An older team in need of something new

Hi everyone. I know I post a lot of these here RMTs, but I want my teams to be good. This one was one of the first RU teams I made in 6th gen, and it has seen some ups and downs. It isn't a bad team, but I would like to see it improve, so any suggestions are welcome.

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Return

First is Braviary, aka the American Pokemon. Scarf Braviary is my typical lead for this team, used as more of a scout than anything else. I find myself clicking U-Turn or Brave Bird more than any other move, since U-Turn gives my team some momentum and Brave Bird hits like a truck. Braviary also functions well against Defoggers and Intimidate users thanks to the Defiant ability, which turns Braviary into your worst nightmare. I run Adamant with the Scarf to give it a bit more power. He can be a bit slower than other Scarfers, but I never found that to be too big of a deal, except maybe against Scarf Typhlosion.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Recover

I like the blue one of these better. Gastrodon is the Bulky Water of the team, and it fits the role pretty well. The EV spread and Bold nature even out its defenses, while Storm Drain can potentially give this thing a more offensive presence. Scald and Toxic are the status-spreading moves, despite Scald not having a perfect chance to burn. Earth Power gives him a secondary STAB move to work with, and Recover is the reliable HP recovery move, which is its main advantage over Water/Ground brethren Seismitoad (this team was made before Toad was in RU, and I stuck with the main idea when making changes).

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Glare
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

This is a rather interesting set for the RU favorite, but it gets the job done. Druddigon's main job is to set up the obligatory Stealth Rock and whittle the opponent down. Physically contacting foes generally don't like taking the combination of Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet for too long. Glare is a semi-reliable way to paralyze the foe and potentially force a switch, which generally goes well with Dragon Tail, which definitely forces a switch. Sucker Punch is there in case foes want to stay in against Druddigon and I know it will be a good idea.

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Hey look, I put Delphox on an RU team of mine without a suggestion! Delphox was added after Reuniclus was banned (to give you a real idea of how old this team is), and it fills basically the same roles but with less bulk and more speed. LO Delphox can hit pretty hard, especially in combination with Calm Mind boosting Special Attack. Flamethrower (because I'm an accuracy snob) and Psyshock are the STAB moves, while Grass Knot is there to deal with Water types not named Qwilfish, if need be.

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Togetic's role is rather simple: Defogger and cleric. Like Gastrodon, the EV spread and Bold nature even out the defenses, and the Eviolite boosts Togetic's defenses even further because Togekiss exists. Heal bell gets rid of status conditions that can potentially cripple my team, such as burns on Braviary, Druddigon, and Escavalier (who we'll see in a minute) or paralysis on Braviary and Delphox. Defog keeps hazards off the field, meaning Braviary and Delphox don't have to take 25% max HP damage when they switch in. Roost is there to heal his HP, and Dazzling Gleam because I wanted an offensive move, and Togetic doesn't get Air Slash.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

AV Escavalier is very powerful, so don't underestimate it. I see these four moves on most Escavalier, but they're really about as good as he's got to choose from (aside from like Swords Dance, but I would need to change items for that, and Escavalier is slow and struggles to find set up opportunities anyways). Megahorn and Iron Head are the STAB moves, and both destroy faces. Drill Run hits Fire types if need be, as well as Steel types, and to my surprise, Esca is the only one of the team that has Knock Off, whereas I usually have at least 2 Knock Off mons on the team, but I digress.

And there's my original 6th gen RU team. Again, I'd like to see them improve, especially with all the changes RU's gone through in the past few months. I'm open to suggestions, so leave them if you feel so inclined. Thanks.

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Return

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Recover

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Glare
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

CobalionCouncil

cc aka the Dutch guy
Yo Burnanator,

This is gonna be a bit of a different reaction, but it might be useful.
I wanna talk about some of the mons in the Tier that can be a pain in the.... for your team, because I really is a nice team. I just wanna show it to you, so you might handle a bit different when facing some of these mons.

- Mega Abomasnow can nuke a lot of your members. The moment when you lose your Delphox it can potentially run through your team. Your team has a bit of a Ice weakness and the only mons that aren't weak against Ice are either killed by a EQ (Delphox) or a Grass move (Gastrodon). Escavalier doesn't get hit super effectivly, but doesn't like taking chip damage in the form of Earthquakes. It'll be very important to keep Rocks of your side of the field, so that Delphox can come in and revenge kill it any time.

- Sharpedo, after a Speed boost and after chip damage on a few mons can clean up late game. Be aware of this. It might be key to keep Rocks of your side of the field, once again.

- Mega Glalie's nowadays run Freeze Dry a lot of the times, so 4 mons on your team REALLY don't like facing it. It's important to keep Delphox alive. It pretty important, once again (I'm feeling like a robot now xD) to keep Rocks of your side of the field. Escavalier doesn't mind taking some moves, but once again, EQ chip damage can be a bit annoying in the long run.

As you might have noticed, 2 things really stand out:
- Keep your Delphox on the team/alive, you really need it.
- Watch out for Stealth Rock, the chip damage can really cost you some games.

I don't have anything else to say except the fact that I really like the team. A tiny thing I do notice is that your Togetic has an even amount of HP, which isn't super chill for a mon weak to Rock, but it is a really small thing. Hope you have some good battles with it and that my advise helped you a bit :]

Coba out

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey nice team:

I suggest you change from Adament to Jolly Braivairy. Jolly let's you outspeed Scarf Jolly Tyrantrum which is pretty important and let's you revenge kill it with Superpower when weaken.

>

Blastoise over Gastro. Gastro offers little pressure and lives you acceptable more to Mega Abomasnow. Blastoise may be acceptable to Mega Aboma but can offer hazard removal not getting rid of your own and can run an offensive spread.

I really suggest you changing the spread to physical defensive your team gets threaten by Durant a lot Escavalier is really your only switch in and gets wilted down really easily. This spread on Drud can beat Durant and also can OHKO Mega Aboma with Fire Punch.

>

Virizion over togetic. If you choose to swap out Gastro you can replace Tic with Virizion which gives you a Sharkpedi check and can revenge kill Mega Glalie and Mega Aboma since Ice Shard doesn't kill.

also a slight move Set change for Escavalier replacing Knock Off with pursuit. Pursuit can trap Pokemon like Melo and Hoopa which your team only switch in is Escavalier so getting rid of them with Pursuit makes Escavalier job easier.

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Return

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Glare

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Drill Run

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey dude, just a few changes needed otherwise it's a pretty good team-
1- I think you should change grass knot to sub to make delphi a stable wincon, it also halps against predicted sucker punches. Also change psyshock to psychic as +2 psyshic has a chance OHKO alomomola . This set is blocked by houndoom but grass knot isn't gonna do shit to it anyways, Or you could try Focus miss over psyshock, but its on you.
2. Also blastoise over gastrodon is a excellent change for rapid spin.
3. And now that you have blastoise as your spinner, you can try aboma as your own mega as your team would appreciate some ice/grass coverage-

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer/Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

or the good'ol durant to counter opposing abomas even better

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Fang
Good luck :o)

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! The team's generally been looking better since I made some of these changes. Virizion, in particular, has been outstanding with this group. And yes, Blastoise does help out a lot, as everyone suggested. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)