Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We are ready to begin Round Thirty Eight of the tutoring program; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. We are here for you...so take advantage!

The first 16 people to indicate interest in placement in the next apprentice tournament will be given a place in the seventh official Battling 101 tournament, which will be commencing during Round Thirty Nine.

NEW! We now tutor the UU and Ubers tiers rather than just the OU tier. Please do not forget to indicate which tiers you would like to learn in order of preference, and we will accommodate you as best we can.

This round will last until March 21, 2009.

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level:
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Thirty Eight Match-Ups

Caelum - Greystache
maddog - Dan Dan
Elevator Music - cyberzero
Great Sage - iBojangles
Aeroblacktyl - thetorsoboy
chaos 9 - Bad Ass
Gouki - StarmanXL
Olie - Chickensandwichk
Legacy Raider - Jiovaine11
Beej - Hybrid99
august - adub_banded
Stathakis - RedScarface
TAY - Upsided0wn7
tennisace - soulbad
Articanus - Mordock
Bologo - The Urkman
Max - Zari
reachzero - Flashstorm1
LonelyNess - 13blue101
Seven Deadly Sins - Chris is Me
moi - darthwillis
Twist of Fate - XxBlueCleric.xX
MS - whistle
Astamatitos - HammerBroMario
darkie - Drunk Bidoof
Limitless - dachickens
Jimbo - supermarth64
Twash - Bon Jovi
Sapientia - Veedrock
Kevin Garrett - Geren
Calciphoce - Shur.tugal
DawnBringer - tripe
__

Best of luck!

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: thetorsoboy
Time zone: Mountain (GMT -7)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6pm-7pm, 10pm-12pm (Weekdays), and time in the Evening on Weekends (Probably 4pm-2am or so)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes. :D
Experience level: I participated in a past tutor program, but otherwise, not much experience. I really want to get into battling and get a firm footing, so I can do more by myself when this is over. Mainly I'm the worst at team building, and just experience of the metagame.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers (Mostly UU, but I'd also like to learn OU a decent amount as well, because that's what the majority of Smogon plays)
A little about myself: I'm thetorsoboy, or Sean. I've been on Smogon for about a year, and I've been active most of the time. (Except for a 2 month break or so) I'm really into breeding, and I'd really like to battle, but I need a good start to do so. (Since I'm just... lost.)
Tutor Request: Not DawnBringer or Stathakis, as I already had them for one session.

I'm into three things mainly, Gaming (Xbox and Pokemon mainly), Music (Playing Jazz), and my girlfriend. :D

And, I also have YIM, AIM, MSN, and Gmail chat, so if my tutor has one of those, we could use that, as well.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to chaos 9

Shoddy Battle Nick: Leaderboarder
Time Zone: EST (GMT whatever)
Regular Online Hours: 4 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. is when I am signed on; I may or may not be at the computer.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Obviously
Experience level: Quite a bit; I've peaked at 16th on the leaderboard, but find myself off more and more often.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers (almost a tie between OU and Ubers), UU
A little about myself: Despise the use of 'u' 'r' etc etc. Use the term 'erm' a lot. I'd rather not have ToF as a tutor, as a side note.

Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick: StarmanXL
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I can play Shoddy pretty much between 4:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M. Mon-Wed and randomly on Sunday. I can be reached via PM everyday, though.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: Been playing since D/P came out but I still suck.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I mostly play doubles, but since Netbattle's a buggy piece of crap I've decided to give singles another try. I can be quite whiny, as you can probably guess. Oh, and my computer freezes about every 30 seconds, so don't get annoyed if I don't respond for awhile in chat or something.

Also, if possible, it'd be really cool to have a tutor who's interested in 2v2 metagame.

Assigned to Olie

Shoddy Battle nick:
chickensandwichk / keasbey
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Monday: 6:30pm - 9pm
Tuesday: 6:30pm+
Wednesday: 8:30pm - 10:30pm
Thursday: 6:30pm+
Friday: 6:30pm - 9pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? YES!
Experience level: Some what good? I fluctuate in performance. I'm TERRIBLE at team building however I finally built my own team and I'm doing the best with it than with any other team I've played. I just recently started again so I'm still getting used to the Platinum meta.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): just OU but if there's time, Ubers. But I really want to focus on OU.
A little about myself: 17, senior in highschool, dancer, karate kid, pokemon, yugioh ... all of that yet I'm not asian. XD I'm a fun and funny person who likes to try anything but I guess you could call me a "closet nerd" lol

Thanks!

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Legacy Raider

Shoddy Battle nick: Jiovaine11/Starstorm98
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 3pm-6pm Weekends 3pm-8pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Average.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/Ubers/UU
A little about myself: I was here last time but I didn't get much accomplished so I'm back again. I play video games like Brawl, Mario Kart Wii etc, and I can learn pretty quickly. I've been spending a few days trying to come up with unique doubles combo, so I hope I can get help with that.

I'd like to request Legacy Raider as my tutor. He agreed to be my tutor and is usually on when I'm on.

Assigned to Beej

Shoddy Battle nick: Hybrid
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8-10 hrs a day.
Experience level: Average
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: Just an average 15 year old who loves rock music, certain hip hop, and sports. I play a little of the piano and the guitar.

I would like to request Beej, as my tutor if its OK.

Assigned to august

Shoddy Battle nicks: adub_banded, adub_testing
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I’m on pretty randomly between 4-9 on weekdays and all day weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Sure
Experience level: I’ve played pokemon for many years, but not competitively until this past summer. I’m not that good (maybe 7 out of 10), but I love to learn. My prediction is decent, but my teambuilding sucks. I’ve been on the leaderboard in all tiers at some point.
Teirs: OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I am an honor student with a 4 point, so I may not be able to get on all the time when homework catches up with me. I play on the soccer team. I listen to rock music and play the saxophone. I play video games a lot. I want to be an engineer when I grow up. I lurk around the forums a lot. That’s about it.
Any tutor will be fine. Thanks!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Assigned to Stathakis

Shoddy Battle nick: ReyScarface, ReyLatios
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Im on almost everyday, if im not on, that means im grounded, or with a lot of HW xD
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yep!
Experience level: I would say that im experienced, i have been playing pokemon competitively since october, but i have improved a lot!
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: Well im mexican :D An average teenager, i play soccer, i like videogames and hanging out with friends. Thats pretty much everything ._.

I would like to have Stathakis as a tutor, since he agreed he could tutor me beforehand and we are on always at the same time =)

Assigned to TAY

Shoddy Battle nick:Upside
Time zone:PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):10:00-12:00pm EST weekdays. Anytime on the weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament:Yep
Experience level:Moderate. Been playing since D/P release.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, would like to do a little Ubers work.
A little about myself:Been playing competitive since the D/P release. Recently came back from a 4 month hiatus. I've been in the apprentice program once and was paired with maddog, who, in my opinion, was an excellent teacher; however, real-life stuff came up, and I wasn't able to put in the effort I wanted to. Team building is my strong point; however, I tend to be more biased toward old-school stuff (I.E. Bulkydos and such). I need to generally learn to play better, as well as learn the metagame in more detail.

Assigend to tennisace

Shoddy Battle nick: Tainted, SaiX, soulbad, BattousaiX
Time zone: EST; GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 PM- 10 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level: I'd say around average. I can't ever seem to get on the Shoddy leaderboard. I really need help with team building
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber
A little about myself: I've been playing "competitively" ever since after the release of D/P in the U.S. Even after all this time I'm still not that great. I have trouble against stall teams, and I'd like some help with that.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Articanus

Shoddy Battle nick: Mordock, King k rool
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3PM-9PM
Experience level: moderate, i play well with strange and underused pokemon
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers, Ou

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: The Urkman
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-7:30 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: Medium
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU ,UU, Uber
A little about myself: I have been playing competitive pokemon for around a year now. I like to win at all costs. I love sports, especially football. I am in 8th grade and I usually get all A's ^_^. Last round I learned about UU and now I think it is time I refresh my OU skills.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: Zari
Time zone: Pacific Standard (GMT -8)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4:00 to 6:00 generally on weekdays (I usually get on later, but that time fluctuates every day), and weekends I'm free anytime.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No thanks
Experience level: I don't have much experience, since I'm new to competitive pokemon, although I've played all of the different versions. I generally have good prediction, but i suck at making teams, so I'd like to start there.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I've hung around Smogon for about a year, but only got membership a little while ago. Generally I'm into all kinds of music arts, mainly composing and playing in concerts on two instruments. I've played a lot of pokemon, and all kinds of strategy games, mainly Fire Emblem and Advance Wars.

Assigned to reachzero

Shoddy Battle nick: Flashstorm1
Time zone: GMT -6 (Central Standard Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 P.M.-11 P.M. (Weekdays) / 5 P.M. - 12 A.M. (Saturday)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: I have been recognized throughout several Pokémon communities, to be a generally good battler who can hold his own against some of the best battlers around. I first began playing competitively back on NetBattle when I was introduced to competitive battling thanks to FiveKRunner, PokemonBattleBrain, and Duckster to name a few people, and I have them to thank to where I've gotten today. A few achievements on my part include getting in the top 50 on the Smogon Leaderboard and having earned 2 badges on the Smogon Frontier so far. I've also been assigned as a tutor on NSider2 to help others learn about competitive battling. However, I've been getting a bit rusty as of late, so I'd like to learn more about how I can improve on my battling skills from the best of the best.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, Ubers, OU
A little about myself: I am an enthusiastic person who likes to start conversations with numerous people and mainly just likes to have a good time with friends, both in real life and online. I am currently a freshman in high school and have been getting very good grades so far. After completing this course, I'd enjoy spreading my knowledge to other users and encouraging more people to visit this program.

Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle Nick: .blue13
Time Zone: -5Gmt (Eastern standard)
Hours On: 3pm to about 5:30pm on weekdays; most of the day on weekends (eastern time)
Tournement decision: yes
Experience Level: Ehh, Id have to say about middle in skill. Predction is ok, Team Building still could be improved
Tiers: OU, UU (id like to get a UU team this round)
Personal Info: Ive been playing competitavely since D/P came out. If had a bit of trouble changing with Plat. inovations but Im getting there. I rarely ever use apostrophes when typing. I also have a thing for using some "under-valued" OU pokes. I dont try to make the OU leaderboard much since my luck will always mess me over.

Id like to have a tutor who has a better understanding of "balanced" teams than the other types please.

Assigned to darkie

Shoddy Battle nick: Drunk Bidoof
Time zone: GMT -7
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: I've played Platinum since a few weeks ago, and currently have a team that's been doing relatively well but I find there must be a lot of fixes waiting. I'm pretty much a slightly average player, so don't expect much from me. =/
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I've had at least a year of experience in D/P, and have recently swapped to offensive playing from stalling, which I insisted on using months ago. I'm quite energetic and do love to have conversations. My shoddy did break down once, yes, but now it's completely fixed. I do have Messenger, so that should help my tutor communicate with me a bit.

Assigned to moi

Shoddy Battle nick: darthwillis
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-4:30, 9-10 (PM)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes!
Experience level: Setbuilding, early-game and prediction are decent to good, teambuilding and late game are mediocre.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I'm involved in a lot of things, and I throw myself into them with high enthusiasm (Currently: Chess Team, School Play, 4 AP Classes, Pokèmon, Nerf). I get good grades, and try to do well in the things I attempt. Writing and music composition are probably my favorite things to do, as well as film making, and I'm hoping major in one of those when I go to college in a year and a half.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

Shoddy Battle nick: xXBlueClericXx, TestBC, XxBC.xX
Time Zone: Pacific (California)
Regular Online Hours (in Eastern): 9-10 PM on weekdays, most of the time on weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience Level: Average. I have yet to make Leaderboard :P
Tiers: OU, (Ubers if time permits)
A little about myself: I'm really smart and taking very hard courses AND like 6-7 Extra Curriculars so I have a tight schedule. I really want to make Leaderboard on Smogon Server though! AND this is my second round in tutoring.
Preferred Tutor: I've already had Great Sage in my first round, so I'd prefer somebody new this time if that's not too much to ask.

oh my god yes

Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle nick: whistle
Time zone: U.S. CST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9:00 PM - 3:00 AM EST weekdays, on/off weekends.
Experience level: downloaded shoddy mid-january 2009, no netbattle or anything like that previously
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: currently undergoing ridiculous amounts of senioritis, which I need to fix. I live in the Chicago area. I played OU for a day, started playing UU, then recently decided to start dabbling in OU again.

Assigned to Astamatitos

Shoddy Battle nick: HammerBroLuigi

Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):5 PM-10 PM(the week) and 1 PM-11 PM(Weekend)
Experience level:Im ok I guess, downloaded shoddy played some matches, know some of the basics.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber.
A little about myself: Hi, my name is David I live in Montreal,Quebec.
Im a person that you would get along very well, I would like to get better at pokemon and thats why I wana join this program.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Shoddy Battle nick: Chris
Time zone: CDT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 PM - 4 AM
Experience level: A fair amount, I can build good defensive teams with time and write up revamps regularly; I need work on my in battle skills.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU (UU Uber)
A little about myself: I have a bad attitude and could be banned at any moment.

Seriously, I'm Chris is me. In my spare time, I am a member of a robotics team (1714), and play Pokémon. I'm obsessive-compulsive and somewhat short tempered.

I would like to request Seven Deadly Sins as a tutor, he has agreed to teach me OU.

Assigned to Limitless

Shoddy Battle nick: dachickens
Time zone: PST -8
*These are all estimates
Weekdays: 7:00-8:00 pm; 10:00 pm-12:00 am; Fridays are best
Weekends: Not consistent
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? If there's still space, yes
Experience level: Not very much. Downloaded Shoddy around 2 months ago, keep getting ripped to shreds in Wi-fi battles
A little about myself:

I've played through every generation of Pokemon, but I've only discovered competitive battling recently. I have some free time on my hands, since school is a breeze, so I've decided to try my hand at competitive Pokemon! I'm currently in the process of IV-breeding some good stuff to trade in the Wi-fi forum. I make odd jokes that some people "lol" at and make others want to kill me for stupidity.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Jimbo

Shoddy Battle nick: supermarth64
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-11 PM on weekdays, 6-10 PM on weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Little experience
A little about myself: I play Shoddy for fun and I love to test out random teams. I'm Asian, which means that I pick stuff up quickly. I don't mind testing new things, and I've wanted to make an anti-meta team, but never got around to it.

Other than that, my friends and I agree that I basically spend my life in front of the computer.

Assigned to Twash

Shoddy battle nick:Bon jovi
TimeZone: EST
Regular online hours: weekdays 3-5 pm, weekends all day
Tourney:yes
Experience level: pretty good, 1405 on the ladder at one point.
Tiers: ubers, ou, uu
About me: well, I'm into sports
And I'm smart. I request anyone besides kevin garret because I already had him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)