Beyond Good & Evil 2 still exists! NEW VIDEO!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.bgemyth.net/?page=news/afficher_news.php&news=1007

Video of the prototype in 2009. Michel Ancel has said that they can't accomplish what they want with current generation consoles and are waiting for the next generation. If you have not played Beyond Good & Evil, go purchase the HD version on XBLA or PSN. Or buy the original on Steam (PC). Or track down a GameCube (best non-HD version), PS2, or Xbox version.

Right now. Go.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
agree with Firestorm, original Beyond Good & Evil is definitely one of my top 10 games. XBLA version is a great purchase

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
Played it again recently and it doesn't really hold up too well in the wake of uncharted, assassin's creed, etc. the overworld is SO small and the combat is just button mashing

the camera stuff is cool though

Played it again recently and it doesn't really hold up too well in the wake of uncharted, assassin's creed, etc. the overworld is SO small and the combat is just button mashing

the camera stuff is cool though
Man, people like you make me sad.

Thinking about getting this, saw my brother playing it for a little. Right now its only 6 bucks on Steam but that ends in 6 hours. I think I may get it but I am unsure of what exactly you do in the game? Like do you just walk around doing quests? Are there any games similar to it?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like if you enjoy Zelda and are interested in a game like that but without any combat, this would be a good game for you.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah, for someone who has never played it, could anyone give a quick rundown of the game?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got the PC version for $1 so long ago. I forgot about playing it when I switched computers and over the summer I got back to where I was. I think the news of the HD version didn't help me want to play mine (even though I doubt I'll buy that version what I have is good).

It's one of those games you have to at least try out, even if it's not a good as the current gen. The fact that they are waiting to pull off the sequel has me very excited nonetheless.

Soooooo happy!!! Still one of my favorite games of all time.

Yeah, for someone who has never played it, could anyone give a quick rundown of the game?
Hack and Slash + Stealth + Racing + Minigames + Pokemon Snap = Beyond Good & Evil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)