Another OU team by yours truly

Another OU team (I really should stop)

Howdy! I see we've met again. This, like most of my others, is an OU team built by myself! The starting point of this team was Reuniclus - a Pokemon I've loved for ages, and what I've built around it. So, let us begin!

Fetus In Goo (Reuniclus) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Reuni has always been a favorite Pokemon of mine. It's cool, can work a few roles (Trick Room team, anyone?) and it's got pretty decent bulk. With Magic Guard, it can absorb any statuses that it gets and take care of them for the team, so this guy's done some cool stuff all round. Psyshock is incase Blissey wants to ruin my day, Calm Mind is if I can get up some bulk I can (perhaps?) sweep, and Focus Blast is for Dark types. Recover is for..well, recovery. This gal's done me well.

Cool Salamence (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

Building this team, I realized I need a bit of a bulky attacker - something if Reuni comes in contact with a Special wall. So Dragonite was one of my first choices. I know, Salamance is obviously better, but this guy gets a bit more than Salamance in terms of Extreme Speed, and Multiscale. With Multiscale, Dragonite can take most of the hits thrown at it - even Ice and Fairy moves. While this only happens when it's at full health, it's still a good switch in to mostly anything. A +2 boosted crit Outrage flat out OHKO's a Calm 252 Def Shuckle. And that's a lot, considering how bulky Shuckle is. Fire Punch is for Ice Types or steels that threaten my Gardevoir.

Wishmaker (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spd
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Water Pulse

Speaking of, here's Jirachi - a favorite Pokemon of mine. While it may not be doing much, it's pretty good to take hits and it can dish out some nice damage. Flash Cannon can deal with most fairies that want to get rid of my Dragonite, and Water Pulse deals with Ground types that want to try and get all up in Metagross' grill. I'm considering replacing this thing, though, but I don't know if I should. Overall, I like Jirachi.

Don't Be (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

It should be a known FACT that when you run Dragonite, you need something to deal with hazards - especially Sticky Web. So Tentacruel seemed like the perfect choice. Not only can he deal with spinners, but he can dish out Toxic Spikes and possible burns, which is really nice to have around. Toxic is also a good thing to throw around, as it can shut down Pokemon that try to set up all over me, because they'll have limited times to attack. Tentacruel's done his job well over the times, and he's good backup.

i'm a boy :^) (Gardevoir) (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Every time I make a team, I like to experiment with Megas. And with this team, I figured - why not try out one of my favorites? With a SpA that's almost as high as Kyurem-W, Mega Gardevoir is a great special attacker and has a good moveset to back her up. I'm thinking running Hyper Voice > Moonblast, because I've heard Pixellate Hyper Voice does more. I was a bit unsure, though, so I kept Moonblast. Gardevoir has some great power on her side, and with Fairy typing now, she does her job pretty well. Calm Mind is good to get off if I can, Psyshock is STAB, Energy Ball deals with anything that it can hit, and Mooblast is obvious STAB.

Giant Enemy Crab (Metagross) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 HP / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Punch

I realized that outside of Jirachi and Tentacruel, I had no real bulky fairy-counter. Metagross fits this role perfectly - with power that makes pixies cry, he'll most likely be taking something out when he's around. He may not be the fastest, but he can sure try to, and Metagross has impressive bulk on it's side. Meteor Mash is a staple on this guy, Bullet Punch is like Mach Punch on Conkeldurr - you just need it, and Hammer Arm is a pretty decent move. Thunder Punch deals with anything it can hit, namely Flying types or some of the sort.

Overall, this team is a little messy. There are definately places to patch up, but I'd appreciate any critism that'll help. Much thanks!

Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-83524443

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)