Baton Pass Team.

I realize that Baton Pass isn't exactly the best type of team to use right now (it's probably one of the worst to be honest) but it's my favorite type of team so I decided to make one anyways.

Latios @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- Draco Meteor

I'm leading with Dual Screen Memento Latios right now, which is probably the best option. (My other option being Uxie.) Setting up Dual Screens is a quick and easy defense for me to (ab)use before I set up some actual defense boosts. My opponents usually will never be dumb enough to stay in after Memento, but it basically lets me get a free turn with my Gliscor which is always nice. Draco Meteor is an actual attack to use, and its actually still really powerful without serious EV investment. I chose it over Dragon Pulse because I normally will only attack once (if at all.)

Gliscor @ Yache Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass

Pure Baton Passing Gliscor is probably one of the best Baton Passers around. With the protection from Dual Screens and his excellent defenses, I can usually quickly hit a Rock Polish boost as they swich out, allowing me to outspeed and Taunt all possible threats. After that, I will either follow through with more Swords Dance boosts (if possible) and then into one of my other Baton Passers. Sometimes, I can just make the jump straight to Metagross and sweep though.

Gorebyss @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Waterfall
- Baton Pass

Gorebyss actually has deceptively good defenses (55/105/75) that after the Speed boost from Gliscor, can instantly double. (For example, Amnesia on a Special Sweeper.) I might want to use Surf, but after a Swords Dance boost, my attack is actually higher than my Special Attack. Gorebyss and Gliscor also have great defensive synergy with eachother, and Gorebyss can come in on a Ice/Water attack, and then instantly buff up her defenses on the switch.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
- Ingrain
- Spore
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Smeargle is kinda needed. This is really just the standard set. Spore/Ingrain/Substitute (although I might want to use Taunt in this spot I'd like some opinions on this.)

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Coat
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Wish
- Baton Pass

Espeon is a great boon to Baton Pass teams. Unlike Mr. Mime, she actually has a purpose outside of her ability (that being Wish). I might replace her with Standard Mr. Mime though. Right now its basically Wish vs. Hypnosis/Taunt and Whirlwind vs. Perish Song (in terms of what they stop.) I'm not entirely sure on this yet and would like some thoughts on it.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch

Standard Metagross Physical Sweeper Reciever. Just OHKO everything with this after the boosts are sufficient enough.

Threatlist:
Pretty much the typicals but these hurt a bit lot more:

Ditto: I have no idea how to beat his guy since he can just steal all of my work and then kill me.
Perish Song/Whirlwinders: Depending on if I use Mr. Mime or Espeon, I have a huge vulnerability to these guys.
Dragon Tail/Overhead Throw: These are the worst since there's no escape from these. (Can't be Taunted or anything like that and there still isn't a Suction Cups Pokémon with Baton Pass.)

5th gen is really not good for Baton Pass teams because of a number of annoying little tricks that were introduced. Including the ones you mention, there is this little Pokemon with one of the most dangerous abilities ever:

Erufuun @ Leftovers Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Taunt

Mischevious Heart will allow you to taunt it before you can, or it can encore your amnesia/rock polish/other stat up moves. Of course this won't work against Espeon, but all your opponent has to do is bring it up during any of your other Pokemon and you'll be forced to switch out.

I know that's why I'm using Espeon over Mr. Mime. Espeon can reflect Taunts so imo it's pretty much Baton Pass's only saving grace against Erufuun/Sableye/Murkrow.

NO, no using gliscor in 5th gen unless he attacks, if you don't, use gligar with an evo stone (a nice new item that boosts defenses (both) by 1.5 as long as your'e pre-evolved):

Gligar@evo stone
Ability:Hyper cutter
EVs/nature:you decide (you wanted speed), but I would use 252hp/12 def/244sp.def on a careful nature gligar
same moves as before

I don't think sacrificing all that defense for speed is worth it.

There are three edits i think you need to make....

1. Switch Metagross with Lucario

Lucario@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spe/ 148 Atk/ 110 Sp.Atk
Nature: Hasty
move 1: Hi Jump Kick
move 2: Ice Punch
move 3: Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
move 4: Vacuum Wave
Lucario is a great receiver because of its ability to punch holes into the most bulkiest walls ever. It OHKOs almost every single Pokemon in the game. Hi Jump Kick punches holes through walls like there made of paper. The third shop is your choice, depending if you want to flinch or get a Sp.Def drop. Ice Punch hits Dragons and Grass types that would wreck Lucario. Vacuum Wave catches Mischeivous Heart like Whismicott.

2. Make Gorebyss your lead.

When you use Amnesia and Iron Defense, you bolster your Pokemon's defenses faster and longer than dual screens do.

3. Switch Latios with Volbeat.

Volbeat got 2 gigantic boosts in B/W, Mischeivous Heart and now Tail Glow boosts not +2 to +3 now. So in 2 turns you can have +6 Sp.Atk, making Lucario OHKO everything, and I mean everything, in OU with Vacuum Wave.

Volbeat@ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
nature: Calm
move 1: Tail Glow
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Thunder Wave/Toxic
move 4: Encore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)