Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but, and a big but(t).

if you are gonna use hippo then you gotta make sure the team dont hate sandstorm, use 1 or 2 pokemons that like sandstorm will help in stalling.

also make sure hippo is not doing something other pokemons cant, if he is there only to set SR in field and being a physical wall then you might consider gliscor on his place.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reposting due to new page.
Guys I'm having trouble getting Suicune in my HG:

- I've seen it at Burned Tower
- I've seen it at Cianwood
- I've seen it at Route 42
- I've seen it at Vermillion
- I've seen it at Route 14
- I've beaten Misty
- I have 15 badges.

Am I doing something wrong because it isn't appearing!

I did that. It isn't there.
I remember having this problem and swore that I would remeber the solution. I think you have to get 16 badges first. If it's not that, then you possibly need to beat the E4 round 2. No guide really says what else would be needed.

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Cipher Admin Lovrina said:
Can Mismagius function as a perish-phazer and spinblocker in OU?
Mismagius really doesn't have the physical bulk to pull it off; the only perish-phazer that I see being any use would be Celebi. As for a spinblocker, the usual Rotom appliance could be used, but that, in addition to Celebi, give you a Pursuit weakness; maybe you could use Spiritomb instead.

Does the Box Trick work in HGSS?
I finished EV training my Heatran, and I wanted to see the EVs come alive, so I put it in the box, and brang it out, no change to the stats

How exactly do you do the box trick?
NOTE: My Heatran was lv70 when I finished EV training (original level)

Is there a pokemon (or two) that handles Rotom-A, Zapdos, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Bronzong, Forretress, Swampert and Heatran well? It's a long list, but these are counters/checks to Metagross and I'm having difficulty trying to beat them all.

Tyranitar can deal with some of them, and if it didn't have 4MS/1Item Syndrome it could beat all of them, but a las, that is not the case. So far the only things I'm rather certain I'd like to use are LeadAerodactyl and Dual Screening Jirachi.

What makes a better team in UU right now, offense, stall or balance? Also if it is offense, what pokes have good syenergy with each other?

I've read that the Wi-Fi Jirachi WonderCard has a different OT/ID than the Gamestop one from a few months back. Does the game consider it to be a totally different WonderCard, meaning that I can download it onto a game that has already received the Gamestop one?

EDIT: Apparently the answer to my question is "no" :(

here's a question to any higher up, is thier only going to be "one" voting process for the Salamance test going on? or will thier be constant "restesting" after the fact?

I kinda hope for the former cause it pains me to see how much people argue over that dragon's fate, july 1st couldn't get here any quicker.

Hello everyone and uhhh I've almost finished my platinum cart here , I had actually restarted it after getting into competitive a bit because I wanted to get all the pr0 legendaries with the correct natures and yes I did mass-catch some abras and currently the legendary pokes I have right now are....

Azelf-Naive(Lead Purposes)
Uxie-Impish(Dual Screen)
Mesprit-Didnt catch him yet still no Timid Abra
Rotom-Modest(Choice Scarf set)
Articuno-?
Dialga-?
Palkia-?
Giratina-?(Yes i KO'd him in Distortion world but I do believe I can refight him as Normal Forme in Turnback cave)
Zapdos-?
Moltres-?

So yeah basically the only abras I dont have yet are Timid/Adamant , but I guess that doesnt really matter because I'll get them really soon.So as for the pokemon with the -? next to their names I really dont know what natures to catch them with....I know each nature or set serves a purpose , but you might as well just tell me the most common one.

Another thing is Im going to transfer all my abras and legendaries after Im done with this part to my HG Cart , so I was thinking what other pokemon are worth catching with syncronize in Pt then transfering them to HG for later wi-fi purposes.

So far I only know that Gible and Bagon are some of the ones that are worth it , Larvitar can be gotten in HG itself...

So please state me those as well with the most common nature used along with its purpose.

Thanks in advance!
?? Plz answer.

I have a question concerning the rng abuse for legends. I've read the article on smogon but I'm not sure if I do the things right.
I've used the 4th generation time finder capture to get a seed for a flawless Dialga.
I got:
Seed 03010273
Frame 5923
PID F9426F72

Then I clicked on "Generate More Times" and one of the times I got is:
Date 2010 01 01
Time 01:02:00
Delay 617
Coin Flips For Seed H H H H T H H T T H

This is the point I don't know exactly what to do. Do I have to save in front of Dialga, turn the DS off, change the date on 2010 01 01 and the time on 01:02:00, start the game, check my delay with the coin flips and after that start to increase the frame? :S

I have a question concerning the rng abuse for legends. I've read the article on smogon but I'm not sure if I do the things right.
I've used the 4th generation time finder capture to get a seed for a flawless Dialga.
I got:
Seed 03010273
Frame 5923
PID F9426F72

Date 2010 01 01
Delay 617

This is the point I don't know exactly what to do. Do I have to save in front of Dialga, turn the DS off, change the date on 2010 01 01 and the time on 01:02:00, start the game, check my delay with the coin flips and after that start to increase the frame? :S
Yes but you have to set the clock to a minute earlier so that you can press A on the continue screen at exactly 1:02:00 down to the second and still hit the delay.

My question can anybody suggest a mixed Jirachi set using Draco meteor as given out at an event? I was thinking Lonely nature and then three physical moves. Not sure about anything else.

I got:
Seed 03010273
Frame 5923
PID F9426F72

Date 2010 01 01
Delay 617

Almost right. You have to press "Continue" at 01:02:00 exactly by the DS's in-game clock. As a result, you probably want to set the DS's clock to 01:01:00 so you can press "Continue" a minute later. The hard part is soft-resetting at the exact instant necessary to get both the delay of 617, and the time of 01:02:00, simultaneously; IIRC there are programs around to help you to get the timing exactly right (but even so, human reactions aren't generally good enough to hit the 1/30 second timing you need reliably, so it generally takes many tries until you hit the right delay by chance). Then as you said, you use the coin-flips to check what delay and second you actually hit (use the "adjacent checker" in RNG Reporter's "seed to time"); if you got it right, you advance the frame, if you got it wrong, you try again, adjusting the timings accordingly.

Can you use Giratina-O over Wi-Fi between HG and SS? I know it works over local wireless, but I think I remember that it said somewhere that he doesn't work over Wi-Fi. Just wanted to make sure...

Can you use Giratina-O over Wi-Fi between HG and SS? I know it works over local wireless, but I think I remember that it said somewhere that he doesn't work over Wi-Fi. Just wanted to make sure...
The griseous orb returns to your bag when you enter Wi-fi with Giratina O so it can't be used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)