Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I breeding a mixed Standard B/W Tyranitar:
Tyranitar@Chople Berry
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-Pursuit
Sassy(+Sp.D -Spe)
Sandstream

I can control 2-3 maybe 3 IV's at being 31. Which should the 2 be and the possible the 3rd?

Also, my EV spread. I'm basing this Tyranitar off a guy a got permission to use off of. He uses the EV Spread: 160hp/72atk/96spa/182spd. He says, "Tyranitar is EVd so that he can be a sturdy tank, but strong enough to attack." However he uses Brave nature.

Smogon suggests Sassy nature, which I am using since I already caught a Sassy one. Their EV Spread recommendation is 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD.

I don't know which IV's to control or which EV spread to choose. I'm guessing the guy had messed up IV's or something. But, I am going to go for 27-30 in all IV's and 31 in at least 2 or 3 IV's.

Also, lets not forget the other question. Which 2 IV's should I control at 31, and possible a third at 31?

My plan as of currently:

IV Priority: HP> Sp.D > Sp.A > Attack > Speed >=Defense
Controlling 31 IV's in: HP, SP.D, and Sp.A
Nature: Sassy (Smogons Choice)

However, so far I have cracked about 13 eggs and have gotten 3 31 IV Pokemon but they are Sp. ATk, Sp. Def, and HP, however, waiting longer for the others is not an issue.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

There are a difference in moves. Instead of Ice Beam, I have Superpower (Smogon showed it as Ice Beam/Superpower). Also, instead of Crunch--I have Pursuit. Also, hes the lead.

This is simple, I would say. It's just longed out, if you will (is that a word? wtf?)

Don't know a lot about Tyranitar so I can't help Hazey much but I got a quickie of my own.

Let's say I want a Nasty Plot & Roost Togekiss. (in gen.V!)

Can I get that from a female Togekiss and a male Honchkrow that has Nasty Plot & Roost?

I'm asking since Roost is no longer a TM and I'm not sure if it can pass down; can anyone confirm if it does?

I wasn't really that into 4th gen, so I would like to ask, when if ever does the server update (or restart) once suspect rounds are over? Does it just continue forever or does it still update every month or so?

Don't know a lot about Tyranitar so I can't help Hazey much but I got a quickie of my own.

Can I get that from a female Togekiss and a male Honchkrow that has Nasty Plot & Roost?

I'm asking since Roost is no longer a TM and I'm not sure if it can pass down; can anyone confirm if it does?
Pretty sure it does.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/468.shtml

Roost is listed under Gen IV only so it's not possible for Togekiss to learn roost in gen V. It's not an egg move so it won't be passed down.
Yes you can pass down Nasty Plot from Honchkrow to Togepi.

I wasn't really that into 4th gen, so I would like to ask, when if ever does the server update (or restart) once suspect rounds are over? Does it just continue forever or does it still update every month or so?
Usually, the ratings are reset shortly after the suspect round finishes, if that's what you're talking about. If you mean the server version, they update it when they update it.

Okay, so I made this really cool RU partial Trick Room team the other day and was wondering if someone could help me with two flaws that I'm facing as of now.

This is the team -

Slowking
Sceptile
Zangoose
Throh
Audino
Armaldo

Anyways, problem 1)
Which should I use in the lead position, Armaldo or Slowking?
Okay I know that with their speed stats they'd both make pretty crappy leads, but compared to the rest of my team they're the only two viable options and I can't choose. Armaldo is arguably the better lead with SR and Rapid Spin, but I don't know if I'd want to waste his awesome sweeping capabilities (under TR) by doing that to him. Slowking is really a half lead, half special wall, and his primary function in the lead position is to just set up Trick Room and get out.
I'm currently running Slowking as my lead and this is his set;

Slowking @ Lefties; Calm; Regenerator
252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 SpD
-Trick Room
-Toxic
-Scald
-Calm Mind

I'm not running Slack Off because I needed room for TR and also I'm using Regenerator anyways. This is Armaldo, who is currently my sweeper;

Armaldo @ ?; Brave; Battle Armor
128 HP, 252 Atk, 128 Def
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

If I put Armaldo in lead, I'd switch out SD for SR and possibly switch around the EVs and go Adamant over Brave.

Problem 2)
What item should I put on my Armaldo? I can't Band him, and Sceptile already has Life Orb. Should I be running Life Orb on Armaldo too, or is that risky? and should I use EQ over X-Scissor?

What is the preferred ability for a Shell Smash Carracosta? Solid Rock or Sturdy? I was thinking Sturdy. And it's better to go with Jolly rather than Adamant correct?

What is the preferred ability for a Shell Smash Carracosta? Solid Rock or Sturdy? I was thinking Sturdy. And it's better to go with Jolly rather than Adamant correct?
Solid Rock, as it has the physical bulk to take at least one hit without Sturdy / Focus Sash. And correct, Jolly is better, as Carracosta is way too slow to use Adamant.

I really love Gastrodon and Milotic and wish I could use them both on a team... What would be the best way to differentiate them and who would be the best teammate for them? This is for OU!

I breeding a mixed Standard B/W Tyranitar:
Tyranitar@Chople Berry
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-Pursuit
Sassy(+Sp.D -Spe)
Sandstream

I can control 2-3 maybe 3 IV's at being 31. Which should the 2 be and the possible the 3rd?

Also, my EV spread. I'm basing this Tyranitar off a guy a got permission to use off of. He uses the EV Spread: 160hp/72atk/96spa/182spd. He says, "Tyranitar is EVd so that he can be a sturdy tank, but strong enough to attack." However he uses Brave nature.

Smogon suggests Sassy nature, which I am using since I already caught a Sassy one. Their EV Spread recommendation is 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD.

I don't know which IV's to control or which EV spread to choose. I'm guessing the guy had messed up IV's or something. But, I am going to go for 27-30 in all IV's and 31 in at least 2 or 3 IV's.

Also, lets not forget the other question. Which 2 IV's should I control at 31, and possible a third at 31?

My plan as of currently:

IV Priority: HP> Sp.D > Sp.A > Attack > Speed >=Defense
Controlling 31 IV's in: HP, SP.D, and Sp.A
Nature: Sassy (Smogons Choice)

However, so far I have cracked about 13 eggs and have gotten 3 31 IV Pokemon but they are Sp. ATk, Sp. Def, and HP, however, waiting longer for the others is not an issue.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

There are a difference in moves. Instead of Ice Beam, I have Superpower (Smogon showed it as Ice Beam/Superpower). Also, instead of Crunch--I have Pursuit. Also, hes the lead.

This is simple, I would say. It's just longed out, if you will (is that a word? wtf?)
well i happen to know about tyranitar ^-^ ok so i would shoot for what your getting, although hp is the most important i'd say, then spa. keep in mind that 2-4 ivs isn't much to worry about, just shoot for the best until you find something you really think is usable. i would go with that guys ev spread if your using pursuit over crunch, because even if they don't switch it'll still be doing more damage than no atk evs. infact i would go with that spread over smogons either way, mine as well no waste ttars power. even though you already are choosing sassy, if you were choosing between the 2, it really depends on if you want more of an anti lead, or a tank. sassy probably ensures that he will stay alive longer, and maybe even come back in the re-set up stealth rock or re-set up sandstorm (well if you need more sandstorm, i once found myself using ttars DW ability because i wanted his typing and power without the sand).

if you need any other advice please ask, i'm a little above averagely experienced with him, although i don't check in on this thread often, so if you needs something specific pm me.

I really love Gastrodon and Milotic and wish I could use them both on a team... What would be the best way to differentiate them and who would be the best teammate for them? This is for OU!
Simple, use Gastrodon as a special wall, and Milotic as a physical wall
For Milotic to be a physical wall, max out its def EVs and use either of the 2 sets
1. Flame Orb
Once status activates, Milotic will have Marvel Scale and have 413 def and 286 spdef. Recover is a must on this set. Even with the burn, using Recover can still make you a good defensive staller
2. RestTalk
Instead of Recover, give Milotic Rest and Sleep Talk. When its resting, it still has a status condition and high def. This is more unreliable since sleep ends after 2 turns

A good teammate for both will be Sp.defensive Heatran, who can take the grass type and electric type moves aimed at Gastrodon and Milotic respectively

hi guys.IS it possible to have a list of released dream world abilities so far?I just can't find it anywhere.Thank you. ;)

right. do so, then move the window around by clicking on the top bar and dragging it. then you can resize the window...
Thanks, that works so far.

hi guys.IS it possible to have a list of released dream world abilities so far?I just can't find it anywhere.Thank you. ;)
Like this one: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454925

Question: What are some of the good phazers in OU and UU? Excluding Skarmory, Swampert?
Gyarados, Vaporeon and Latias are fairly good phazers in OU. They have Roar, Gyarados has Intimidate and got Dragon Tail additionally, Varporeon has Wish and Heal Bell, Latias has recovery and screens and Refresh.
In UU you can use Milotic (Dragon Tail only, Recover), Suicune (Roar) or Donphan (Roar). Otherwise I see Mandibuzz from time to time (Whirlwind, Roost).

haunter

Banned deucer.
Question: What are some of the good phazers in OU and UU? Excluding Skarmory, Swampert?
Protect\perish song Politoed is good at forcing switches. Many other pokemon can run roar for a pseudo haze effect, see specially defensive Heatran, Vaporeon and so on. There's also sub-roost-dragon tail Dragonite or rest\talk\dragon tail\roar Gyarados.

I just read that I can have both a Black and White version game carts linked to one Pokémon Trainer Club account. How do I do this? I thought that I had to create a separate account for my second cart (White), so I did. On my White version, can I change Game Sync accounts from the second PTC account to my main one?

I just read that I can have both a Black and White version game carts linked to one Pokémon Trainer Club account. How do I do this? I thought that I had to create a separate account for my second cart (White), so I did. On my White version, can I change Game Sync accounts from the second PTC account to my main one?
I'm not sure, but I don't think you'd really want to even if you could. I may be remembering what I've heard wrong, but I believe that you can only access the dreamworld for one hour a day with each account, not each game. Having two accounts lets you spend more time there and gives you twice the event stuff.

**Disclaimer: I am not entirely certain this is correct**

Getting the egg move Morning Sun with an Arcanine you have to breed a level 71 Espeon that knows the move but I'm wondering if you had an Arcanine that already knew the move could you just breed that Arcanine with another Arcanine? Will the move still pass down?

I've heard it won't so I have to ask.

Getting the egg move Morning Sun with an Arcanine you have to breed a level 71 Espeon that knows the move but I'm wondering if you had an Arcanine that already knew the move could you just breed that Arcanine with another Arcanine? Will the move still pass down?

I've heard it won't so I have to ask.
I believe it will as they're same species and it's an egg move, so I don't see why it wouldn't :)

IV question

Quick question everyone,

I have RNG'd an almost perfect Timburr.....it's brave natured, IV stats are maxed out, except for HP....which has IV of 3. . . Should I keep him and just train his EV's on Attack and HP, or trash it and find a better one? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)