Ardy's Pokemon Gaia Drunklocke!

Hello everyone! Im Ardy, and I have to wake up for work in 7 hours so of course Im going to start this playthrough now. If you missed it here is my playthrough of Pokemon Blazed Glazed. Im pretty excited to get into this playthrough, so lets jump right into it!

The Game:
Pokemon Gaia is a rom hack of Firered that is absolutely my favorite hack of all time. I have played through this game so many times, from solo runs to nuzlockes to just regular gameplays, and I have loved it every single time. Seriously, this game, above any other hack I've played, feels like something Gamefreak would make. It has an improved roster of pokemon, many quality of life improvements, updated movesets and ability lists, mega evolution(in a gen 3 game!), the Fairy Type, and an absolutely AMAZING original story. It has been a while since I last played this, since I've been waiting for the postgame v4 update to release, but since my playthrough of Blazed Glazed ended abruptly, I think its time for me to revisit one of my favorites.

This is again, not a nuzlocke. Instead, armed with a lot of vodka and no assignments, I am going to be doing a challenge of my own:
Introducing,

The Drunklocke:
1) Battle Style = Set
2) Pokemon faints = 1 shot
3) Pokemon levels up into a multiple of 5 = 1 shot
4) Pokemon evolves = 3 shots
5) Rival Battle = 2 shots
6) Gym Leader Battle = 1 shot
7) Pokemon learns new move = 1 shot

I keep playing until I cannot anymore.
Note that I will only be drinking during the write up, not while playing the actual game, because I only have so much vodka and a bitch is broke, guys.
Also please feel free to suggest new rules for me, I plan on getting blackout drunk during this atleast once.
Lastly, this does not come into play this update, cuz I cut off just as I recieved my starter. But next update...

Anyways, without further ado, let us begin what is surely not going to be a terrible decision in the long run of things.

gaia-v3.2_02.png

YOU LIE!
gaia-v3.2_03.png

Alright, lets get this started. As you can tell from the title screen, Regigigas is the legendary for this game.
gaia-v3.2_04.png
gaia-v3.2_05.png
gaia-v3.2_06.png

Heres our regional professor, Redwood! Atleast he isnt a recolored version of a previous professor... cough cough Professor Willow cough cough
gaia-v3.2_07.png

An archaeologist professor is a fucking kickass job title. Im jealous.
gaia-v3.2_09.png

TERRY is chosen over Terry because I miss being a kid, guys. You have to do chores without getting paid in college.
gaia-v3.2_10.png

Rushing through the rest of the intro and here we are! A quite conventional start to the game, truth be told.
gaia-v3.2_11.png

Theres a potion in the PC, as per usual.
gaia-v3.2_12.png

However, as per unusual, reading from the book next to your computer gives you this prompt. If you choose yes..
gaia-v3.2_13.png

Ominous O.O
gaia-v3.2_14.png

Taking a look at the town map shows us the Orbtus region. Its a fairly well designed map, I suppose.
gaia-v3.2_15.png

Our mother takes an actual interest in us this game.
gaia-v3.2_16.png

Why didnt they just send an email? I mean I have a computer.
gaia-v3.2_18.png

Totally not ominous at all.
gaia-v3.2_21.png

Our mother gives 0 fucks about us going off to meet strangers by ritualistic tomes. I mean, if I was a mother in the Pokemon world I'd probably be the same.
gaia-v3.2_24.png

Also before we leave we get these, which are nice this early.
gaia-v3.2_25.png

We cant go further left of the town than this
gaia-v3.2_26.png

Fuckin nerd
gaia-v3.2_28.png

2 potions before we get a Pokemon is p nice. Really though, this game loves giving out items, its awesome.
gaia-v3.2_30.png

We cant go further right than this.
Since theres not much dicking around to be done, lets just suck it up and go to the ruins.
gaia-v3.2_31.png

Stranger danger?
gaia-v3.2_32.png
gaia-v3.2_33.png

I swear to God I've seen this in an episode of Hannibal.
gaia-v3.2_34.png
gaia-v3.2_35.png

Lore dump
gaia-v3.2_36.png
gaia-v3.2_37.png
gaia-v3.2_38.png
gaia-v3.2_41.png

Picking no makes her angry and she takes the book anyways, so I just went with Yes.
gaia-v3.2_42.png
gaia-v3.2_43.png

She takes the book and disappears.
gaia-v3.2_44.png
gaia-v3.2_45.png

Whats stranger is that I didnt get murdered
gaia-v3.2_46.png
gaia-v3.2_47.png

YES.
gaia-v3.2_48.png
gaia-v3.2_49.png

Dont have to tell me twice.
Anyways we head to the library to get a starter.
gaia-v3.2_51.png
gaia-v3.2_52.png

You would, wouldnt you?
gaia-v3.2_53.png
gaia-v3.2_54.png

Fuckin A on the sprite btw, so much better to see a Professor that has an original sprite.
gaia-v3.2_55.png
gaia-v3.2_56.png
gaia-v3.2_57.png
gaia-v3.2_58.png
gaia-v3.2_59.png

After asking for help, the third person leaves. Its pretty funny, actually, wasnt expecting that my first playthrough.
gaia-v3.2_60.png
gaia-v3.2_61.png
gaia-v3.2_62.png

Its the gen 4 starters, so Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup.
At this point I put the laptop away and seriously thought about the choice for a while.
Infernape is one of my all time favorite Pokemon, but Orbtus actually has a pretty great choice of Fire Type pokemon, and the last time I played through, Chandelure served me WELL. I was planning on picking it up this round as well, as a Fire/Ghost is INSANELY good, but I dont want to type-stack. I havent actually ever played through Gaia with Infernape, now that I think of it.
Turtwig is fucking shit. Sorry.
Piplup is really cool, and would be great for this challenge in that its strong enough to prove useful throughout the game, but it makes grinding and shit really hard in the mid game, which would mean more fainting and more shots. However, there are also a lot of great choices for Water Type Pokemon, and as a steel type Empoleon is kinda meh.

I legit thought about this for about 20 minutes, then flipped a coin between Chimchar and Piplup.
gaia-v3.2_65.png
gaia-v3.2_66.png

It was tails.
Jolly nature is great for Chimchar, atleast! Lets see how this goes.
gaia-v3.2_68.png
gaia-v3.2_67.png
gaia-v3.2_69.png

The professor leaves, but not before telling us to meet up with him in the next town.
gaia-v3.2_70.png
gaia-v3.2_71.png
gaia-v3.2_72.png

With that, our rival introduces himself to us. I rather like our rival in this game.
gaia-v3.2_73.png

After the guy I was crushing on when I played Gaia for the first time. Its a traditional Gaia rival name for me.
gaia-v3.2_74.png
gaia-v3.2_75.png

Aaaand Im gonna cut off the first update there. Dont worry! We'll get a LOT more done in the second update.

If you have any suggestions for drunklocke rules, let me know!

Also as a side note, does anyone know a good save editor for Gaia? Ive tried YAPE, PGE, Gen 3 Suite and A-Save and none of them are working, and I really want to see which Pokemon got altered movepools and evolutions.

Anyways, see you all next time, where I hopefully wont blackout!

Attachments

King Feraligatr I feel you should know the last time I got drunk I was chased by angry geese at 3am while my friend took a video of me because I wanted a picture of the city skyline from near a river and they took offense to that.

1590967346341.png

My coworker gave me this bottle as a thank you gift for covering his shift. I drank half of it last week before the aforementioned goose incident, and saved half of it for this. Its pretty nice, lower alcohol content than Im used to in vodka but the vodka I usually drink reminds me of the cough medicine my mother made me drink as a child so this is probably a decent enough trade off. And I guess 35% isnt terrible.
Also just so you guys know I am a lightweight as fuck

Just as a reminder...
The Drunklocke:
1) Battle Style = Set
2) Pokemon faints = 1 shot
3) Pokemon levels up into a multiple of 5 = 1 shot
4) Pokemon evolves = 3 shots
5) Rival Battle = 2 shots
6) Gym Leader Battle = 1 shot
7) Pokemon learns new move = 1 shot
8) Catch a new Pokemon = 1 shot

gaia-v3.2_79.png

F this little kids Weedle
Hey guys! Last time we left off when I got my starter from Professor Redwood, this time lets actually play and get some stuff DONE, so I can DRINK, and text my EX.
gaia-v3.2_76.png

This guy who stopped us from going left wont stop us anymore, which means we can proceed.
gaia-v3.2_77.png

It leads us to Celanto Path. For a route 1, this is actually pretty decent. You can obviously get your HM slave here, but theres a couple pretty solid Pokemon you can get here as well. You can pick up a Huge Power Bunnelby, which has lasted me the entire game in previous playthroughs, and Tailow, which has lasted me until I got Starly in my Piplup playthroughs as a grass killer. It has Budew too, if you want Roserade. I might want a Roserade, but I am not putting in the work of evolving a fuckin Budew before that. I wish I had caught a Budew from here before moving on, though, cause I just checked the documentation and this is the only place in the game to find any of Roserades evolutionary line. This game has a lot of that, iirc.
gaia-v3.2_78.png

We dont pick up anything, just go straight to Archan Town.
gaia-v3.2_79.png
gaia-v3.2_80.png
gaia-v3.2_81.png
gaia-v3.2_82.png

Theres a cave in Archan Town, but you cant go in because this kid is blocking it. Hey, dumbass, how can we find your weedle if you wont let us in the cave?????
gaia-v3.2_83.png

Anyways Redwoods home.
gaia-v3.2_84.png
gaia-v3.2_85.png
gaia-v3.2_86.png

Thats fuckin rude
gaia-v3.2_87.png

Oh nvm
gaia-v3.2_88.png
gaia-v3.2_90.png

Nice!
gaia-v3.2_91.png

This feels like an extra step that wasnt necessary.
gaia-v3.2_92.png
gaia-v3.2_93.png
gaia-v3.2_94.png
gaia-v3.2_95.png

Nice to get the Town Map without needing to look for one. I dont think I ever found the Town Map in my Blazed Glazed playthrough, though I may be misremembering it.
gaia-v3.2_96.png
gaia-v3.2_97.png
gaia-v3.2_98.png

Its pretty sad thinking of this old archaeologist sitting in his room alone making cards, muttering "Im legitimate, I swear"
gaia-v3.2_99.png
gaia-v3.2_100.png
gaia-v3.2_101.png

This game LOVES to give you free items so we get Potions with the Poke Balls.
gaia-v3.2_102.png

*theme tune* Product Placement!
gaia-v3.2_109.png

Thats one way of putting it
gaia-v3.2_110.png

I really love the rival character in gaia and I swear its not just because of unrequited love
gaia-v3.2_111.png

BRING IT ON
gaia-v3.2_112.png

Or bring it on in 10 mins I guess?
Lets grind a bit first
gaia-v3.2_116.png

FINALLY I CAN TAKE A SHOT ITS BEEN LIKE 10 MINS OF TYPING WITHOUT A SINGLE SHOT
Shot Counter: 1
Oh thats some nice vodka
Anyways
Theres some grass below Archan Town, and it has really good encounters! You can get Lotad, Marill, Glameo, Purloin, Pidgey and Buneary!
Marill and Lotad obviously have type overlap so I only wanted to get one of them, and Marill was chosen because Huge Power is so fucking good in the early game
A note on Buneary: You can mega evolve Lopunny in this, so its not a bad idea to pick up a Buneary here. However, the Lopunnite is found VERY late in the game, and it means giving up on using the best ingame Pokemon in gaia, who I will cover when I pick him up in a future update.
gaia-v3.2_117.png

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS
Shot Counter: 2
gaia-v3.2_118.png

SO LETS TAKE SOME SHOTS DO A BEER RUN AND FLIP OFF A COP (x2 cuz it also got to level 5)
Shot Counter: 4
Btw I named Marill cupcake because of a rly nice water monotype team I had in gen 6 which had pastry themed nicknames
Okay Im feeling it guys.
gaia-v3.2_119.png

Cupcake got poisoned which means you cant eat it anymore. There is fire in my belly. This is bad because cupcake only has 8 HP. Thats 21 steps without dying. If I dont make it to the Pokemon Center within 21 steps, I have to take another shot, and I rly wanna minimize my shot taking cuz theres a rival battle coming up in a bit
gaia-v3.2_120.png

Luckily we make it with 1 HP to spare
gaia-v3.2_122.png

Not worth the extra shot Id have to take
gaia-v3.2_03.png

Also not worth the extra shot, but better to get it over with now than in some later update
I mean
DO A LITTLE DAY DRINKING LITTLE BIT OF LOVE MAKING WHOLE LOTTA WORLD SHAKING THEN WE'LL DO IT AGAIN DO IT AGAIN
Shot Counter: 5
Guys I am
very fuckin
drunk right now
Also happy early pride month to all my gays reading this
gaia-v3.2_06.png

I get cupcake and ullull up to level 7 each and decide to take on Quinn. Maybe I shouldnt have named my rival after an old crush because when youre drunk that brings up confusing emotions. Maybe this run wasnt such a good idea afterall. Afterall. What a weird word. Tangent, but how weird are all the "after" words? Afterall. Afterwards. Afterearth. Who came up with those?
Anyways the reason I stopped at level 7 was because I didnt wanna have to take 3 extra shots (chimmy learns Taunt) in such a short amount of time. I think maybe I should space out these shots more. Maybe play and upload at the same time next time I do this? That way Ill be taking the shots in real time and not all at once. My fingers feel weird. I miss my ex.
gaia-v3.2_08.png

SO LETS GET A PARTY GOING LETS GET A PARTY GOING WHEN ITS TIME TO PARTY WE WILL ALWAYS PARTY HARD
Shot counter: 7
gaia-v3.2_09.png

Marill do the tackle x 3 and win. Guys Im afraid of standing up after this is over but also i need to smoke a cigarette because thats what i do when im drunk help me
gaia-v3.2_10.png

That was not worth this whole ordeal
gaia-v3.2_11.png

I cant believe I lost you, Quinn. I should have been more open. I should have talked to you. What could have been, what should have been.
gaia-v3.2_12.png

I wish I still saw you, Quinn.
gaia-v3.2_13.png

FUckien leta get this ufking update over with
gaia-v3.2_14.png

Too drun to make a penis joke
gaia-v3.2_18.png

Why does a fuckin 5 year old have jndepth knosclwege of authority identification
gaia-v3.2_19.png
gaia-v3.2_21.png

Fuck ou, kid
gaia-v3.2_22.png

Fine ill find ur stupid penis
gaia-v3.2_23.png
gaia-v3.2_24.png
gaia-v3.2_25.png

Sober me found this funny. Drunk me wonders if this isnt why guys dont date us.
gaia-v3.2_26.png

Guys I';ve always wondered about these springs in Pokemon agames. Are they just dried up remanent s of water? Why is the color different from the water in the lake below? what is the fucking truth someone tell me or i will scream
gaia-v3.2_27.png

U rly gotta check the rocks. I think this one just proposed ot me.
gaia-v3.2_28.png

Georg
gaia-v3.2_29.png

Pedo
gaia-v3.2_30.png

didnt get the SS at the right time, but there are earthquakes happening in the cave
gaia-v3.2_31.png

peeeenis alert
gaia-v3.2_32.png

Oh fuck its the cops run
gaia-v3.2_33.png
gaia-v3.2_34.png

Maybe I am indeed
gaia-v3.2_35.png

Your sprite reminds me of the asshole lady from harry potter 5. I hate u because u made me think of that terrible franchise.
gaia-v3.2_36.png

ahhahaha ur son lost his weedle
gaia-v3.2_37.png
gaia-v3.2_38.png

maam i am just doing my duty
gaia-v3.2_40.png

Im like, really fycing drunk right now, so orange juice would help
gaia-v3.2_42.png

last time I was drnk y ex sent me a nude on snap and I still preferred that to this gift
gaia-v3.2_43.png

i dont fuck u
gaia-v3.2_44.png
gaia-v3.2_45.png

now i feel bad for being mean to u
i love u creepy harry potter lady
goddammit thought of it twice this isnt a nice drunkenness
gaia-v3.2_46.png

not to be horny on main but this sprite has always beenn very hot to me
gaia-v3.2_47.png

DRUGS!
gaia-v3.2_48.png

oh my god I made it to the end of the update
oh my holy shit i wasnt sure if i was gonna make it
im gonna hug my roommates when they get home
IM GOING TO LIVE!!!!

Shot Counter: 7
All time high: 7

anyways guys i am drunk enough to strip on the subway tonight so i will most lkielky be staying in. fun fact i did once see a guy strp on the subway but he was pasty white and skinny as all hell so i ust switched trains. also fun fact i once sexted on a crowded subway and noone even found out.

I think im gonna go get cigarettes before i pass out

See u guys next week holy fucking shit
THi was a short update ucz sober me knows how uch drunk me can handle. i love that btch so muhc,..

I wiill probalu be updating every sunday cuz that my off day and also the day my roommate has work so i can drink without being judged. also next time ill probabky do real time updating. cuz this didnt work very well. Holy fuck Im gonan die,
King Feraligatr u might be ontoo someth8ing

bye all see u next week

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)