SS OU Bigas Gigas Support (Regigigas Screens Offense) looking for tips

Despite its horrible ability I’ve always liked Regigigas and with pokeaims most recent video being about the big man I felt there would be no better time to try to make it slightly viable in singles.
(And come on tell me the nickname Bigas Gigas isn’t just perfect)
———————————————————————

93570563-4AFC-4FE1-8F77-F80E4BFF9942.jpeg

Bigas Gigas (Regigigas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 248 SpD / 252 Def / 8 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Knock Off

As it has legendary status it’s stats are pretty good it’s mainly held back by slow start. Substitute to stall for some of the 5 turns and hopefully allow for a few power-up punch set ups. Drain punch to heal itself outside of leftovers and knock off because it would be otherwise walled by ghost types. You can also run protect over power-up punch if you want safer stall turns. Max defense and special defense because I wanted him to be as bulky as possible for power-up punch set up

———————————————————————
B2E2E149-636E-48E3-8242-23F581E86B49.png

Bear Bones (Tapu Koko) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt

I figured one of the only ways Regigigas would be able to stay alive and set up power-up punches was with dual screens support and tapu koko was the first option I saw. It also serves as a fast as a fast pivot catching the opponents switches with u-turn. I was thinking about replacing thunderbolt with Defog because the team as it stands has no rocks removal and with roost it could provide more longevity for the screens.
———————————————————————
67B58721-505D-46C5-B8A7-20141098FEB8.png

Roided Up (Buzzwole) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch

When making the team I was immensely worried about our kartana matchup and buzzwole just so happens to counter it chipping it down with rocky helmet. Ice punch to hit lando-t and garchomp hard and close combat and leech life are STAB
———————————————————————
8BAFB94A-8D44-48A7-A7DA-3D69D7304506.png

Paper Thin (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

As much as I was scared of the kartana matchup I also thought a swords dance set would fit perfectly on the team since it would be able to setup more safely with screens. Leaf blade is STAB, sacred sword to deal with iron defense corv, ferrothorn and other kartana if you win the speed tie. Knock off nails slowbro and slowking galar as well flying types that try to check kartana.

———————————————————————
EB88BC71-341C-4B4D-BED4-3918680D46F7.png

Bet Winner (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

As I’m writing this I’m starting to rethink the Lele choice on the team but can’t really think of a better option :psynervous:. I thought powerful wall-breakers would appreciate the screens support as they would not have to fear being knocked out in one hit. Lele and Kartana do a good job of taking care of the threats Gigas hates so he can more safely set up, and Lele does great at forcing progress and serves as speed control.
———————————————————————
827F095B-688C-43B8-8B44-7F4B5267F2A8.png

Bench Warmer (Slowking) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport

My thought process was that even with the screens nothing wants to switch into moves that will chip our wall-breakers and since I already had a physical tank slowking seemed more appealing than slowbro. Scald to spread burns and future sight which pairs well with terrain set by Lele. Slack off to keep itself healthy and teleport to get safe switch ins for the rest of the team.

———————————————————————

Bravo for reading all of this your reward is the team
https://pokepast.es/3919e01e1011b1ec

I hope it does you well on the ladder, and before you go rating the team I’m open to Pokémon changes moveset changes and EV spread changes but remember the whole team was built around Gigas, so what would be the point in removing it?

have a nice day :) and no I did not proof read it

Attachments

Last edited:
I am not the best rater but nobody else seems to be helping and I want to try to help.

I currently see that your team is missing
- A Ground Type
- Removal
- Hazards

MAJOR CHANGES:

:Kartana: -> :Landorus-Therian:
What I see firstly is that you have no ground type. Your two electric resists have no recovery and one is a kartana. Many things freely click thunderbolts especially as your special wall is a water type. For that I recommend this change. This swap was hard to make as removing buzzwole would greatly worsen our kart MU so I had to remove some offense, however lando hits hard (enough) and can rack up stealth rock damage on the enemy to hopefully patch up the hole. Your team will benefit from a Lando as it fixes all three of the problems I found earlier. I know this change removes your steel type but I hope to fix that with this next change (plus kart has like no defense so can't really function as a defensive steel anyway.)

:Slowking: -> :Ferrothorn:
This was another hard change to make but a steel type is just so valuable right now. Slowking was the only replaceable slot without destroying the concept of the team or making more holes. So I had to find another special tank that is also a water resist so we don't just lose to rain. Ferrothorn was the immediate thought and I really like it this way as Ferro can stack more hazards to chip things for Gigas to chunk mons later into the game.

MINOR CHANGES:

:Tapu-Lele:
As I removed your future sight user, I think the Lele moveset can replace shadow ball for future sight as I agree with you on it's importance here.

Bet Winner (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball -> Future Sight

The team could now be more of a balance or BO than offense but I feel like it was still a little too flimsy so I had to add some more bulk.

Those are all of my changes! With these the team would look like this:
https://pokepast.es/68e447f0ed858df2

By the way, the 4th move on Ferro is interchangable, you can run Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Protect, Thunder Wave whatever you want!

Take my advice, or don't. I won't feel offended I'm just giving my view, overall I really like the concept and wish you luck on the ladder!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)