while.

Regarding sableye foul play over toxic, well....if you say it does over 50% to those mons then that's worth it, and it also give me a way to hit heatran other than knock off. Toxic is only there as a surprise move to fire switch ins anyway, but it sounds like foul play will get the job done quicker. Knock off also ohkos gengar 1v1 most of the time so really foul play would only be for stronger fire mons. I'd have to know how much it did to zard y and mega garde...because toxicing those things helps so much

Regarding Chansey....can you give me specific examples where the 100 from hp into special defense will help me out please? With toxic vs thunder wave, I would only be using it as a way to do something to steels (because literally EVERY switch in to chansey against me is either scizor or bisharp lol) but that woul be purely based on hax of fully paralyzeds. After a few turns if I think they are trying to get a free switch in on toxic I just use toss....30% ish chip damage on bisharp helps a lot. Against scizor with roost its kinda meh tho. Twave provides nothing against threats like volcarona etc where without toxic I am setup bait. Most of my team is still slower than stuff after the speed drop of twave too, and I like to be slower so that I dont see a life orbed mon put me at 50% when it dies.

Regarding IVs I am completely clueless so whatever is there is prob when I was trying hidden power on amoongus I guess and I never noticed it. What iv's do you suggest on everything?
Well, on everything not running a physical attack, run 0 Atk IVs as it minimizes foul play / confusion damage every other IV should be maxed unless a specific Hidden Power is needed

Charizard-Y should be easily handled by an invested Chansey, and since I'm on this subject the use of Toxic vs. Thunder Wave, Toxic is ran if you want the threatening residual damage Chansey uses to kill, or Thunder Wave is used in order to take the switch ins that commonly come in and paralyze it for something else to come in and kill it. Thunder Wave noticeably affects the following: Heatran and Gengar and also gets Bisharp, and Scizor, but it is more preferable for these to be burnt by Sableye.

And as for Gardevoir, I run some SpD on Skarmory in order to survive and 2HKO Gardevoir with a Iron Head.

Yea imo thunder wave is better suited on teams with faster/offensive presence pokemon that can take advantage of the speed boost to ohko before they can do anything...As I said earlier most of my pokemon are still slower after that speed drop in many situations, so that just leaves the hax of paralyze and it doesn't my playstyle to just hope the fully paralyzeds happen. A tactic which is crucial for me in taking down certain pokemon is making smart predicts on each move while they die to some form of status...preferably toxic. It is practically impossible for me to take down certain threats in the meta if the opponents pokemon is just "paralyzed", as me switching around achieves nothing, regardless if I've predicted the right sponge/switch every single time. The only downside to this is that steels and poisons get a free switch in if they predict toxic. Toss is very useful over the course of the match tho if they dont have some form of recovery move or lefties. Even tho this grants them a free switch...quag and mola handle almost every steel and fighting type, and amoongus handles gengar, chansey handles non magma storm/taunt heatran (but quag can beat it with EQ if not burned on switch in).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)