Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Defog / Fire Blast
- Roost

Any pointers on what I should consider for partners or threats before I construct the team.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sneasel and opposing ice types like mega glalie are huge issues for that core so bulky waters, steel types and fighting types pair really well with those. Example of these type of mons are: poliwrath, hariyama, gurdurr, qwilfish, durant and the omnipresent mega steelix. Fire types also feat well with those.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I think it'd benefit from considering Air Slash over Psyshock and possibly Dazzling Gleam over Energy Ball if Tyrantrum is switching into you that often, so you can fit roost more reliably in there. I sort of feel that without Roost and/or Air Slash that Sigilyph set is competing with Delphox, especially if you choose to go defog on Flygon, and Sigilyph's type offers less defensive synergy.

Otherwise, I'd add a solid ice check, possibly one that beats Sneasel, and you also lose to Meloetta. While I'm not a big fan of the mon, AV Escavalier beats most ice types + meloetta, except for maybe Sneasel, so that could be somewhere to start, especially if you're aiming for bulky offense.

phantom

Banned deucer.
It usually runs Roost in the fourth slot and doesn't always run Aerial Ace, unlike Stone Edge which you'll always see on it. Other moves you can expect to find on aero are Earthquake, Fire Blast, and Ice Fang.

It can also potentially run more niche stuff like Double-Edge or Pursuit.

Does anyone have a Hyper Offense team for me to ladder? Preferably with some of the new mons, but itn't a requirement. Thanks in advance :]

Does anyone have a Hyper Offense team for me to ladder? Preferably with some of the new mons, but itn't a requirement. Thanks in advance :]
I really don't think HO's a good place to start in a tier, but if you want teams, you can check these threads out:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ion-v4-week-19-jumpluff-voting.3542650/unread
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-read-the-op-and-all-that-jazz.3555758/unread
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ru-sample-teams-thread-3-0.3551316/

edit: you could use this rmt I posted a while back
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/teach-a-man-how-to-fish-so-he-can-help-himself.3560153/

Could someone post a link to the previous RU Viability ranking thread? Idk how to find the closed old ones when a new one is started. Thanks!

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
It spent a significant time at B (Jolteon, I believe, was either B+ or A-) - I know for a fact it was B right at the end of XY. While it wasn't widely considered good/great during XY, it did have Surf/Grass Knot/Focus Blast, which hit several significant targets, such as Gligar (many ran HP Ice despite that, because it hit it harder and you had free moveslots), Rhyperior, Cobalion, Seismitoad, Quagsire, etc. It also checked Doublade with it's typing and still had a key water immunity which gave it switch ins versus other mons and made it a reliable check to swords dance Feraligatr and most Kabutops.

Before it moved into UU, it was A- while Jolteon was B+ because it's movepool was so good and almost nothing could switch into it's great coverage, especially on offense. Doublade was even more relevant than it had previously been at that time, Cobalion was everywhere, and there weren't any ground types that could take it's coverage, so volt switching as checks/counters came in was pretty easy.

I seriously doubt Heliolisk was ever E-Rank lol. Probably C/C- at worst, but not E. Nobody could compare Lisk to freaking Ambipom.
His question was already answered by Lord Death Man. If you want more details on how Heliolisk fared back then (and the other mons in general, I suggest you check out the old VR threads:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ru-viability-ranking-oras-edition.3523627/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ru-viability-ranking-v2-final-update-until-oras.3516783/

It spent a significant time at B (Jolteon, I believe, was either B+ or A-) - I know for a fact it was B right at the end of XY. While it wasn't widely considered good/great during XY, it did have Surf/Grass Knot/Focus Blast, which hit several significant targets, such as Gligar (many ran HP Ice despite that, because it hit it harder and you had free moveslots), Rhyperior, Cobalion, Seismitoad, Quagsire, etc. It also checked Doublade with it's typing and still had a key water immunity which gave it switch ins versus other mons and made it a reliable check to swords dance Feraligatr and most Kabutops.

Before it moved into UU, it was A- while Jolteon was B+ because it's movepool was so good and almost nothing could switch into it's great coverage, especially on offense. Doublade was even more relevant than it had previously been at that time, Cobalion was everywhere, and there weren't any ground types that could take it's coverage, so volt switching as checks/counters came in was pretty easy.
e: Surprisingly enough, Heliolisk managed to drop to NU due to its surprisingly low usage. Nonetheless, it was suspected and banned from NU alongside Virizion.

And ftr the reason Heliolisk saw little usage during that time period was because Dragalge, Serperior, and worst of all Mega Pidgeot were all in the tier; the former two were able to switch into Heliolisk's non-Volt Switch attacks and use it as setup fodder while the latter forced teams to run electric types with greater than 121 speed, which Heliolisk couldn't do without running a laughably weak scarf set so Jolteon became the more popular electric-type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)