Other Metagames Another Day

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion

Another Day✨
Hey guys! I'm here to RMT my favourite team that I have ever built so far , mainly built around in Mega slowbro. I truly feel that this is the my first team that is decently viable and with which I have achieved the most success with (I don't build a lot :blobuwu:). With that being said , I hope you enjoy!

This was originally built as a counter-team against Jho , who was my opponent for week-II in CAPTT4(Cap Team Tournament 4). The idea was to come up with something that had a good matchup against wall-breakers like Mega-medicham and Tornadus-therian , along with a decent matchup against volt-turn.

Teambuilding process

Started off with Mega-slowbro , as it is one of the few pokemon that can reliably switch into Mega-Medicham , which usually doesn't carry Thunder punch in this tier. Also liked the idea of keeping up momentum with regenerator and its ability to sponge hits from most physical attackers in this tier.

As Jumbao had just come out at the time , it was floating around in my thoughts. The idea of a bulky semistall with Jumbao serving as a cleric sounded swell , which prompted me to add it to this team. Furthermore , it serves as a reliable Grass and Electric compensating for Slowbro's weaknesses , thus forming a nice defensive core.

At this point I was looking for a nice Specially defensive sponge, with Slowbro serving the role of a physical sponge. However I was also looking for something that would be able to dish out decent damage in return , to make up the for the passive offensive nature of the first two pokemon, which lead to my third choice - Magearna. With a might fine Base special attack of 130 , it served as a nice hard hitting special attacker , able to take hard hitting
Psychic type attacks at the same time.

Now we move on the next segment - the infamous core. My team is really weak to Mega-Crucibelle at this point ,especially to the coil set which was prevalent at the time. Zygarde popped out as a solid answer to Mega-crucibelle due to its unique typing and great bulk. Continuing on the thoughts of physical attackers , Tomohawk appeared to be a nice defensive check to kartana , which could otherwise very easily sweep this team. Furthermore , it adds a nice ground resist which this team was previously lacking. Looking back at it - ZygMagTomo as I like to call it , is a core with no weaknesses uncovered :]

Lastly I opted for Heatran as the team's stealth rocker. It also served as a nice glue for the team , able to grasp momentum heavily in my favour if played right[with Toxic , Protect or Magma Storm ].

Fat forward to the current meta and with the recent Zygarde-suspect test In OU , Zygarde was sadly banned [ I still miss it ;-;].However this meant that Garchomp could fit into the team , providing it with more offensive presence. This also meant that Heatran could be changed to a stall-breaker , rather than a rocker.

In-Depth look:-

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald

- Slack Off
- Future Sight

- Toxic

Starting off with the beast himself , we have Mega-slowbro. It has enough evs to take two Thunder-punches from Mega-medicham from full[80-20 in my favour to live after Stealth rock damage]. Scald and slack off are a staple on every set so started with those. For the third move I opted for a very unconventional pick of Future sight. Since I wasn't aiming for it to be a Calm-Mind setup sweeper , the idea of shuffling around teams with future sight sounded really cool to me. Lastly I wanted toxic, since it helped out the team against bulky grasses like Tapu-bulu , Tangrowth, and Pyroak that like to come in on Slowbro [especially since my primary answer was only a heatran]

Jumbao @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Shore Up
- Wish
- Healing Wish

Next up we have Jumbao. Moonblast serves as stab, with shore up as healing. Wish does a tremendous amount of help to this team, able to heal up a weak Garchomp , Heatran and primarily my Magearna , thus allowing me to play much more offensively. For the last move I opted for Healing Wish over the standard Hidden-power Ground, or Grass stab - since it would allow me to play even more offensively [also would help in case of a pivotal pokemon that is statused on my part , having no other status remover]. For the evs , I went with max Special Defense as it can easily check many Special attackers - Krilowatt and Ash-Greninja being the primary ones.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Here we have an unconventional Magearna. It has an Assault-vest to further its capabilities to take hits and maximum Special attack to dish out as much damage in return. The lack of special defense evs does not adversely effect it much , while it really benefits with the special attack evs. Able to ohko many unsuspecting Tapu kokos , Tapu leles and offensive tornadus-therian , it does break holes which ease the pressure on the rest of the team by a wide margin. As discussed earlier - Jumbao's wish + Healing wish allow it to always be at a safe amount of hp and Volt switch allows it to sap momentum. Focus blast > Hidden Power fire is just a personal preference.
However the flaw with its lack of defensive evs is that you need to be vary Vs Psychic spam [ M-Alakazam and Tapu lele] which can otherwise really just sweep with proper support

rip zyg (Garchomp) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Next up we have Garchomp - serving as a Standard rocker. I opted for a Swords-Dance + Z set since its able to break holes in opposing common leads. With its z its able to break through opposing Hazard-removers like Zapdos , Tornadus-therian and Tomohawk [ at standard or +2 attack , depending upon the set] , which would otherwise easily get them off against the rest of my team which offers little offensive pressure. I opted for Dragonium > Rockium , since I wanted it to be able to sweep late game depending on the circumstances.

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
- Hurricane

We have standard tomohawk , serving as the teams hazard removal and primary Necturna answer. With priority Haze it is easily able to shut down many set-up sweepers some being Necturna , non z-fly Lando-T , and Belly drum Cawmodore [which would otherwise just be able to sweep with ease]. Rocky helmet can be opted over leftovers so that opposing pokemon cant U-turn for free.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Toxic

Lastly we have Heatran which really helps showcase Slowbro's future sight. Magma storm inspite of its 80% accuracy is really helpful to chipping down opposing mons like Lando-T , Tornadus-therian and the meta in general. Protect + toxic helps to shuffle around your opponents team [ to prevent residual damage from racking up]
Flash cannon can be opted over earth power to help Match-up vs opposing fairies. I would like to stress on how pivotal this mon is to this team , able to heavily cripple any mon that isn't prepared for it. Protect also helps in 50/50's vs a opposing choice-locked Lando-T , choiced Volkraken or opposing heatrans.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 180 HP / 104 Atk / 164 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance

The old star of the show - Zygarde. Really proud of this Chinese-ev spread I came up with [s/o emvee for the term :D]. Enough speed to hit 241 so that you can outspeed base 60's , Enough hp and special defense to take a hurricane from tomahawk and still be behind a sub and rest is dunked in attack. The idea was to late game sweep [ reliably get passed tomahawk who can otherwise just stop this set - well, most of the time L]. Furthermore the chance of hurricane missing is a thing while toxic damage racks up :]
Hoping it gets unbanned someday <3
Threat-List
Syclant is really dangerous , both the choice band and tail glow sets. To deal with tail glow you need to keep Magearna healthy , possibly keeping tomohawk alive[haze]. If not there's nothing much stopping this mon from 6-0'ing. For the choice band set , playing correctly between slowbro , tomahawk and heatran is key. Overall this mon forms a very potent threat if not handled correctly.

Volkraken also poses a similar threat , specifically the choice specs set which hits insanely hard. Slowbro is the only pokemon that can decently take hits from this thing , which it can U-turn with ease upon. Scarf sets are easily handled by slowbro , but figuring out the set is the hard part since garchomp can take out the specs set with ease. Versus this thing I recommend playing safe till the point you are sure about the item :]

+
Even with AV Mage , PsySpam is still a notable threat. Playing safely with mage + healing it up with jumbao or beating it with heatran is the only way you can deal with this core efficiently.

Conclusion
Overall im very happy with how this team has turned out , and the decent success that ive achieved with it. As discussed earlier it is a very structured team if I should say so , since it each team-member depends on every other [ heavily ] to perform its function to the fullest :]

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Toxic

Jumbao @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Shore Up
- Wish
- Healing Wish

rip zyg (Garchomp) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
- Hurricane

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Toxic

SHSP :- Starting off with the best :]. From motivational talks to 2am prep help , this man has it all. Im really thankful to what all you've done for me and for helping me
evolve as a player :) PERNICIOUS PAJANTOMS

taranteeeno :- For starting the Church of Pluffle and for just being teeeno :). Love you , stay the same :']

Sundar Prototypetrainer snake_rattler and rest of the pernicious pajantoms squad for the lively chat and great experience ! CAPTT5 is ours :)
Special s/o to Snake for helping me with images and formatting for this RMT , thanks a bunch :3

Excal :- Behold , the DPP Goat. From walrein hail to Ludicolo semistall to even Custap camerupt - this man has it all. Thanks for being someone to always talk to :)
You'll certainly be recognized for your skill soon enough :P
CZ. for helping me become good and for being cute :]
Ransei Lutra Sceptross Maya Chansey Rageeeee Kris @tjdaap and rest of roa gang for everything and for making roa the best room on ps :]
ROA PSPL 2019 :D

Drud for shittalking and being rude to me till I became decent at this game. God darn it I used to hate you soo much :P Thankfully you changed [ after I smashed him 6-0 multiple times btw ] so yee. Thanks for being a punching bag[jk i luv you]and someone to shittalk to :]

neomon for slaying drud in wcop LOL

Djokra who has quickly become one of my closest friends on this site :] Thanks for being you and a fellow shittalker , stay the same. Lets go win 1v1pl together now :)
[remember game 5 ;)]

DEG for being deg and for helping me In 1v1wc :].
Beware of the airstrikes , rof.

Baleblaze Kaif Quote WhalemanCheng and rest of asia gang for carrying the team and making it enjoyable :)

ryyjyywyy y for being my babe and for teaching me the power of claydol + stantler ;]

Wrath of Alakazam and Shyom for being building partners and p chill in general , thanks :D

Chickenpie2 for being cpoat and cute uwu. Stay same :)

Robb576 the beast himself. Theres no situation he cant make a meme about. Like seriously - a comma let me repeat A COMMA is enough to set this man off LOL.
thanks for drafting me and being the best manager in BLT :) Don't change a bit :PPP

Silverwhiteblue :- similar case , a box of crayons if I were to say. Come back :'(

Fille frisoeva Kreme Bedschibaer martha and rest of diancies for making the run a fun one :)
special s/o to Fille to helping out in every way he can and for being dependable af :)
lkapkd1 for being the best

RaJ.Shoot - Ty for being a bro , stay the same - someone I can 6-0 anytime of the day even with a half a brain

leo05051998 for being dubs goat and second best mod of tours room :)
bdov and Marination for being really bad
MGenius for being cute :)
DanDaMan99 AlvusWrath Elgino10 saba1111 and rest of gang for beating up RaJ.Shoot

againa for whipping up heat squads which you could never think of :P

whole of tours room for making everyday fun :3

Chaitanya for being the most ESTEEMED person youll ever see. Wcop memories are fresh my lad :3

dhaarma for being the most ESTEEMED sub
OminousDraco and Pradhaaan for being really good friends , Serene Grace Winterains parivard So Noisy wcop squad :D [2019 is ours :p]
[NINJAX WHy ]]

Decem Attribute for being the best at mono and for helpin w/ prep every time lol
dahli kythr for being lads and good at mono :3

special s/o goes to BLUNDER SANTANA CrashinBoomBang CTC for heatah fajitas , ctc's dramatic childhood never fails to get me LOL
also aim and Emvee for stealing an hour out of my day everyday ;] [ with their vids ofc ] being fans of you all :)

sorry for anyone ive missed :p
imma end it at :-
HAIL MIHAWK :3

Thanks for reading , have a nice day :3

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)