Name:
Arceus-Ghost
Type: Ghost
Abilities: Multitype
Base Stats: 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120
Movepool: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/arceus-ghost/moves
Stats and movepool unconfirmed

General Description:
Ghost Arceus, namely SD variants, got a lot better with the change to Steel-type allowing the use of Shadow Force with much less risk than before. Calm Mind Ghost Arceus can also run mono variants more effectively, as well, although the rise of Ho-Oh in the Defog metagame makes it more dangerous to use those variants. Defog also makes support Ghost Arceus a new trick to try out. However, being weak to mega Gengar certainly doesn't do this Arceus forme any favors. On the bright side, Ghost types now escape trapping like Gengar's Shadow Tag!

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Arceus-Ghost can actually switch out of Mega Gengar due to the new Ghost-trapping mechanics. The main thing I see here is that Yveltal is going to be a great (and much-needed) check to this, as it's one of the few good Dark-types in Ubers. Ghosty does like the Steel nerf though and shouldn't be running Shadow Claw as much as it has before.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still considering running Shadow Claw on SD Ghost Arceus (along side Shadow Force of course). It probably isn't as needed as before, but I'm just paranoid that people will find ways to take advantage of it with Normal Arceus lol

I'm still considering running Shadow Claw on SD Ghost Arceus (along side Shadow Force of course). It probably isn't as needed as before, but I'm just paranoid that people will find ways to take advantage of it with Normal Arceus lol
Well Substitute Ho-Oh is probably the main reason not to use Shadow Force.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well Substitute Ho-Oh is probably the main reason not to use Shadow Force.
Oh yeah, Substitute screws up Shadow Force pretty hard. Yeah, I'm never using SD Ghostceus without Shadow Claw now!

On a side note, I'm also considering trying out some sort of Shadow Force Arceus that lacks Swords Dance. Maybe one with Defog? Not sure, haven't really thought of much beyond "Shadow Force is really strong" yet!

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Oh yeah, Substitute screws up Shadow Force pretty hard. Yeah, I'm never using SD Ghostceus without Shadow Claw now!

On a side note, I'm also considering trying out some sort of Shadow Force Arceus that lacks Swords Dance. Maybe one with Defog? Not sure, haven't really thought of much beyond "Shadow Force is really strong" yet!
Defog Arceus-Ghost doesn't sound like a terrible idea, it notably doesn't get trapped by Mega Gengar and has a nice STAB to work with.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I actually haven't seen a lot of Arc-Ghost due to its other types (Fairy, Rock, Normal, Grass) being used in addition to Yveltal/Ho-Oh being on a lot of teams.

That said support Ghostceus is still great, it can donk Yveltal with Wisp and is a Defogger that does not fear Mega Gengar. It still soft checks most physical attackers while beating EKiller and M2X pretty nicely. Wisp accuracy buff makes it much more reliable and Steel nerf means it can toss Judgments around a bit more freely.

I've yet to try SD Arc-Ghost but it seems like it could be pretty strong.

How's SD Arceus-ghost?
Most Arceus I see are all support or defensive variants with grass, fairy, water, etc typings.
Is SD Arceus-Ghost top tier? Is it any good at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)