Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Maybe not. UU is probably going to look a lot different this gen, with a lot of former threats being pushed out by new ones. Why do people insist on asking tiering questions when the metagame isn't even close to settling down yet?

Blaziken can be all sorts of ridiculous.

Is it smarter to speed EV protect/speed boost Blaziken or HP EV it? Will one speed boost with no EVs outspeed most things?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Blaziken can be all sorts of ridiculous.

Is it smarter to speed EV protect/speed boost Blaziken or HP EV it? Will one speed boost with no EVs outspeed most things?
It needs speed EVs to beat fast scarfers. Most of its counters can OHKO it regardless of investment, so there isn't much point anyway. And after only one Speed Boost (i.e. you come in on something you don't force out), lots of stuff can outspeed it, so it's even more necessary for that.

Say, Blaziken should run Adamant or Jolly? It already gets speed boosts, so I tend to preffer Adamant...
Also, purely physical or mixed with Fire Blast and Hone Claws?

Which version is better suited for breeding? I'm thinking Black gets less grass and more long roads for easier hatching?
This doesn't really matter - the two games are almost identical anyway. I'd say White is best as you get more Pokémon to breed from White Forest - there's no place in Black which is so much suited to egg hatching that it warrants a purchase over White.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Say, Blaziken should run Adamant or Jolly? It already gets speed boosts, so I tend to preffer Adamant...
Also, purely physical or mixed with Fire Blast and Hone Claws?
Adamant beats a few defensive counters (particularly Gliscor), while Jolly beats a few fast offensive counters. Depends what you're most concerned with. Also, never use Hone Claws. Physical vs. mixed is mostly a matter of preference, though.

In anyone's Gamestop/EB Games/etc doing a midnight launch for B&W? Mine's just opening at 9 AM instead of the usual 11... and is there any news of getting free stuff if you've reserved a copy, like a poster?
I asked the same question at a local Gamestop. They laughed at the thought of a midnight release for a Pokémon game, saying that there's no way that kids' parents would take them to Gamestop at midnight to buy it O_o. They said they were opening at 9, though, and are not doing any special preorder bonuses. According to this article on PokéBeach, they're offering the Prima strategy guide for 20% off to people who purchase one of the games, but that's it (the article also lists bonuses that other stores are offering, if you're interested).

I'm confused by the differences between Black and White ?_?

I have one DS, access to WiFi, but no friends who play Pokemon, what should I get?

Hi,
Does anyone know if the GTS glitch from Gen 4 which allowed you to evolve a pokemon that require a trade to evolve still works in Gen 5?

Thankyou.

I'm confused by the differences between Black and White ?_?

I have one DS, access to WiFi, but no friends who play Pokemon, what should I get?
It depends. Do you want access to as many version exclusives from the other game as possible? If so, then I'd recommend Black Version. In Black, it's possible to see a Braviary (and thus trade for one over the GTS), whereas in White one cannot find a Vullaby or Mandibuzz anywhere.

Also buyable Heart Scales. Top that.

It depends. Do you want access to as many version exclusives from the other game as possible? If so, then I'd recommend Black Version. In Black, it's possible to see a Braviary (and thus trade for one over the GTS), whereas in White one cannot find a Vullaby or Mandibuzz anywhere.

Also buyable Heart Scales. Top that.
Er, not sure what you mean by "access"? I only have one DS if that's what you mean.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Does the concept of a 101 hp substitute still matter? It's not like you see nearly as many Blisseys as you did in RSE
Evo Stone Chansey also exists now, and Seismic Toss is the only offensive move it runs (aside from Toxic, but that's obviously not an issue if you have a sub up). Also, DW Sableye occasionally runs Night Shade, I think, so it might be useful for that.

Does mirror coat (and I guess counter then) work if you have a sub up? Including if it isn't broken by the attack?

Something needs to be done about Excadrill/sandstorm.

I'm not saying it's necessarily too powerful. It's just entirely too common.

Every team I play has the same following pokemon in it: Hippowdon/Tyrannitar (sometimes both), Excadrill, garchomp and ferrothorn.

e: I meant to post this in the suspect thread so I apologize for the inconvenience.

Something needs to be done about Excadrill/sandstorm.

I'm not saying it's necessarily too powerful. It's just entirely too common.

Every team I play has the same following pokemon in it: Hippowdon/Tyrannitar (sometimes both), Excadrill, garchomp and ferrothorn.

e: I meant to post this in the suspect thread so I apologize for the inconvenience.
Just so you know, you are able to delete your own posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)