Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone do this equation and see what answer you get, I've gotten the answer 60 both times I've solved it.

(((45+0) x 2+0) x 5/100) +15

Thanks.
I get the following:
(((45+0) x 2+0) x 5/100) +15
=((45 x 2) x 5/100) +15
=(90 x 5/100) +15
=(9 x 5/10) +15
=(9 x 1/2) +15
=4,5 +15 = 19,5

Not sure what this is about tho :S

Now my question:

I was playing SoulSilver in my R4, first in Japanese, then applied patches to play it (partly) in english. So, I got a Ditto named "Ditto", but everything seems to confirm that its' japanese (due to the game, I guess). Would it work with a traded english- language Charmeleon to Masuda-method a shiny Charmander?

It is 60.

And Champloo, the Gamestop Pichu isn't available any more but either way, everything is set for it when you download it except for the IVs so I guess you could but it will always have the same Nature and whatnot
I know the event is over but I haven't picked him up from the guy in the PokeMart yet. I know the Nature is always Jolly but the IVs vary from the soft resetting I've been doing. But then it hit me, "RNG!".

But I wasn't sure if that was possible but I don't see why not. So I wanted to get someone with more experience in RNG to see if it was possible.

Anyone else have an opinion on whether it's possible or not. A more definitive answer?

I know the event is over but I haven't picked him up from the guy in the PokeMart yet. I know the Nature is always Jolly but the IVs vary from the soft resetting I've been doing. But then it hit me, "RNG!".

But I wasn't sure if that was possible but I don't see why not. So I wanted to get someone with more experience in RNG to see if it was possible.

Anyone else have an opinion on whether it's possible or not. A more definitive answer?
Yeah, maybe Indigo or someone can help you because I'm no RNG expert but it seems as if you could, but it might cause some troubles with the whole picking your Pichu up at the Pokémart as opposed to catching it in the wild or what have you. Sorry I don't know more on the subject

Shelcario! (I'm trying not to post too many times on one page, and trying to make sure you see this edit.) Maybe if you tell us what all the numbers mean, we can tell you what rounds and what doesn't

Man, I really suck at math:( Anyway I used a graphic calculator and got 19.5, then I changed the value of 45+0 to 45+1 and came up with the answer 19.6, in pokemon if a calculated stat comes up like this is it rounded up or down?

Edit: It's for the calculated stats formula for G/S/C and this particular calculation was for the HP stat.

Man, I really suck at math:( Anyway I used a graphic calculator and got 19.5, then I changed the value of of 45+0 to 45+1 and came up with the answer 19.6, in pokemon if a calculated stat comes up like this is it rounded up or down?
Depends on what this formula is suppsoed to do... If it's to find IVs at levels lower than 100, then my guess is as good as yours- you're better off looking if there's any documentation for those cases. I know for a fact that the game always rounds down (as in, your EVd pokemon is leveled down for battle Tower, it drops the stat down when it has to round, or the damage done, if it has decimals, it rounds it down). Not sure if this formula is something applied inside of the game, in which case I'd say round it down.

@ Shelcario and calculations: It's 19.5, you must have changed the /100 to /10 somehow. All calculations for Pokemon are always rounded down.

You can RNG abuse Wondercard Pokemon but you can only control their IVs (which is all you need to do because the nature is fixed). Here's the articles about RNG.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part5

2 sleep clause questions:

1. Lets say I put starmie asleep. It switches out. am I free to put somethign else asleep or would it be breaking sleep clause? it has natural cure, but am I allowed to "assume" it awoke when switching out or do i have to see it awake first?

2. Lets say I spore say azelf. It switches out. Later in the match, opponent switches in venusaur and I counter with umbreon. Venusaur sleep powders on the switch, hits umbreon, puts itself to sleep due to synchronize. Did I just break sleep clause?? or no becuase he did it himself?

haunter

Banned deucer.
1) if you play on Wifi it's better that you make sure that your opponent's Starmie has natural cure, otherwise you'll break the clause. If it has natural cure, then yes, you can just use your sleep inducing move on the switch out without any fear.

2) synchronize doesn't pass the sleep status.

1. Lets say I put starmie asleep. It switches out. am I free to put somethign else asleep or would it be breaking sleep clause? it has natural cure, but am I allowed to "assume" it awoke when switching out or do i have to see it awake first?
If it has Natural Cure, you don't break sleep clause. If, however, it has Illuminate, and you put something else to sleep, then you lose - though you should ask your opponent to bring Starmie back in to prove it was still asleep (or if battling in person just check it on their screen).
A similar situation arises if Heal Bell is used when the team has switched-out sleeping Pokemon which have Soundproof as one of their two abilities.

This actually brings another question about Sleep Clause - would losing due to it in such a circumstance be considered attempted cheating? Were you to for example violate Evasion Clause, or bring an Uber into what you agreed was an OU match, most people would not only say that you lose, but also that you're a cheat. Were you to Spore the opposing lead and immediately Spore the switch-in, many people would call that cheating too. But if you sleep a second enemy Pokemon when the first one may or may not be awake, depending on their ability, is that cheating or just taking a huge gamble?

Uh, I'm kind of new in warstories and I just wrote my first one. I was about to post it but it doesn't work. Do I have to post it to a moderator or something? I'm logged and all... what do I do?

What would be a good lead that can set up SR,counter some of the common leads and work well with Scizor,Salamence,Latias,Lucario and Suicune?

What would be a good lead that can set up SR,counter some of the common leads and work well with Scizor,Salamence,Latias,Lucario and Suicune?
I would say Metagross. He can set up SR and counter most of the common leads and works great with Salamence (type resistance speaking).

If it has Natural Cure, you don't break sleep clause. If, however, it has Illuminate, and you put something else to sleep, then you lose - though you should ask your opponent to bring Starmie back in to prove it was still asleep (or if battling in person just check it on their screen).
A similar situation arises if Heal Bell is used when the team has switched-out sleeping Pokemon which have Soundproof as one of their two abilities.
On Wi-Fi, can't you look at the touch screen and see how many of the opponents Pokemon are statused/fainted and from that determine if it's still asleep or not? I know it works in regular battles but I haven't played over Wi-Fi.

Does Sandstorm raise Defense and Special Defense of a Rock type Pokémon or just Special Defense? How much is the increase of the stat? Does the increase also apply to Ground and Steel type Pokémon? Does Hail, Sunny Day, or Rain Dance increase any Ice, Fire, or Water type Pokémon stats respectively?

Edit - That seems kind of random but okay thanks Lumin

Does Sandstorm raise Defense and Special Defense of a Rock type Pokémon or just Special Defense? How much is the increase of the stat? Does the increase also apply to Ground and Steel type Pokémon? Does Hail, Sunny Day, or Rain Dance increase any Ice, Fire, or Water type Pokémon stats respectively?
Sandstorm only boosts Sp Def of ROCK types by 1.5X. Other wheathers don't affect pokemon's stats.

Ok im trying to make a team for the VGC and i need to find a way to prevent darkvoid from screwing over my team. So im trying to find all the different ways to prevent sleep. This is what ive got so far

Items:
Chesto Beryy
Lum Berry

Moves:
Uproar

Abilities:
Insomnia

Can some one add to this list or suggest a good way to prevent sleep, thanxs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)