BellyToed: An UU turn of events!

Warstory: Close Battle!

Alright, even though popular demand told me not to post Warstories and such, If felt this was a great match. THIS WAS NOT A SWEEP!!!!!

My Team [Hauntershadow92]: Ninetails, Kangaskhan, Granbull, Gastrodon, Scyther, Politoed.

Nightstalker's Team: Glaceon, Lapras, Raticate, Driftblim, Seviper, Pikachu.

[Teams are in order of Appearance.]
Hauntershadow92 [Me] in Green
Nightstalker in D.Blue
Battle DMG: (Bold and in Parenthesis) Me - NS [In terms of Pokemon]
Score will be updated every other turn, when nesseceray.
Lefties, SS, any minute extra DMG is left out.
Announcer in Italics[Red]
Attacks in This Color

Warstory:

It was a cold day, well, at least on my side of the computer screen. Each trainer, pokeball in hand, were ready to call out their first Pokemon.

Hauntershadow: Go Volcun! My trusty Ninetails!
Nightstalker: Glaceon, do your thing!
Announcer: Glaceon, comes out with a huge Shadow Ball. Volcun holds on enough to use Hypnosis. Too bad it missed!
([Ninetails] 65% - [Glaceon] 100%)

Announcer: Glaceon dishes out another Shadow Ball. How will Hauntershadow92's Ninetails hold out? Ninetails attempts another Hypnosis. This time with success!
([Ninetails] 26% - [Glaceon] 100%)

Announcer: Nightstalker withdraws his Glaceon in return for Lapras. In the meantime Hauntershadow92's Ninetails boosts its Special attack with Nasty Plot.
([Ninetails] 26% - [Lapras] 100%)

Announcer: Hauntershadow92's Ninetails used Energy Ball. Impresive hit! Lapras strikes back with Return. Ninetails is down!
([Ninetails] 0% - [Lapras] 24%)
Score: 5-6 NS.

Announcer: Hauntershadow92 takes his fainted Ninetails back for Kangaskhan. He orders his Kangaskhan to use Hammer Arm. And Nightstalker's Lapras is down!
([Kangaskhan] 100% - [Lapras] 0%)
Score: 5-5 Tie.

Announcer: To make up for Lapras' death, NS sends out Raticate. As soon as he is out, he is quickly called back via U-Turn. Wow, impressive hit. That was far stronger than it should have been. (Critical Hit) And in comes Driftblim, only to dodge the incoming Hammer Arm.
(Kangaskhan] 56% - [Driftblim] 100%)

Announcer: Hauntershadow92, afraid of the possible outcome, switches Kangaskhan for Thrash, his Granbull. Driftblim was Intimidated, and so was NS, since he withdrew Driftblim for Glaceon.
([Granbull] 100% -[Glaceon] 100%)

Announcer: NS is in a tight situation, considering Glaceon is still asleep. Ahh, Glaceon uses Sleep Talk to use Sleep Talk again, which then picks Ice Beam, dealing a massive amount of Damage! Granbull Returns the favor and attacks back. This was not as strong though...
([Granubull] 10% - [Glaceon] 35%)

Announcer: Knowing that Granbull was sure to die, Hauntershadow92 switched in Gastrodon. Glaceon attempts another Sleep Talk, but it failed!
(Gastrodon] 100% - [Glaceon] 35%)

Announcer: Glaceon attempts Sleep Talk again, but to no prevail. Gastrodon sits there and uses Stockpile to increase his Defenses.
([Gastrodon] 100% - [Glaceon] 35%)

Announcer: Glaceon woke up, but too bad! Sleep Talk failed again! Gastrodon continues his Stockpile.
([Gastrodon] 100% - [Glaceon] 35%)

Announcer: NS, obviously getting frustrated with Glaceon, switches him for Driftblim. Gastrodon finalises the Stockpile for the third turn. What is Hauntershadow92 up to?
([Gastrodon] 100% - [Driftblim] 100%)

Announcer: NS orders his Driftblim to use Substitute. But it is to no prevail, because Surf Breaks it. Driftblim then switches to raising its special defense and special attack with Calm Mind. Gastrodon lets loose another Surf. This time hitting Driftblim. Driftblim retaliates with a succsessful Hypnosis.
([Gastrodon] 100% - [Driftblim] 42%)

Announcer: Driftblim uses Calm Mind again. He is staring a slow slope up to power, or is it just a plan of some sort? Gastrodon is still sleeping.
([Gastrodon] 100% - [Driftblim] 42%)

Announcer: NS' plan finally unfolds. He used Driftblim to Baton Pass the stat boosts to Seviper. What an awsome strategy! Gastrodon has yet to make a hit.
(Gastrodon] 100% - [Seviper] 100%)

Announcer: Seviper strikes with a hard-hitting Giga-Drain. it looks like Gastrodon is done for. Gastrodon woke up! Using Earthquake, Seviper gets knocked out! All that set-up for nothing! What a turn of events!
([Gastrodon] 38% - [Seviper] 0%)
Score: 5-4 Me

Announcer: NS, regretting the process of set-up sends out Pikachu. Ash must be proud! Pikachu strikes with a suprising Grass Knot, that leaves Gastrodon out and Hauntershadow92 suprised.
([Gastrodon] 0% - [Pikachu] 100%)
Score: 4-4 Tie

Announcer: Folks, this battle is starting to get fierce. Everyone, we are raising those protective sheilds so no one gets hurts. Haha, I'm joking, we don't have sheilds. In replacement for Gastrodon, Hauntershadow92 sends out Granbull again. But Pikachu being much faster, shoots out a Thunderbolt and wipes Granbull out. Hauntershadow92 is suprised yet again!
([Granbull] 0% - [Pikachu] 100%)
Score: 3-4 NS

Announcer: Hauntershadow92 switches in Kangaskhan to deal with the little rat. Pikachu launches yet another Thunderbolt and leaves Kangaskhan wishing she was dead. But Kangaskhan Returns the favor and wipes out Pikachu. Suck that Ash.
([Kangaskhan] 1% [PRLZed] - [Pikachu] 0%)

Announcer: NS brings back an old friend, Glaceon, who quickly Ice Beams Kangaskhan to kingdaka.
([Kangaskhan] 0% - [Glaceon] 35%)

Announcer: Things are looking very sullen forHauntershadow92, as he sends out Scyther to face another Ice Beam. Frozen and barely holding, but lucky enough to still be alive. Too bad it was taken out next turn by another Ice Beam.
([Scyther] 0% - [Glaceon] 35%)
Score: 1-3 NS

Announcer: I have no idea what Hauntershadow92 was trying to do with Scyther, but what ever. Out comes Pulsate, his Politoed. Glaceon lets another Ice Beam rip, doing minimal damage, while Politoed is issued the command to use BellyDrum. After his attack was raised, Politoed decided to eat his Salac Berry and now he is very fast!
([Politoed] 21% - [Glaceon] 35%)

Announcer: NS tries to get an attack in from Glaceon, but dies quickly to Politoed's Waterfall. NS then chooses to send Raticate out to a watery death. This is not looking favorable to NS. He attempts to dispose of Politoed with Driftblim, but is finished off with an Ice Punch. Hauntershadow92 wins the match. What an intense match. a great way to end this lovley morning. Though, it really isn't lovley, and this is a computer, so weather isn't an option!
([Politoed] 21% - [Glaceon] 0% - [Raticate] 0% - [Driftblim] 0%)
Final Score: 1-0 Me.

Hauntershadow92: GG
NS: GG

Props:
-NS for a tight and awsomely fought match.
-Great prediction skills throughout.
-Politoed for showing that he can Bellydrum and use moves otehr than Return and Waterfall.
-Pikachu for showing me that Ash is a horrible trainer and a real Pikachu is a lot better.

Slops:
-Me for not realizing Glaceon was Scarfed.
-So much Haxzor in that match.
-Me for not knowing enough about UU to realize Pikachu uses Grass Knot

I hope you liked my story and format. Though I can't really say it is my format, I copied it from some recent Warstories that got good comments. I know i made some minor errors, like the Glaceon being Scarfed and Pika holding Grass Knot, but it was a great battle nontheless. I'm not adding pics of Pokes, because if this was in the Anime or Real Life, you would not be able to know what your opponents Pokemon were ahead of time, and since it staged like a realt battle, that was my desicion. Thank you for reading!

Well, I thought there was a lot of Haxzor. I mean, My Gastrodon woke up in time to OHKO his Seviper, which would have OHKOed it back next turn. Hypnosis missing a few times and Sleep talk failing so many times.

Great War Story and nice comeback. I really thought he had you beat there. If Gastrodon hadn't woken up, you probably would have lost, though. I almost pity Nightstalker, I hate losing to Hax.

No matter what I post, you all want to nitpick the minor details and trash me for it, don't you? If you really want, I will go delete that Haxzor comment. But, IMO I see it as a lot of Haxzor.

Oh. You. Your teh ONLy person I have seen that doesn't like this format. So I'm seriously going to ignore that comment. I'm not to fond of it myself, but it makes it a lot more interesting than the standerd log. And, please don't post if you have nothing constructive to say. Stating what you hate and not offereing suggestions is not in any way desirable. I could care less that you hate the format. One reader isn't a big deal to me.

Im posting my comments about the story. I dont like the format its written in, so i didn't read it. Thats constructive criticism.

I actually enjoyed the warstory since I find UU interesting. I didnt have problems with the format

Im posting my comments about the story. I dont like the format its written in, so i didn't read it. Thats constructive criticism.
No. That is definatly NOT constructive at all. If it were constructive Critisism, then you would have told me what was wrong, then told me how to fix it. But seeing that you are in the minority here, I don't care what you say about the format.

@Fenikkusu: Ok. I will go back and place the Pokemon's names in.

@Kira: Thank you!

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus

That's not friggin comments about the story then. If you didn't read the damn thing, then do us all a favour and don't make comments at all. No one wants to hear that you didn't read it, nor does anyone care.

Heh, I just read the warstory myself, and I actually liked it quite a bit, this is a humongous improvement, I think you've found a good style! Awesome job!

Hauntershadow: Go Volcun! My trusty Ninetails!
Nightstalker: Glaceon, do your thing!
Announcer: Glaceon, comes out with a huge Shadow Ball. Volcun holds on enough to use Hypnosis. Too bad it missed!
([Ninetails] 65% - [Glaceon] 100%)

Announcer: Glaceon dishes out another Shadow Ball. How will Hauntershadow92's Ninetails hold out? Ninetails attempts another Hypnosis. This time with success!
([Ninetails] 26% - [Glaceon] 100%)

Announcer: Nightstalker withdraws his Glaceon in return for Lapras. In the meantime Hauntershadow92's Ninetails boosts its Special attack with Nasty Plot.
([Ninetails] 65% - [Lapras] 100%)
how did ninetails come from 65 to 26 back to 65?

This was an alright battle, and a definite improvement over your ten-turn BellyZard sweep, but why did he keep on using Sleep Talk with Glaceon? When you hold a Choice item, you can only use Sleep Talk once before it fails. But that's just a minor thing, good warstory.

typo duh... nitpick

--to TC
Great story i enjoyed it good job on the format it reminded me of PBR announcer (good thing). how long did it take?

Im suprised at ppl in this thread.. so rude....
It took me 1-2 hours to write, but only 7 minutes for the battle to take place.

@Jujuomi: I guess I missed that when I went back. I'll go fix that now.

@Blazekin: I can't find a logical reason to keep sleep talking. So I have no idea. And thanks.

I really liked the format as regards the announcer, although I do feel that text needed to be broken up a little more, whether that was through pictures are even just more spacing between the sections.
(I know you chose not to incorporate pictures at the beginning but you could reveal them gradually as I did in my last warstory ...)

About the DMG's ... I found their inclusion a little contradictory to the scenario you were trying to create. If pictures are discounted on the basis that this was "staged like a real battle" then surely we as spectators would also not have access to a handy summary of damage at the end of every turn?

I really liked the format as regards the announcer, although I do feel that text needed to be broken up a little more, whether that was through pictures are even just more spacing between the sections.
(I know you chose not to incorporate pictures at the beginning but you could reveal them gradually as I did in my last warstory ...)

About the DMG's ... I found their inclusion a little contradictory to the scenario you were trying to create. If pictures are discounted on the basis that this was "staged like a real battle" then surely we as spectators would also not have access to a handy summary of damage at the end of every turn?
I see...And how does that make you feel? No, I seriously understand. I guess triple space between every Paragraph. Next time I will add Pokemon pics before each Paragraph. And I see the DMGs part, but I thought it would be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)