NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
texas can u elaborate on your bloddy townread because I don't see it

his first post pinged me hard, his second post didn't change my opinion.......and that's all he's posted. how is he not a scumlean for anyone else here

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a heads up that I may not be active comparative to some other players, most of the mafias I play in move slower, I'll try to make some decent reads though.
The Former Hope vs. Aura Guardian thing just seems like two people disagreeing over strats to me, although Former Hope's vote back onto Aura Guardian seems slightly sus? I suppose it's a natural reaction, but still. For the record, I'm against Former Hope's plan for the time being as well, I don't think it would help to claim anything this early in the game, it seems like a mafia-sided idea, but I can see how it would seem good. Anyway, null read on Aura Guardian and a slight sus read on Former Hope, but not enough to really matter. inb4 i'm attacked for not choosing a strong position, pls forgive me
Champ's vote on XnadrojX seems odd considering that he said he was voting him for being an 'inactive lurker' when XnadrojX had posted previously, he should've said "fluff poster" or something in that case. (And I could've agree with that classification, his first post was pretty fluffy) My guess is that he just didn't read the thread well enough. I also find it odd that he would vote on an 'inactive' before 24 hours had passed, but that's likely because I'm uninitiated with the frequent vote culture here, I'm used to votes being extremely strong scum accusations and votes on inactives being something you do towards the end of the day if anything, with PoS, FoS, and MFoS, etc. being used for indications of different levels of scumminess.
Also, I too see the irony in Aura Guardian going

Do you mind explaining your read on bluedoom?

Also, while we're still in the phase where I can make jokes
Voting Hitmonleet until he finishes his walrus
and on a final note, if it seems like I skipped over a lot of stuff, I did, I'm just not good enough to casually come up with reads on everything because rip me.
Thought process on champ re jordan seems town oriented, he's looking through things through his own lens and picking up on things that don't jive with his personal viewpoint. i get your pings on the waffling int he first para but that looks pretty heavily like a stylistic touch of his

Got it, I'll vote if I find a reason to. I was just noting the difference before, once I read through the thread I figured I'd need to be more active with it.
As for mxmts, his tone seems a bit more defensive at the start of the game than it probably should be for town [what with the 'sorry' included in his response to Knights], but by itself that seems like a null tell, I'm not sure how he normally writes and he did have legitimate queries aimed at him. I would've found not responding to them scummier.
Hitmonleet, if you have time to quote my post then you should finish your walrus say something other than 'boi'. Not sure if posting fluff should count for a scumtell given that it's Thanksgiving, I'll just assume that Hitmonleet was trying to check in somehow while catching up with the thread with the time being. If it weren't a holiday then I would call it a scumtell.
Consistent tone

Unvote since it's time to move past the joke votes, although you still need to finish your walrus Hitmonleet
Xnad, you're not far off labeling me as a "I'll cooperate" player for the time being, i'm trying to make reads but it'll likely come out as something passive for a while, but meh
The Champ wagon seems kinda weak to me, but that's probably to be expected as of Day 1, we don't have any solid reads or night actions to base our reads off of

I'm gonna sheep Earlio on this, and not because of the anti-scumread on me (in fact, I felt that was probably the strongest point there), just because the post he was responding too did feel kinda fluffy in terms of reads
Former Hope's crack theory was interesting, but assuming that they hadn't read through the any part of the thread beforehand I find a seven minute turn over time between being pinged and posting viable either way, I personally wouldn't have gone done this avenue of thinking myself though, so that's another town tell on Former Hope for me
NAI for me

Other posts aren't particularly relevant to me. Bloody reads genuine to me, they're internally consistent and approaching things from a reasoning perspective, trying to sort out where they stand on things

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
texas just wondering have u ever played pokemon omega ruby ?? i have a copy and its signed by Junichi Masuda so its really fking valuable and im never selling it or giving it away lol

words about bloddy
I see, so you're more reading into his tone/mindset

to me everything he writes just seems kinda wishy-washy, like he doesn't really want to offend anyone and avoid entanglement while providing fairly shallow reads, ie the read on former hope. the fact that he never put down a serious vote yesterday while being somewhat active is kinda scummy in my book

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I see, so you're more reading into his tone/mindset

to me everything he writes just seems kinda wishy-washy, like he doesn't really want to offend anyone and avoid entanglement while providing fairly shallow reads, ie the read on former hope. the fact that he never put down a serious vote yesterday while being somewhat active is kinda scummy in my book
On the surface level I agree with you

Just so everyone is clear

Jalmont is voting me because I won't explicitly lay out for him what I've been doing this game

Rather than, you know, reading the thread for himself

Or even the last two pages
no i'm voting you because i think your mafia. as i've pointed out repeatedly over the course of this game, you know, if you actually read the thread. xd

I think Texas and Jalmont are both Town here. Individually I read them as Town and I don't think scum Jalmont would want to stage something like that against a pretty towny player.

Vote: Aura Guardian

Carrying my vote over from yesterday, until user convinces me otherwise.

Granny Pie, nah you aren't being lynched (yet) so there's no need to claim, maybe stop fluffposting a little and you could avoid being lynched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)