Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How can a Smeargle Sketch Explosion?
You need a pokemon with explosion as its only move, and a Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed with Damp and Hypnosis.

Have your exploder in the lead, and find a Ditto. After it uses transform, switch to your Poli, and Explosion will fail. Use Hypnosis, switch to Smeargle and use Sketch.

Couldn't you just find a wild Pokemon that uses Explosion? Send out Poli*, timewaste until the wild Poke uses Explosion, Hypnosis, switch to Smeargle, Sketch. Victory Road and Stark Mountain are full of Gravelers of the right level, while Ditto are kind of rare, so unless the wild Pokemon AI avoids exploding on a Damp Pokemon, it's surely the better method?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ditto aren't *that* hard to find, and i fi nd the AI rarely explodes unless it has to. But yes it is another option, thanks.

That's all? Medicham not only got the elemental Punches (Fighting+Ice is so good even Mewtwo is notorious for abusing it!), but also Psycho Cut to take advantage of Psychic STAB, what I was missing in Advance...

haunter

Banned deucer.
Other than that, it has only average speed and, at best, mediocre defences, which make it extremely easy to revenge kill both in OU and UU.

Is it normal for the Factory head to use fully legendaries on the 21st battle? I thought his team was random. He just used a team of Cressilia, Latias and Regice and naturally thrashed me due to the fact I was not expecting it.

Is Psychic really a bad type this generation? I don't mean in Ubers, but OU or even down to UU/NU...Also, would Nasty Plot/Lovely Kiss/Ice Beam or Blizzard/Psychic Jynx be a good idea?

Well offensively Psychic hits two types SE - Fighting and Poison. Poison isn't that common, and the most common fighting type in OU is Luke, which is hit neutrally.

Defensively you're weak to Ghost, which is quite common; Dark, which means being weak to Pursuit, and Bug, which is less common but there is U-turn around a fair bit.

But I think the problem is more with the Pokemon than the moves. Defensive frailties and poor coverage on a lot of them.

About Jynx, Psychic+Ice isn't great for coverage. You might be better off forgetting the sleep move: it will force a switch to let you Nasty Plot, but given the switch will be to a counter the boost may get wasted. Thunderbolt over Lovely Kiss will get you the unresisted coverage while still retaining dual STAB. Walled by Blissey of course, but that's an issue any special attacker faces. Being weak to Scizor's Bullet Punch is probably a bigger issue.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Yes, psychic is quite a bad type in this generation, especially in OU. Tyranitar and Scizor are everywhere and steel types dominate this metagame due to their resistance to dragon attacks. Psychic is a poor type both defensively and offensively.

Jynx can't TB...
My idea was to use Jynx with Magnezone and Abomasnow, forcing even most Ice resists to fall to NPed STAB Blizzards in late game...I originally thought about Focus Blast, but it's just too shaky when compared to STAB Psychic...
Say, how does the Ice-type do in the current metagame?

If a Pokemon with Lum Berry and Synchronize is hit with status, does the opponent still get the status when Lum Berry takes effect?

im not sure if this is the thread for this but i need help with a poke.

i would like to know (based on you guys opinions lol) what is a good EV spread for a *Lickilikcy* with the moveset:

>wish
>knock off
>bodyslam
>explosion
the general idea for this poke is support and any suggestions will help. thanks!!
Oh and please explain if you can...

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
im not sure if this is the thread for this but i need help with a poke.

i would like to know (based on you guys opinions lol) what is a good EV spread for a *Lickilikcy* with the moveset:

>wish
>knock off
>bodyslam
>explosion
the general idea for this poke is support and any suggestions will help. thanks!!
Oh and please explain if you can...
252 HP / 184 Atk / 72 Def.

Ironically, that exact moveset is in Lickilicky's analysis.

Two more:

Does anybody know what Reversal's base power is at 25% health?

Also, I don't think this is illegal after looking at the moveset lists but just to make sure....is Substitute and Endeavor illegal or not?

Two more:

Also, I don't think this is illegal after looking at the moveset lists but just to make sure....is Substitute and Endeavor illegal or not?

80 base power for Reversal

And no substitute and endeavor are not illegal

Two more:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/reversal
Power is 80.

Substitute+Endeavor is allowed, for example, Mamoswine can run a set with Substitute+Endeavor.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mamoswine

Now my question: What is the minimum deviation to get on the leaderboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)