Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
are B2 and W2 going to be sixth gen? i just picked up beating my black, i'm at the 3rd gym (lol) but i don't want to continue if all the action is going to be in an entirely new gen. i assume they are going to be same gen because there are still unreleased dw abilities?
Still be 5th gen, it will be what Emerald was for Gen 3 and Platinum was for Gen 4 except now its two games

are B2 and W2 going to be sixth gen? i just picked up beating my black, i'm at the 3rd gym (lol) but i don't want to continue if all the action is going to be in an entirely new gen. i assume they are going to be same gen because there are still unreleased dw abilities?
This is definitely still 5th generation. The amount of years it took for the past generations to pass was 3, 3, 4, 4. Gamefreak has no reason to break the apparent pattern

In pokemon crystal:

is it possible to use the time capsule in a VBA emulator?

where do you play online here?

if it is no longer possible to get growth on espeon then why is it part of the moveset in here:
http://www.smogon.com/gs/pokemon/espeon
No.

Our main battle simulator can be downloaded at http://pokemon-online.eu/download , use the Smogon University server. Or if you wish to battle using the online function of your Nintendo DS, you can find battles in http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Smogon supports Pokémon and moves that are no longer available because it is still possible to own, such as the NYPC Pokémon including the one in question seen here: http://www.smogon.com/rb/articles/tradebacks

In pokemon crystal:

is it possible to use the time capsule in a VBA emulator?

where do you play online here?

if it is no longer possible to get growth on espeon then why is it part of the moveset in here:
http://www.smogon.com/gs/pokemon/espeon
I think I can answer that last question pretty easily; that's the analysis for 2nd generation, back when it COULD get growth through an event. It is not available from 3rd generation onwards because you can't transfer Pokemon from the first two generations to the more recent ones.

While you couldn't obtain a NEW espeon with Growth these days since the event has long since passed, it's always possible someone has one from way back when the event was around. Since the simulator Smogon uses allows you to make and use any possible Pokemon (without glitch abuse), no matter how rare it is, it's available as an option despite the chances of anyone still having a Growth Espeon actually on a Catridge these days is pretty spectacularly low.

So I notice in some VGC videos on youtube the people are playing their DS on a tv. Is there a way to do this from the comfort of your own home or does Nintendo carry something to these events they don't make available to everyone else?

So I notice in some VGC videos on youtube the people are playing their DS on a tv. Is there a way to do this from the comfort of your own home or does Nintendo carry something to these events they don't make available to everyone else?

Nintendo sets these up so the audience can watch.

Is it possible to get a prankster Murkrow with these moves without hacking anything, if so how?:

Roost
Featherdance
Snarl

Is it possible to get a prankster Murkrow with these moves without hacking anything, if so how?:

Roost
Featherdance
Snarl
Unfeant gets both Roost & Featherdance (so Male Unfezant + Female Prankster Murkrow), but you'll need to give up Snarl until the TM ever gets released. At this point the only way to get it is to pass it down off the event Zoroark or a Smeargle, and they can only pass it through the Field egg group. There's not enough overlap between Field, Flying (egg group), and Snarl to get it on Murkrow.

I read that PokéCheck can be used to trade from 4th gen to 5th gen, but can it be used to trade backwards from 5th gen to 4th gen (assuming the Pokémon's species/moves/item all exist in 4th gen)?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to clone a pokemon with a classic ribbon in 5th Gen without the use of an Action Replay?
I'm 99% sure it's not possible without resorting to any cheating device or save editor.
Edit: another option would be to use something to back up your save and then restore that one every time you want to clone said pokemon.

Gastrodon, Calm Mind Virizion, SpDef Breloom, Celebi, usually Tangrowth. You need more in-depth descriptions, or will this do?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Celebi, Ferrothorn, Shaymin, Gastrodon, water absorb Quagsire, Lati@s, Hydreigon and maybe more.

The EV spread allows Giratina-O to survive Choice Scarf Garchomp's Outrage and Choice Scarf Palkia's Spacial Rend after Stealth Rock damage.

So I took up chaining Voltorb in Pearl and I got not one but two shiny which I transfered to my pokemon white. My first one has Naughty Nature. Strongly Defiant and Likes spicy food. It has 60 HP, Attack 31, Defense 37, Sp. Atk 39, Sp. Def 38, Speed 67 and it's ability is Soundproof. My second one Has 69 HP, Attack 25, Defense 36, Sp. Atk 48, Sp. Def 39 and Speed 64 and it's ability is Static. Its nature is mild and it often dozes off and it likes dry food. Which one would be better to train?

So I took up chaining Voltorb in Pearl and I got not one but two shiny which I transfered to my pokemon white. My first one has Naughty Nature. Strongly Defiant and Likes spicy food. It has 60 HP, Attack 31, Defense 37, Sp. Atk 39, Sp. Def 38, Speed 67 and it's ability is Soundproof. My second one Has 69 HP, Attack 25, Defense 36, Sp. Atk 48, Sp. Def 39 and Speed 64 and it's ability is Static. Its nature is mild and it often dozes off and it likes dry food. Which one would be better to train?
I'd choose the mild natured one because boosting special attack is more important than boosting attack on Electrode. Also, Static has more general utility than Sound-Proof, especially since Electrode doesn't have any boosting moves that would make blocking Roar worthwhile. Finally, Naughty lowers Special Def while Mild lowers Defense, and since Electrode's defense is lower than its special defense you'd lose less bulk with Mild. IVs probably aren't as big a deal, since Nature almost always has more impact and Ability is more important than either.

I'd choose the mild natured one because boosting special attack is more important than boosting attack on Electrode. Also, Static has more general utility than Sound-Proof, especially since Electrode doesn't have any boosting moves that would make blocking Roar worthwhile. Finally, Naughty lowers Special Def while Mild lowers Defense, and since Electrode's defense is lower than its special defense you'd lose less bulk with Mild. IVs probably aren't as big a deal, since Nature almost always has more impact and Ability is more important than either.
Just going to say that since IV's max at 31, and Natures are a 1.1x multiplier, this statement is only true for a stat where 0 IVs at level 100 is more than 310. At 310, they equal, and when the stat with 0 IV's is less than 310, the IVs have more impact. [/clarification]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)