Ballin Super Team of Awesome (OU #12 and rising)

Yo what up dis my 1st Rate my team. I don't think this team is too good but it is super fucking awesome and for some reason does well so i'ma put this here and see how you guys can make this team better!!!! also Stall sucks!!!!

Team building process yo

First I have already built top 100 rain and sand teams so I decide to make a sun team. None of my sun teams have done as well as my rain or sand teams because of what I presume to be Ninetales being the worst weather starter. Anyways, Ninetales is a must for sun.

Next I need a sweeper in the sun to clean up and it's time to bring in my personal favorite volcarona. I love his super powerful hits and his super sexy stat up quiver dance. Better than that shell smash nonsense

With 2 pokes getting dumped on my stealth rock, i need a spinner, and one that can also set up rocks for me because i don't feel like using another pokemon/moveslot to set up rocks. Donphan fits the bill nicely, with sun patching up his water weakness. not really a favorite on the team, just...necessary.

Next, looking upon Donphan as a physical tank of sorts, i figured i needed something to sponge special attacks. I hate stall, and blissey and chansey even more than that, so i decided to pull up the good ol Porygon2. NU last gen, but who gives a fuck about tiers anyway.

I added Venusaur at first, because hes the fashionable sun sweeper these days, but after seeing the fact that tangrowth is literally better in every way possible, i decided to put him in. no seriously, tangrowth is better offensively and defensively and not that shitty EQ neutrality.

I noticed that my team was heavy special and therefore liable to get walled by that fuck Blissey so I put a physical attacker here. too often though, he died and i got shat on by blissey. Solution: Toxic Spikes! But I know you're saying, "Bob my homie, Toxic Spikes are for stall!" I say nah stall sucks. And you're also saying "Bob, dun, Nidoqueen is better at toxic spikes" And I'm telling you that Nidoqueen also sits around and does jack shit. Nidoking it is.

Full Team

The Necessary Sun Starter

Ninetales
@Leftovers-Drought
Modest 252SpAtk 252Speed
Fire Blast
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
Energy Ball

Ok this guy is necessary but doesnt really do a whole lot. I didn't want a choice set because he gets shit on by the other starters but is faster, so it is good to be able to switch to a super effective attack when the other starters switch in. EV's are made to hit as hard as possible, and with the weather on your side, a fireblast still hurts with no boost. Double status to burn up the tars and poison the toads. Yeah i think its more effective than NP, who has the time to do nasty plots anyway? Energy ball to hit tar and toed super effectively, but still does jack shit to them. oh well.

The Necessary Hazard User/Remover

Donphan
@Leftovers-Sturdy
Adamant 252Hp 192Atk 58Def
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Rapid Spin

You all know what SR and Spin are for. EQ is to actually damage something, while Ice shard puts some speed in what is otherwise a horribly, horribly slow team. Ice Shard still does nothing to most people though. The spread is to make a mix of survivability and offensive power, although Donphan's not exactly superb at either, it does its job effectively enough.

More than just a Spiker

Nidoking
@Life Orb-Sheer Force
Modest 252Sp.Atk 252 Speed
Toxic Spikes
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt

Nidoking was put into place to toxic Blissey but he also functions as an absolute menace to anything slower than him. Fire Blast does up to 87% on standard Calm Mind Reuniclus with max HP. Earth Power for Stab. With T spikes taking up a slot, there is a decision to be made between thunderbolt and ice beam. since ice beam targets mostly dragons who are faster while tbolt can get those bulky waters, namely that fucker of a spinblocker Pringles, it was an easy choice. Nido also picks up toxic spikes from my side of the field which is good because as you can see, all of my pokes are grounded. not good. adding on the the not good of slow and no steels. these are all problems that would be good to fix, but there are only 6 pokes on a team.

The Sun "Sweeper"

Tangrowth
@Leftovers
Impish-Chlorophyll
252Speed/76HP/180Def
Sleep Powder
HP Fire
Power Whip
Earthquake
Ok this dudes moveset and spread may seem weird but thats because i made it all up. Speed is for speed in the sun, Impish is for max tanking ability, the attack is to make power whip hurt and it usually does. People usually think Scizor is a good switch in to this guy for some reason. errr, his base sp atk is 110 people -_-. Fast sleeps are amazing in a pinch. EQ takes care of non scarf Heatrans. I have no idea why scarf trans are so uncommon now, but whatever. His offensive stats arent too good, but he can still throw around the damage. He can also tank some hits fairly well.

The Custodian

Volcarona
@Leftovers
Modest-Flame Body
252 Sp Atk 252 Speed
Substitute
Quiver Dance
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz

This guy is pretty much self explanatory. if its late game, a quiver dance and fireblast will be wrecking the opposing team. Fireblast will one hit opposing Rotom-W who dont invest in hp in the sun after a dance. Sub is for status avoidance, but morning sun looks tempting. I'll stick with sub, though unless I'm convinced otherwise. I know Bug Buzz doesnt have the best coverage, but i like the stab and its super effectiveness on Tar

Switch in when in Danger

Porygon2
@Evolite
252 HP 200Sp.Def 56Def
Calm -Trace
Recover
Thunder Wave
Charge Beam
Ice Beam

Ok this thing just is there to take hits like a Champ. He recovers a lot because i need him to take the hits. He's hard to fit on teams but I feel he's at home on this one. Trace is just too good as I can trace Natural Cure, Flash Fire, Intimidate, Prankster, etc. Trace Multiscale makes it a sweet switch in to Dragonite. charge beam so that i can so some damage after a boost. T wave because my team is slow as fuck.

Major Threats

CB Haxorus
fuck this guy. i have no steels so i just have to sleep it or wear it down. It can't really switch in too easily but early game it is a beast to face for sure.

CM Latias
oh boy err, switch in volca as fast as possible and wear it down. toxic it, ice shard>!>!?!?!

THANKS FOR RATING!!!!!

Personally i think that ninetales is a terrible lead for a sun team. He is the ONLY [legal] permanent su inducer, s if she goes down early, you'll have trouble with the sun later. Try leading with this crobat

Crobat
252hp/252spe/4def
sunny day
defog
U-turn
Taunt

Sunny day is obvious. Taunt is to help reduce stealth rocks / spikes possibilities. U-turn is to switch + do a bit of damage. And defog is to deal with spikers / stealth rocks that have been placed later in the game, as this thing will have safely switched out by then. Need less to saay it should be holding heat rock, and be of a jolly / timid nature.

With that being said, you can now safely run this nasty plot set for Ninetales -
Ninetales
252 Spattk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Attract / Hypnosis
Heat wave
solar beam
nasty plot
(f)

This thing NEEDS to be female. Whenever a pokemon is loaded onto team builder, it is automatically male. 9/10 people don't bother to change that. The only exceptions to this rule is blissey, latias and neutral gender pokemon (i might have missed a couple auto - female pokes). In that case, you still have free infinite sun. And a nasty plot. Think about it, blissey won't really be hitting you for any damage, apart from toxic / flamethrower (on the basic set). Latias i would recommend switching to your donphan for an ice shard. The rest of the moveset speak for itself. I would choose attract over hypnosis because there is no clause against it, and it has better accuracy. Also, some pokemon like to wake after one turn of sleeping for no apparent reason. Like my gengar. Life orb or leftovers on it, your choice. I still can't work out why it does that EVERY time . . but thats not the point. Another good pokemon to add to this team woould be jumpluff as it is epically fast with minimal speed investments, in infinite sun with chlorophyll. But i'll let you work out a moveset.

A MUST for this team is Dugtrio.
Dugtrio
4hp / 252 attk / 252 spe
Earthquake
stone edge
aerial ace
sunny day

Dugtrio is amazing revenge in a sun team, with this set. His brilliant speed and type coverage with edgequake alows him to revenge kill easily. And arena trap prevents the opponent from swithing to a better match up. Aerial ace is there to deal with other grass users, without having a last stand from their weakened bodies. Sunny day is obvious on this set, its for just in case your ninetales isn't out yet and the sun died. (the sun died? O.o) I would aso like to see a charizard on this set. Especially with flame charge which can raise speed now. That could lead to a deadly sweep when combined with belly drum, the infinite sun and leftovers. But i'll let you figure that out on your own.

Somethi i really don't get. You said you wanted a physical attacker so you picked nidoking.,WTF he doesn't have any physical attakcs. Just sayin

Somethi i really don't get. You said you wanted a physical attacker so you picked nidoking.,WTF he doesn't have any physical attakcs. Just sayin
He said he put a Ph. Attacker but wasn't effective because after his death, he was still walled by Blissey. So he put Nido which can set TSpikes to cripple Blissey anyway.

It seems a very nice team, without much OU Pokes =D. Latios or Starmie could attempt a sweep with IBeam and TBolt, SE to 4/6 of the team, but that Porygon2 seems like a good special wall.. played nicely should not be a problem. :)

@Steelrocks. I don't like Crobat because it does nothing offensively for the team, this is supposed to be an offensive minded team and it just wouldn't fit in. NP Tales imo has no time to NP, it is forced to switch often. on top of that it's not very fast, and Nido is a better slow sweeper. Dugtrio I would only need for blissey, taken care of by toxic spikes.

It seems a very nice team, without much OU Pokes =D. Latios or Starmie could attempt a sweep with IBeam and TBolt, SE to 4/6 of the team, but that Porygon2 seems like a good special wall.. played nicely should not be a problem. :)
Thanks, they are both threats, starmie more than latios. but starmie is manageable under sun with a fast tangrowth and weakened surf.

Seeing as you did not want Venusaur because its neutrality to ground hits, have you considered Exeguttor over tangrowth? With a higher special attack, and I beleive speed, its can sweep teams up much easier.

Very good team though, although I think its very weak to special walls (aka Blissey and Chansey). I don't see anything on this team breaking through them easily, seeing as your only special attackers are donphan (Blissey doesn't even care about its earthquakes) and Tangrowth (base 100 attack is meh). I beleive you should add a strong physical attacker, I don't know where though...

Seeing as you did not want Venusaur because its neutrality to ground hits, have you considered Exeguttor over tangrowth? With a higher special attack, and I beleive speed, its can sweep teams up much easier.
Hey, thanks for the rate! And I think Tangrowth is a better fit over Exeguttor for several reasons.

• Power whip hits at Tar's way weaker defense and goes through the sp. def sandstorm boost if i am battling in a storm.
  • It is a better tank
  • It can take care of Heatran with Earthquake. Having to run HP Ground for Heatran means I can't run HP Fire.
And I think Harvest is better on the coconut tree anyway. I am very seriously considering the suggestion of a Dugtrio to replace something on the team because it's great at doing its job and eliminating other weather starters, but I'm not sure what to take out.

Vulpix (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Confuse Ray

I know, vulpix seems weaker than ninetails, and is in SPA, but if you make it a special wall, it makes it last longer and work a bit better IMO than ninetails, try it out.

Don't lead with Ninetales, he loses all possible weather wars, so you better threat all weather starters to gain a switch and then send in ninetales.

Even though sun patches up Donphan's water weakness, he just gains another weakness to fire anyway.

Also, why don't you give Porygon2 Toxic instead of Thunder Wave?
2/6 pokemon on your team already have Toxic (or Toxic Spikes), so having Thunder Wave on Porygon2 AND sleep powder on Tangrowth seems counter-productive.

Also, on that note, maybe you should consider dropping Will-O-Wisp on Ninetales in favor of Protect or Nasty Plot? Both of those moves serve a better purpose than Will-O-Wisp, since you'll already be spreading enough status around as it is.

Just something small i picked up here. On Volcarona, i'd do Fiery Dance over Fire Blast, so that you could get a chance on an extra SpA boost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)