Arceus-Ghost [QC 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

* Ghostium Z is a huge boost to Arceus as it can turn it into a ghost type and unlike spooky plate, Ghostium Z allows it to do instant 190 base stab attack with shadow force which allows Arceus to wallbreak even more and with either hazards or sword dance it can take on more threats than it usually does like physical defensive primal kyogre and with stealth rocks gets guranteed kills such as palkia and rayquaza

* It still holds the roll as a incrediable sword dance sweeper and with Ghostium Z makes it even better

* All base stats are 120 which makes it tank more hits than usual, great speed tier and nice atack power

* Great movepool from strong priority, coverage and strong stab

*Dark Types are becoming alot more common and troubles Arceus-Ghost quite badly such as Yveltal and Dark Arceus

* Arceus-Ghost also doesn't enjoy the addition of Zygarde-Complete as it can phaze it out with a simple dragon tail and tank its hits very easily luckily Arceus-Ghost can get past its 50% forme with ease but needs stealth rocks and sword dance just to take that out

[SET]
name: Sword Dance
move 1: Sword Dance
move 2: Shadow Force
move 3: Brick Break
move 4: Extreme Speed
item: Ghostium Z
ability: Multitype
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Sword Dance gives Arceus sweeping potential and gives it the ability to set upShadow Force is Arceus-Ghost's main attack as 120 base power and thanks to Ghostium Z shadow force can now do 190 base power move called Never Ending Nightmare and is now instant which is huge since it grabs so many more kills with stealth rock up and sword dance

* Brick Break allows for Arceus-Ghost to hit normal type and dark type pokemon such as Normal Arceus and Dark Arceus

* Extreme Speed gives Arceus-Ghost priority to handle very weakened threats at a low hp and to handle deoxys-a

* Shadow Claw is a decent option as it always provides momentum over shadow force though it very less powerful and the addition of Ghostium Z it makes shadow force a better option

Set Details
========

Maximum speed evs and attack with jolly nature so you can speed tie with other max speed arceus formes which includes Arceus-Normal also
Max speed also provides outspeeding other pokemon such as Mega Lucario and Lunala
Ghostium Z is the best item for Arceus-Ghost as it still turns Arceus into a Ghost while providing instant 190 base attack stab

Usage Tips
========

* Use it as a win con once pokemon like Arceus-Dark, Zygarde-Complete and Darkrai are eliminated as these pokemon I would consider most deadly to Arceus-Ghost as getting any of these 3 pokemon are a blessing

* Its good to set up on pokemon that arceus-ghost can tank a hit from pokemon such as choice banded Solgaleo and jolly choice band Rayquaza as these two even with stealth rock cannot and if there is no stealth rock on your side you can also set up on adamant choice band Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre and +1 Zekrom which it only has a 18.8% chance of knocking it out

* Z move should be used when you either when your have your hazards up or setted up a sword dance since Arceus can miss some cruical kills with hazards or sword dance
However there are situations where you need to use Z move early like faster threats such as mewtwo and shaymin-sky at even 2+ extreme speed only does 50% against mewtwo so be wary of that

* Never Ending Nightmare at 2+ and stealth rock layed can take out so many pokemon such as offensive varients of Yvetal, Primal Groudon and other formes of Arceus like Arceus-Dragon OHKOs these pokemon

* When playing teams against with Deoxys-Attack and Extreme Speed Killer Arceus, Arceus-Ghost does a great job of being a immunity to moves like Extreme Speed and Super Power so always keep in that in mind

* Finally Make sure you always stealth rock out and even spikes can help grab Arceus-Ghost kills even without set up Arceus-Ghost can miss some kills out even without rocks like Rayquaza, Standard Calm Mind Primal Kyogre so before you activate a Z move just check if you have hazards out

Team Options
========

* Fairy types are a execellent choice if you're using Arceus-Ghost most importantly Xerneas or Magnearna since both mons can handle dark types like Yvetal while also especially for Xerneas to handle Zygarde-Complete while Magearna handles Darkrai with being immune to Sludge Bomb

* Stealth Rock setters such as Primal Groudon or Dialga can help gives Arceus-Ghost more chance of sweeping especially at 2+ as without a stealh rock setter it can miss out such as fully defensive Zygarde-50% and Physical Defensive Primal Kyogre

* Pokemon who enjoy having pokemon like Lugia and Gratina-O removed are pokemon like Primal Groudon and Xerneas

* Yveltal makes a good partner as it can absorb ghost attacks from other pokemon like Mega Gengar while also dealing with Lunala and Mewtwo nicely

* Deoxys-Attack apperiactes Arceus-Ghost being a teammate to be a nice immune to moves like Extreme Speed from opposing Arceus

* Spikes users such as Greninja and Cloyster can help as laying spikes can help Arceus-Ghost more to take on more pokemon with only Z move which can be handy

* Mega Lucario can make a nice partner as it likes having pokemon like Girtina-O and Lugia removed and trades off being a secondary Fairy Check (mostly Xerneas) and helps add speed control to team

* Pokemon that handles Zygarde-Complete make great partners since Arceus-Ghost gets phazed out usually and only has a one time Z Move usage so pokemon that learn ice beam like Primal Kyogre make good choices or as previously mentioned Xerneas.

* Pheromosa makes a good partner with Arceus-Ghost as it apperiactes having hazards removed with rapid spin and Arceus-Ghost does not like having a defog user on its team which Arceus-Ghost appreciates having Rocks on the other side also Pheromosa apperiactes having pokemon like Deoxys-A removed which Arceus-Ghost can do very well at while Arceus-Ghost appireciates having Arceus-Dark removed as Pheromosa makes it a good check

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Spooky Plate can be used to always grab 1.2x extra Ghost Stab power however Ghostium Z is much superior option since it grabs instant 190 base power Never Ending Nightmare which grabs so much more KOs

* Arceus-Ghost can be a handy calm mind sweeper which can help break stall however Sword Dance outclassed it and calm mind get outclassed by other Arceus-Types and it had to relay on Focus Blast if it wants to hit Arceus-Normal

* It can use a Defog set but its outclassed by other Arceus-Formes such as Water

Checks and Counters
===================

* Arceus-Dark walls Arceus-Ghost nicely as well and usually finishes it with a Dark Judgement it has to be wary of Brick Break but its not a huge deal to Arceus-Dark

* Darkrai Is also a good answer to Arceus-Ghost as it can use hypnosis and either set up nasty plot or finish it off with a dark pulse though it only checks Darkai which also includes the 60% hypnosis accuracy which can lose some games

* Phazer Users such as Zygade-Comple and Primal Groudon can hurt Arceus-Ghost from either a simple Roar or a Dragon Tail can ruin its day however both must be wary when it sets up Zygarde needs to be complete forme just to counter it while Primal Groudon needs to very bulky on the physical defensive side

* Yvetal is a good answer to Arceus-Ghost as it eats up all of its attacks however if the Yveltal is a offensive variant it needs to be wary of a 2+ Never Ending Nightmare and a stealth rock already setted up but the defensive variants can take it on with ease, you can also you a choice scarf set which helps outspeed Arceus-Ghost

* Mega Gengar can make a nice check vs weakened Arceus-Ghost while it can't counter Arceus it still makes a nice check

* Toxapex can haze Arceus-Ghost as it can haze it while its under the use of Shadow Force however it must watch out for 2+ Never Ending Nightmare so be careful

* Toxic Users such as Arceus-Water can cripple Arceus-Ghost easily since it relies on Shadow Force to attack its opponents but like its other checks and counters they must be wary of a 2+ Never Ending Nightmare

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This skeleton is very bare, and the content that is there is trivial or taken point by point from the ORAS analysis. There is almost no talk about how this Pokemon functions in the SM Ubers tier, except for Dark-types are scary (obvious), and that it checks Lunala (it doesn't). Ghostium Z isn't mentioned anywhere, and that's like the best new thing SM gave it.

Sections that are bare in particular are set details, usage tips, and the overview. I am also skeptical as to if Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost is currently viable, and it would be nice if there were some better examples of teams where it's justified. If not, then it shouldn't be getting a set.

The amount of work it will take from QC to get this analysis to where it needs to be is just not worthwhile. I'm all for new users participating in the C&C part of this site, but it's not our job to handhold analysis writers who don't really know what they're talking about. It makes more sense to let someone who understands this Pokemon better to provide their unique and informative take on it.

QC Rejected: 1/3

Will try and remove the calm mind analysis and revamp some of stuff in the sword dance set analysis especially on Ghostium Z and everything else you said from usage tips and overview and thanks for the response

Edited a lot of stuff from giving Ghostium Z a lot of mention and why it is useful, took down the calm mind set and added it to other options, added more stuff to usage stats, set details and overview and finally I mentioned Zygarde-Complete a lot more unlike my previous which I did not even mentioned it, added more options for team options like ice beam pokemon and spikes users, edited the checks and counters list and finally removed saying arceus-ghost as a check to lunala

Hopefully this is a vast improvement to the first time me writing up a analysis and I think I'm ready for a 2nd check

Minority's check was a QC rejection, which isn't the same thing as an approval. After 3 QC rejections the analysis is reassigned to someone else. The improvements are a start but when stuff like Yveltal is very susceptible to a +2 Never Ending Nightmare I don't think it should be the first answer in the Checks and Counters section.

I'll discuss the skeleton's details with other QC before deciding if this can be accepted but in the meantime you should be focusing on buffing out the usage tips section.

Thanks for feedback will be getting back to work on the analysis again and mostly on the usage tips section

beefed up the usage stats area and edited a lot of things, Edited the Counters and Checks List on Yvetal moving down places and moved up the Phazer User list up above Yveltal and as a added bonus also included Pheromosa as Team Options so hopefully that will help with the skeleton

while waiting for this to be accepted or not I re worked on the counters and checks list by adding toxic users and toxapex onto the list, removed chansey and blissey from the list and re worded on how yveltal is a counter to arceus-ghost

Not QC but a few things.

You should not really even consider Spooky Plate on SD Ghostceus, since the Z-Shadowforce is literally the biggest benefit of this thing, due to circumventing deciding between a weak 1t move or a strong 2t move. Now you can just take Shadowforce and use the Z when immidiate power is required.

When mentioning a Pokemon as a singluar excellent partner, you should empathize on it more or provide more poins why then simply Rapid Spin. A few Mons provide that, you should provide reasons for Pheomosa (possibly due to checking Darkceus) or add a Rapid Spin category.

Why are you mentioning something you think of as bad in OO (Thunder on CM). If you want to keep it, mention targets for Thunder or any use. If you can not provide that, you should cut it.

I would rephrase Yveltal to answer rather than counter. This is due to 1. just can bop it after rocks, 2. you will always have to be careful about a scarfset, popular these days.

Edited the post on everything you said, moved spooky plate to OO and de slashed shadow claw though I still keep it for a description in the moves section however I think it should be moved to OO but I'll wait on what QC has to say

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The amount of work it will take from QC to get this analysis to where it needs to be is just not worthwhile. I'm all for new users participating in the C&C part of this site, but it's not our job to handhold analysis writers who don't really know what they're talking about. It makes more sense to let someone who understands this Pokemon better to provide their unique and informative take on it.
I know its been awhile and you've tried to fix it, but after pondering this analysis for a bit I have concluded that it's just still not there and I think Minority's initial complaints still hold. The writing quality is just not very good overall and is confusing to read, Usage Tips is still flawed, C&C still isn't in the right format...the amount of effort it would require on the part of both QC and GP to get this up to snuff is not worth it.

Sorry dude. :[

QC Rejected 2/3

I agree with the above QCers, but this is our bad for not addressing this ahead of time and make the learning experience a quick one - apologies.

QC Rejected 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)