Other Metagames [BH] THE TWIN GODS

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.
THE TWIN GODS

first off I'm gonna say this team is far from perfect. its just one I liked and wanted to showcase/make a sample for. but to say the least I am very proud of this team and I feel like if used right it can do pretty well if you know how to use it.

PEAK TBD

Shedinja @ Protective Pads **suffering
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- U-turn
- Spikes

Improofed by: Mega-Gengar but hazards can be set,

my opinion along with many others is that rocks shed is the best set it can run by far. it can both be used as a terrifying offensive threat if there are no ghosts on the field or a superb wall/scout when it needs to, its also used as an Improof for 1/3 of the mons on the team, those being MMX and MMY. The moveset is self-explanatory aside from spikes. Endeavor and extreme speed are needed on this pokemon, u-turn is used for slow pivoting into another mon if you need to. Lastly, spikes are for mandatory hazards on this team, but the main reason I chose spikes is it pressures stuff like Groudon, Giratina, and Zygarde more because I have no solid way to deal with them. this mon does not have an Improof because it can't do much against this team anyway aside from getting spikes down but those are easily dealt with by Mega-Mewtwo-X. Minimum stats aside from Attack is so imposter gets hit as hard as possible.

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Scarf **requiem
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

Improofed by: Chansey

Scarf Gengar-Mega brings a lot of offensive support to the team as it can outspeed speed most of its threats like Mega-Mewtwo-X, Mewtwo-Mega-Y, and other Gengars and OHKO with Moongeist beam, it also deals with things that are faster than everything else on the team like Sceptile-Mega, Aerodactyl-Mega, and Beedrill-Mega, it also can beat help the team beat Diancie as it doesn't take much from its Pixilate priority. the Moveset is made of Moongeist beam, which is it's strongest STAB option that doesn't require the use of an item, the next move is ice beam which deals with Sceptile, Rayquaza and other dragons that are weak to it, its secondary STAB option is sludge wave which can deal with Xerneas and can hurt Normal Types and other fairies or grass types with a small chance of inflicting poison upon being hit with the attack. its final move is volt switch, where it can predict and switch and gain momentum off of it to another offensive pokemon. Gengar is Improofed by non-imposter Chansey where it can wall it and thus forcing it to switch out or use the opportunity to get rocks up.

(Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Expert Belt **earthshock
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Close Combat

Improofed by: Shedinja

Expert Belt Mewtwo is a set I haven't used much but it is a surprisingly very effective bluffing tool. this mons primary use is to have some priority on the team and to keep opposing hazards off the field while also being a threat to mons that would normally threaten it like Giratina and Zygarde. it can also do very well against mons like Registeel causing this mon not having very many answers aside from offensive pressure. but beware of Gengar because it can freely come in on Mewtwo and OHKO it. the Moveset is made of rapid spin, which when affected by Pixilate, it allows Mewtwo to spin on any mon in the metagame allowing it to easily keep rocks down. secondly is extreme speed which gives the team priority for revenge killing faster or boosted threats that don't have Dazzling, and Boomburst is for dragons that try to switch in on it and Mewtwo-Mega-X, lastly, it gets Close Combat for steels and certain dark types. The reason it does not have photon geyser is so Shedinja can Improof it freely.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb **signature move man
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Precipice Blades
- Light of Ruin
- Volt Tackle

Improofed By: Shedinja

First off, Thanks for Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) for the MMY set. MMY's role is for breaking and cleaning most if not the entirety of their team. from the looks of it this set doesn't seem too good, but when you a closer look it hits almost every wall in the metagame super effectively (common walls it beats). Be careful of regenvesters and Shedinja though. but knock off can help with the matchup of both Regenvesters and FC Chansey, Knock off can also hit Gengar and MMY. Precipice Blades is one of the more important moves on the team where it can hurt bulky steels and Groudon which threatens the team greatly. the main way to hit dragon and dark types are Light of Ruin which is its strongest option on neutral targets and can OHKO many things like Yveltal, Tyranitar, and Mega-Mewtwo-X. finally volt tackle for water and flying types like ho-oh and Kyogre. MMY is improofed by shedinja but you will most likely need to take a knock off so keep that in mind. on the contrary, you can also hit imposter super effectively with Knock Off

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet **kars
Ability: Prankster
Hasty Nature
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond
- U-turn
- Haze

Improof: Self

Registeel provides the team with much-needed support against sweepers and Gengar, the reason why I chose Registeel over the others is that it can become a switch-in to Gengar if it's needed while other pranksters like Giratina cannot. but when it comes to the moveset, shore up is pretty much needed as its recovery so you can keep switching in or checking sweepers, the same goes with haze as you need it to actually prevent them from sweeping, my last two moves are Destiny Bond and U-turn, the reason why I chose Destiny bond is it can force a trade with a threatening mon like normalize Gengar or belly drum Mega-Mewtwo-X. and for U-turn, it's used for momentum and punishes imposter for trying to u-turn on it, along with non-protective pad variants of shedinja that or ones that have possibly been knocked off.

Chansey @ Eviolite **night rider
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

Last but not least, the final mon on the team is Eviolite imposter Chansey. Chansey gives the team the ability to scout for ability ignoring moves for shedinja and to help figure out what sets the opposing team even has. the moveset on this one is really easy to figure out, metal burst so it can at least threaten something when its ability is not active, Whirlwind is to remove impostered walls, shore up is for recovery. and finally, stealth rock is for hazard stacking if you are facing a bulky team.

suffering (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- U-turn
- Spikes

requiem (Gengar-Mega) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

earthshock (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pixilate
Hasty Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Close Combat

signature move man (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Precipice Blades
- Light of Ruin
- Volt Tackle

kars (Registeel) @ Rocky Helmet
Hasty Nature
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond
- U-turn
- Haze

night rider (Chansey) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Metal burst
- Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock
SilverLucario42 - First on my list of many is SilverLucario, it felt like only yesterday since we met, thank you for being a great friend and undeniably the best player on the BH Competitive Scene, thank you for all of the battling advice and staying with me on my daily ragequits, hope to see more unsets in gen 8!

a loser shoutouts to you for being a great person and helping me getting into BH

The Living Legends - I know I haven't gotten to know you two very much, but you guys are really cool and have helped me a lot in competitive battling.

I might give more shoutouts later.
Primal Groudon: this mon is undeniably the biggest threat for the team. as I don't really have an answer for this pokemon, I suppose you could play around it with shedinja and MMY, aside from that good luck as it OHKO's every mon on the team and can trap imposter
Gengar: this mon isn't nearly as big of an issue as Groudon but it's a tiny bit annoying, at least I have 2 mons that can outspeed and kill an unboosted Gengar so that's good, but if it sets up it could be an issue.
Belly Drum MMX: if this sets up its probably game over unless mmx is dead. not much else to say here.
Sleep: yeah. not fun, nothing to say here, just sack a mon to sleep that isn't needed that much

Last edited:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, nice team and thanks for the shout-out! So I've used this team for about 10 games so far and it is pretty fun to use. I'm generally not a fan of Scarf Gengar since it is fairly one-dimensional in its role as a revenge killer but it is still effective at that.

As long as you keep hazards off, the improofing is pretty nice on this team. If rocks are up though, Imposter has to be played around very carefully. Like it might mean sacking Registeel, that is if he is healthy enough to switch in in the first place.

There are some small but important tweaks to make on your last two team members though. Registeel has the wrong nature and doesn't want speed EVs if it is a slow pivot. It will appreciate the extra defensive after changing from the -Def nature. Chansey also has the wrong nature. Timid with 252 EVs would make more sense on a Final Gambit version, but with Metal Burst you really want +SpD and -Spe to act as a special wall when not transformed.

kars (Registeel) @ Rocky Helmet
Hasty
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond
- U-turn
- Haze

night rider (Chansey) (M) @ Eviolite
Timid
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

I even got a couple replays against two solid players and one solid team. I didn't save it, but I did play around a Primal Groudon thanks to it having Misty Surge + Sacred Fire lol. But again, cool team and keep on building!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-983216132
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-983240421
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-983235984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)