Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is ambipom. When I did some calculations myself it came out way to high and I was hoping that some of the experts here could help out.

I just started playing Shoddy and I made a team, but on the Smogon server there is no OU ladder only standard. I don't want to worry about BL/UU threats I keep facing in standard, so how do I only get OU battles?

I just started playing Shoddy and I made a team, but on the Smogon server there is no OU ladder only standard. I don't want to worry about BL/UU threats I keep facing in standard, so how do I only get OU battles?
As far as I know, there is no way to do that. If you really want to, you can create your own server banning every pokemon except OU's.

As far as I know, there is no way to do that. If you really want to, you can create your own server banning every pokemon except OU's.
ok, thanks
@cyberzero: i keep seeing espeon, charizard, aka non OU pokemon in standard. The leaderboard has an OU leaderboard: is that standard?

Also, what is considered a High rating on Shoddy Standard?

ok, thanks
@cyberzero: i keep seeing espeon, charizard, aka non OU pokemon in standard. The leaderboard has an OU leaderboard: is that standard?

Also, what is considered a High rating on Shoddy Standard?
Dude, you can use UU's in OU >.>

1500-1700+ is considered to be "high".

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I heard from multiple sources that illegal move-sets would be allowed in ShoddyBattle 2. Can this be confirmed, and if so, how stern on this ruling will you be? I can imagine a multitude of people would complain.

I heard from multiple sources that illegal move-sets would be allowed in ShoddyBattle 2. Can this be confirmed, and if so, how stern on this ruling will you be? I can imagine a multitude of people would complain.
I'm 99% sure they are, but Colin or Bearzly will have to confirm when they release Shoddy Battle 2. They did that to implement correct game mechanics. There is a japanese ditto glitch where you can have any combination of egg moves. I'm pretty sure that it still won't let you have things like Wish Aromatherapy Blissey though, but I may be wrong. There may be an option to turn off illegal combinations in Shoddy2, but we'll just have to wait.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
If you allow trades from Japanese DP, then certain move combinations are possible that are not possible without allowing trades from Japanese DS. I intend for it to be possible to allow trades from Japanese DP in Shoddy Battle 2.

I'm unable to get on to any server since it shows 0/(Server's Maximum users allowed). Can some help me ? My Java was recently updated, so I don't think that's the problem.

EDIT: And used I tried refreshing it.

Thanks. My last question, I swear: How fast does my score decrease if i don't play? And what exactly is rage quitting?
To the first question, you can find the answer in the ladder section of ShoddyBattle.com.You may be able to work it out, but it basically just decreases you rating, which can possibly lower your CRE.

The second doesn't really relate to Shoddy Battle, but whatever. It's usually when someone asked to get banned (or just quit) because they're mad at something relating to Smogon. It's probably because of hax, stupid users, or something else like that.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I couldn't think of anywhere else: what are the #2 and #3 most frequently used pokes in the OU shoddy server? I know scizor is #1 but I was thinking about doing some research...

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I couldn't think of anywhere else: what are the #2 and #3 most frequently used pokes in the OU shoddy server? I know scizor is #1 but I was thinking about doing some research...
You'll find the usage stats in this thread here.
To answer your question more directly, Salamence and Heatran are #2 and #3 respectively.

When I save my team, it isn't saving the nicknames of the pokemon (which is a real problem for me, because the team names are probably better and more creative than the team itself). Any help for getting Shoddy to actually save the nicknames?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When I save my team, it isn't saving the nicknames of the pokemon (which is a real problem for me, because the team names are probably better and more creative than the team itself). Any help for getting Shoddy to actually save the nicknames?
Your names are probably too long.

I've been asking on IRC, on Shoddy itself, and I'm getting no response.

On the laptop version of Shoddy, it works well. On my PC, it doesn't. Everytime my opponent switches their Pokemon, or any sort of change happens, the sprite glitches. For example, I lead with Seviper, and they switch their Chansey to a Poliwrath or something, instead of seeing Poliwrath like I should, I see the back sprite to Seviper. They change again, and then the sprite becomes a mixture of the new Pokemon and Seviper's tail.

The only way to fix this during the battle is to resize the window a bit. Resizing the window after every move is aggravating obviously, so if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, by all means help me out.

(I've tried re-downloading, uninstalling and re-installing as well as upgrading my Java.)

How do you get spaces into the logs?
When I clicked the Save Log button, I saved it as a .txt file and a .log file, but when opening the files with Notepad, there are no line breaks. The words of the battle are there, just no spaces between anything. Thanks

How do you get spaces into the logs?
When I clicked the Save Log button, I saved it as a .txt file and a .log file, but when opening the files with Notepad, there are no line breaks. The words of the battle are there, just no spaces between anything. Thanks
Opening the .txt file with WordPad should work just fine, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)