Average UU RMT

I wanted to get back into Pokemon after not really playing for a while, so on Showdown I threw together some pokes. Please criticize this team, I'm not looking for trolls, but please tell me what could make this team best as possible. Here goes nothing:

The team

Registeel@Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Evs: 252 HP 72 Def 184 SpD
Careful Nature
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Iron Head

Registeel is basically my 2nd Special/mixed wall alongside Snorlax(which will be revealed later). I run a balanced team, so the support is key. Stealth rock is pretty much his only use for the team. T-wave is the second spot on Registeel as it can Paralyze Victini who might want to come in on the switch(scarfed is actually a pain for the team). Seismic toss/Iron head is for the stall war I might be placed in. The Evs may seem random, but I wanted at least some physical bulk, as Snorlax has alot of the same faults, and is special as well. Overall I say Registeel may be the least useful on my team

Sableye@leftovers
Trait:Prankster
Evs:252 Hp 120 Def 136 SpD
Careful nature
Taunt
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade

Ah, our favorite prankster pokemon. Words do not describe the pain when you see your opponent has a sableye. His function to the team is the obvious priority will-o-wisp crippling physical attackers, taunt to shut down supporters, and pretty much troll. Taunt as mentioned, shuts down pokemon such as Registeel, Slowbro, or anything defensive. Recover is the obvious REALLY annoying recovery for sableye. Will-O-Wisp cuts the opponent's attack in half, and serves as damage while sableye may want to stall out the opponent. Night shade is basically so Sableye is not completely useless after taunt. Overall, who cannot like our favorite prankster user: The opponent!

Mismagius@Leftovers
Trait:Levitate
Evs: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Substitute
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting

I previously used a scarfed Mismagius on previous teams: and I personally loved the ghost. Serving as a spinblocker along with Sableye, being able to absorb Ambipom's fake out, and being able to outspeed base 100 pokemon: alot of things are working out for Mismagius. Substitute makes sure no T-Wave, toxic, can threaten it while setting up. The second slot is calm mind, boasting it's impressive special defense/special attack up to high levels(thinking about replacing with nasty plot). Shadow ball is a powerful stab with +1 being able to dent alot of things that don't resist it. HP fighting is for coverage: normal types that are immune to shadow ball, are hit super effective. Mismagius has an interesting speed stat in that it can outspeed alot of pokemon in the tier. Although pretty frail, it's easy to set up with CM/Sub and presume to hit hard. An unfortunate thing is I don't believe Mismagius has a reliable recovery move: so it's pretty much a 1 switch in sweeper. Mismagius has it's ups and downs, but can be such a witch(see what I did there?).

Snorlax@Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Evs: 208 HP 124 Def 176 SpD
Careful Nature
Return
Rest
Sleep Talk
Whirlwind

Snorlax has been an offensive wall ever since it debuted in Gen 1. Boasting impressive attack, gargantuan HP, and good Special defense, snorlax cannot be overlooked. Although now with eviolite, Porygon2 can sometimes claim to be a better wall: snorlax cannot be overlooked. Return is a strong STAB move that does decent damage to anything neutral. Rest/sleep talk are the main reason i use the old fluffy guy. It can sponge status from anything, rest, then sleep talk. Whirlwind finishes the set and is probably the most important move. It can phaze out along with stealth rocks, along with sleep talk, to be a really threatening combo. Evs were taken from the smogon analysis and pretty much allow snorlax to tank any special hit whatsoever.

Honchkrow@Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
Evs: 252 Atk 4 HP 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Brave Bird
Superpower
Sucker Punch
Roost

I had never used this pokemon before in any team: after seeing it very commonly, I then decided why not. 1 speed stat above Bisharp allows it to outpace(or take little from sucker punch, and murder it). Brave bird is the #1 STAB that is absolutely train when hit from 383 attack, especially with Moxie boost under it's belt. Superpower is for steels, and bisharp that would normally resist brave bird. Sucker Punch is what makes Krow want you to rip your hair out. One of the best Super Punch users in the tier, it hits azelf, or anything frail for MASSIVE damage(and can pick off some threats late game). Roost is in the last spot because taking Brave Bird, Life orb recoil racks up on Krow. I personally LOVE Honchkrow in that nothing wants to take any of it's hits, and moxie along with sucker punch can sweep entire teams. I don't believe I want to change this pokemon: he's solidified as a solid member of the team.

Arcanine@Leftovers
Trait:Intimidate
Evs: 248 HP 253 Def 8 SpD
Bold Nature
Toxic
Morning Sun
Extreme Speed
Flamethrower

My defensive wall, and loyal pet. Arcanine is the one thing on my team that can take on victini, and that's why I have him on the team. Not only is he just for victini, but intimidate lower the attack of some offensive pokes. Toxic is for stalling. Morning sun is a semi-reliable recovery move, allowing him to live longer. ExtremeSpeed is to pick off low health threats, and unfortunately one of my only offensive priority moves on the team. Flamethrower is a decent STAB move to pretty much hit anything. Another pokemon I really don't want to replace: I love using Arcanine because he's my physically defensive wall who can take pretty much any physical hit with ease and presume to do whatever he wants.

Unfortunately I don't have a choice scarf user, so help along those lines will be appreciated. Again, please criticize the team as much as possible. Thank you for reading, and helping me improve!

Hey I believe I acutally battle you on PS with my choiced team and the name was peeekatchu if you remember. I have some suggestions for your team. Your team needs a spinner. You should replace registeel with hitmontop to get a rock resist. Since registeel is gone you now need a new SR. I would try the more offensive approach and use coballion with SR over sabeyle. Since you say you need a scarfer try out scarf honchrow instead of your one right now. Mismagius I think should run a LO NP set instead of your calm mind. One last nitpick Arcanine should run will-o-wisp instead of toxic and Flare blitz over flameflower with a impish nature. I'll summarize english was never my best :p
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers over registeel
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic/Forsight
- Sucker Punch/Stone edge
- Close Combat

Cobalion @ Expert Belt over sabyele
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 76 Atk / 180 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Close Combat/Sacred Sword

Honchkrow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Drill Peck / Pursuit/ Hidden power grass

Optional
Mismagius LO NP>CM
Arcanine Will-o-wisp>Toxic
Arcanine FB>Flamethrower
Arcanine impish>bold

Hope I helped GL!

hi cool team ^ ^
I suggest you put cobalion instead of Registeel

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+ Spd,-SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Sacred Sword
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

is a beautiful set and is a 2HKO Gligar, you can switch with volt switch, has the sacred sword and stab can 'fine set, set really nice, try it
Registeel is more 'as defensive pokemon and very durable but also gives you an alternative cobalion offensive, throw down' Gligar is not at all easy

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+ Spd,-SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- ExtremeSpeed

set much more offensive with life orb, you can take that into consideration to put a crunch instead of close combat, then you see.
good luck ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)