SM OU Balance/Immunity Psynergy Team

I would like to have as many opinions as possible regarding this team I made

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce (Pre-Mega Evolution: Prankster)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Sableye is to switch into normal/fighting/psychic types and bounce hazards status etc. This set excels against Physical attackers (like Excadrill or Landorus-Therian) not carrying Swords Dance since it can use them after being burn as setup bait by using calm mind and Recovering when you deem needed. It is imperative that you need a steel type since Fairy types can wreck him on the Special side since he's my physical wall. You could replace Will-O -Wisp with Taunt taking advantage of his base form's ability Prankster and stopping set-up sweepers like Mega Gyarados, making it easier for other mons such as Mantine to switch. You'll always want Prankster as his base form's ability to take priority in turns and cripple or setup or recover before proceeding to mega-evolve.

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt

Heatran is the stallbreaker traping and KOing Mega Sableye, Chansey, Blissey, Skarmory, Celesteela and Gliscor to mention some. It threatens Ferrothorn and prevents him from setting up Stealth Rocks. Firium Z helps in its matchup against Magearna OHKOing it, Also if Magearna would decide to switch it would heavily damage opposing switch-ins leaving the in KO range. Earth Power is for opposing Heatran and Magnezone. Rock Tomb is for speed control but mainly for Charizard X&Y if they switch into it leaving them in KO range in Zard X's case or OHKOing Zard Y on top of leaving them out sped. Finally Flash Fire is for immunity to fire type moves making him a safe switch-in to fire types on to of getting a boost from it. The given EV spread is to speed tie with other Heatran ( If using a Timid or Hasty nature), outspeed Mega Scizor and Zapdos,

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

Mantine is to switch into water and special atks not named Volt Switch, thunderbolt, etc. Prevents mons like Gyrados from setting up burns him with scald, or poisons him and watches him fall apart. Toxic is for crippling switch-ins and weaken walls such as Tangrowth. Haze for Setup Sweepers.
Roost keeps it healthy throughout the match. If Hazards is an issue you could replace Toxic or Haze with Defog. The given EV spread is to tank physical hits as much as possible since I don't find much use investing in Special Defense considering how well it takes non-electric hits. Water Absorbs serves to switch into water types aimed at Heatran while serving as recovery.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Foul Play
- Stone Edge

Diggersby is an Underrated mon since he is the strongest user of Earthquake. now this set aims to be a late game cleaner for when everything is weakened. Foul Play while notorious for OHKOing Landorus_Therian when holding a Choice Band, I chose Life Orb since it still hits hard and gives flexibility to use agility outpeed whatever I want ( In this case with his EV spread Agility puts him above Timid Scarf Tapu Lele) and proceed to wreck havoc. 252 EVs in attack plus Adamant nature to hit as hard as possible and the rest are thrown to bulk. Stone Edge is for Zapdos and Tornadus. Keep in mind that you WILL want Huge power as his Ability as it is where his power comes from, also it seems as is the only ability for some weird reason that takes the opponent's attack stat and doubles its power when using Foul Play. if Agility is not needed you could opt for Fire Punch for Ferrothorn and Scizor. Also if you are not using Agility and want to guarantee a OHKO to Landorus-Therian you could use a Choice Band since Life orb has 93.8% of chance at OHKOing it compared to Choice Band's 100%. Now I know that return is an option too for neutral coverage (that as long as its atk is not -1 on the Band set OHKOs Landorus as well) I feel is redundant considering you already have EdgeQuake + a Lando-killer in Foul Play.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn

Band Bulu is Basically the same standard one just that I went and tried no speed and max bulk. You could opt for the standard one ( Adamant/ 84 HP, 248 Atk, 176 Speed). This set is basically to switch into Earthquake and weaken the opposing team. Wood Hammer hits like a truck, 2hkos Magearna. Grassy Surge also supports Heatran with recovery and reducing Earthquake's power, Horn Leech is to keep him healthy, Superpower for Ferrothorn who otherwise walls it, and Megahorn for Tangrowth.

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Brave Bird

Tapu Koko is my Lure to hit Kommo and Grass types not named ferrothorn hard with Supersonic sky strike and Brave Bird. The former has 81.3% to OHKO while the latter (Brave Bird 2hkos). Thunder might be replaced with Thunderbolt if you prefer, I just wanted to have basically something with the power of a Z move without being a Z move as Thunder has under Electric Terrain a power of [110 + STAB+ E. Terrain= 220 ] plus 30% chance of paralysis which may be worth the risk of losing 30% accuracy. Finally Hidden Power [Ice] is for Landorus, Garchomp, Gliscor and some random Salamence or weakened Dragonite. If you prefer U-turn over Volt Switch is understandable so no harm in using it since you have a crystaless Gigavolt Havoc in Thunder [220] or Thunderbolt [180]. The given EV spread is for maximum damage output while out speeding as much as possible.

So if there's any fixing needed in this team feel free to give me suggestions

Last edited:
I like the idea of Rock Tomb on Heatran, but I don't think running a -Def nature just for it is wise. A Modest or Timid nature would be better, as even with the power drop, Rock Tomb secures similar 2HKOs.

0 Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 196-232 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 176-208 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 224-268 (72 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 204-240 (65.5 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 112 Def Volcarona: 196-232 (52.5 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 112 Def Volcarona: 176-208 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO
(You have Taunt, so Bulkarona can't Roost stall you)

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Regarding your opinion about Diggersby being the best mon for Earthquake, I disagree. Lando-T still has an amazing Attack stat, besides which it can perform other useful roles e.g. Defog. Which your team doesn’t have by the way.

Edit: Sableye-Mega is your only ‘mon that is anti-hazard. That may put a huge strain on it during to a number of your Pokemon being weak to hazards. A Defogger may be a good addition to your team. But you don’t have to agree :)

I like the idea of Rock Tomb on Heatran, but I don't think running a -Def nature just for it is wise. A Modest or Timid nature would be better, as even with the power drop, Rock Tomb secures similar 2HKOs.

0 Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 196-232 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 176-208 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 224-268 (72 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 204-240 (65.5 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 112 Def Volcarona: 196-232 (52.5 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 112 Def Volcarona: 176-208 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO
(You have Taunt, so Bulkarona can't Roost stall you)
Oh wow I guess I forgot to make those calcs thanks

Regarding your opinion about Diggersby being the best mon for Earthquake, I disagree. Lando-T still has an amazing Attack stat, besides which it can perform other useful roles e.g. Defog. Which your team doesn’t have by the way.

Edit: Sableye-Mega is your only ‘mon that is anti-hazard. That may put a huge strain on it during to a number of your Pokemon being weak to hazards. A Defogger may be a good addition to your team. But you don’t have to agree :)
That's why I said in the Mantine description that you could replace either toxic or haze with defog but thanks for the tip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)