Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to question your answer, which I am very great full for,

Quoted right from the dex.

However, in UU where Heracross is absent, Pinsir is a very effective sweeper.

Why would it say that if he is BL?

Not to question your answer, which I am very great full for,

Quoted right from the dex.

However, in UU where Heracross is absent, Pinsir is a very effective sweeper.

Why would it say that if he is BL?
Because Pinsir is BL according to the Smogon tiering system.
The SD set is deadly btw.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pinsir used to be UU, but he was moved up to BL when Steelix was moved down to UU. That's why it says that in the dex.

Didnt get a response, but would this be effective??:

Breloom - Brave
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Swords Dance/Spore

for a Trick Room team, or does it need Thunder Punch?

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Didnt get a response, but would this be effective??:

Breloom - Brave
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Swords Dance/Spore

for a Trick Room team, or does it need Thunder Punch?
Do you want, to be status immune and getting healed, or do you want T-Punch? Well as you said you want T-Punch for Skarm, but he can hit you to hard whit any flying attack. You won't really stay in against Skarm, I would say this set is good.

I need help on an EV spread.

I have a Quiet nature Kyogre, which will be suited for an uber team that leads with Trick Room. I gotta EV train it as soon as possible. Looking at the analysis, there is no segment for this kind of Kyogre, but two spreads stood out. Which would you pick?????????? Need multiple opinions on this one!!

1) 252 HP/ 252 sp. attack/ 4 sp. defense: The substitute/calm mind set had this spread, and speed is irrelivent. Therefore, the 4 EV's goes to sp. def.

2) 80 HP / 252 sp. att./ 176 Sp. defense: The choice band set with the Brave nature has this spread, so it allows it to tank a bit specifically in sp. defense.

Pick one and please explain why you like it more than the other.

I need help on an EV spread.

I have a Quiet nature Kyogre, which will be suited for an uber team that leads with Trick Room. I gotta EV train it as soon as possible. Looking at the analysis, there is no segment for this kind of Kyogre, but two spreads stood out. Which would you pick?????????? Need multiple opinions on this one!!

1) 252 HP/ 252 sp. attack/ 4 sp. defense: The substitute/calm mind set had this spread, and speed is irrelivent. Therefore, the 4 EV's goes to sp. def.

2) 80 HP / 252 sp. att./ 176 Sp. defense: The choice band set with the Brave nature has this spread, so it allows it to tank a bit specifically in sp. defense.

Pick one and please explain why you like it more than the other.
Well, in my experience,I've never used a Trick Room Kyogre, since base 90 speed is actually quite high. But,the first set looks to have more advantage imo. 252 HP gives it 404HP, enough to take 4 STes from Blissey, (And it's sub lives 1 ST) so A Sub CM set is quite appropriate. The rest of it is standard stuff, but regardless, I choose #1.

Well, in my experience,I've never used a Trick Room Kyogre, since base 90 speed is actually quite high. But,the first set looks to have more advantage imo. 252 HP gives it 404HP, enough to take 4 STes from Blissey, (And it's sub lives 1 ST) so A Sub CM set is quite appropriate. The rest of it is standard stuff, but regardless, I choose #1.

The reason that a trick-room kyogre could be excellent is because in comparison to the other ubers, it's actually tied for the slowest (with the exception of Wobuffett), and it is actually slower than the 70 base speed pokemon, such as Metagross and Skarmory. With trick-room, it will outspeed all of them.

I didn't realize that Kyogre can get the 404 HP mark. That is sweet! However, that would apply only to Shoddy battles, because I have one that I'm going to EV train, and it's HP IV's are 27, not the magical 31. So I guess I will go with choice #2.

I probably know the answer to this, but I'll ask it anyway. I know there are a plethora of flawless Pokemon out there, but is it even possible for the same person (on the same game) to have 5 Pokemon with 31 in all six stats?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I probably know the answer to this, but I'll ask it anyway. I know there are a plethora of flawless Pokemon out there, but is it even possible for the same person (on the same game) to have 5 Pokemon with 31 in all six stats?
Yes, most likely if they're a breeder or a hacker.

Yes, most likely if they're a breeder or a hacker.
To add to that statement, it is possible if the pokemon has been bred but very unlikely that the same person has bred 6 completely flawless pokemon because the probability is very slim even with perfect parents.
If they are caught pokemon like legends it is even less likely because of how the game is programmed. It isn't even possible to get perfect IVs with every nature.

After looking through my battle video again, I saw that four of the five Pokemon were 'bred' in the span of four days. Impossible to get all 31s. Besides, one of the five is an Azelf.

I don't understand what these wondercard things are. What are they?
"Wondercard" is just a fancy name for data that is sent to your game outside of normal gameplay. If you go to an event and they're distributing a Pokémon you will receive a wondercard with that Pokémon on it. When you load your save and play the game normally you'll be able to collect whatever is on the wondercard from a special NPC in any Pokémart. Afterward the empty wondercard will remain for sentimental value until you delete it to make room for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)