Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Swampert really isn't good as a special tank. But if you want to, Sassy is the better nature because it increases Special Defense.

If a female Charizard with Fire Punch and a Male Charizard with Fire Punch produce an egg, will the hatched Charmander have Fire Punch? That is, can move tutor/event moves be passed down if both parents know them?

If one of your Pokemon is dual-type, do they only get 1.25 stab on attacks for each type?

This could be answered with the damage formulas (which I'm looking for but can't currently find). What's the minimum attack to OHKO a:
404 HP, 350 DEF Pokemon with a 4x super effective move at 75 base power?
420 HP, 267 DEF Pokemon with a 2x super effective move at 120 base power and stab?

If a female Charizard with Fire Punch and a Male Charizard with Fire Punch produce an egg, will the hatched Charmander have Fire Punch? That is, can move tutor/event moves be passed down if both parents know them?
No.

If one of your Pokemon is dual-type, do they only get 1.25 stab on attacks for each type?
They get normal STAB for each type.

I'm going to start breeding Hasty HP Ice Gastlys in emerald, and I was wondering if I should use two parents that are x/31/x/31/x/31,
or x/x/x/31/31/31. one gives a better chance of having a decent attack, the other of getting a better chance of HP Ice.

Btw, the moveset would be a counter one:
HP/shadowball/counter/explosion.

I probably know the answer to this question, but I'm too afraid to make a mistake.

I'm trying to soft-reset for Dialga (yeah, I know...); do I bother keeping this one?

Nature: Bashful (I hope I can do better than that...)
IVs: 15-17/18-19/31/22-23/24-25/25-26 (Not too shabby if not for the HP...)

It's been 30 minutes since you asked this, but don't keep it.
Well, I didn't reset until you posted that. The IVs are the best I've been able to get all night. I've only been able to get one Timid, one Careful, and one Modest, and they've all had crap IVs.

Oh well. Gotta keep plugging away at it...

Is hacking a event to start it(like aurora ticket in emerald)considered hacking or no?
I think its considered semi-legit. I did it for Darkrai, ARceus, Shaymin, and Manaphy, but I ddin't hack the pokemon themselves, so they aren't really hacked, but involved hacking, so semi legit.

Ok, thats complicated, so just say its semi legit and get it over with.

Time for a newb post!!!

Do tutor moves like siesmic toss or draco meteor get passed on through breeding? All the sites ive been to have all kinds of bullcrap about it (Right, charizard can pass blastburn on, but the baby doesnt learn it till level 58...) I would never use blast burn though, im not that big a noob...

Time for a newb post!!!

Do tutor moves like siesmic toss or draco meteor get passed on through breeding? All the sites ive been to have all kinds of bullcrap about it (Right, charizard can pass blastburn on, but the baby doesnt learn it till level 58...) I would never use blast burn though, im not that big a noob...
No, sorry. Same reason seismic toss blisseys and fire punch marowaks are worth more than normal.

I have no experience myself, but I've heard you can do it by using Sketch when they're asleep and try to use Explosion.

I need an answer from someone who goes on the trading board often.. If I get a good IV'd pokemon from someone, and breed my own egg from that and one of my dittos, will the person be pissed at me/ blacklist me or anything?.. Can I redistribute that egg?

I need an answer from someone who goes on the trading board often.. If I get a good IV'd pokemon from someone, and breed my own egg from that and one of my dittos, will the person be pissed at me/ blacklist me or anything?.. Can I redistribute that egg?
Since you bred it, they won't (or shouldn't) get pissed off. You can't get blacklisted for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)