Board Games: The Movie

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Go has its own manga series / anime / TV specials...

Obata's art and characters are so awesome looking!!

You can see how at the end of Hikaru no Go, his art becomes more more similar to the style he used for Death Note:

Chess has its own musical.

It is probably the nadir of all human creation.

It requires a large suspension of disbelief, but it's actually quite decent.
It tells an interesting enough tale of Cold War tension in addition to its sillier elements (cliche love story and a questionable premise.) Plus it has a tragic ending, which is always a plus. :D

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
When I said probably I didnt mean I was assuming just based on the name, I actually played in chess the musical once..

To be fair, in the pit you do miss a lot of the plot. My judgement was mostly about the music.

That movie sound actually interestng for what i read

One movie i would be interested to see is Monopoly, in a world were everything's on sale, and were a world bank controls every economy that there is, a man has to fight it's way across the globe in a red cadillac, beating millionare taxes, blowing the five stars hotels in where he is trapped, and scaping from jail... just to return home.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That movie sound actually interestng for what i read

One movie i would be interested to see is Monopoly, in a world were everything's on sale, and were a world bank controls every economy that there is, a man has to fight it's way across the globe in a red cadillac, beating millionare taxes, blowing the five stars hotels in where he is trapped, and scaping from jail... just to return home.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In a world where everyone is the same, Charles just wants to stand out, to be different. Once war breaks out, he climbs the social ladder quickly, stepping over friend and foe alike to reach the top. He becomes the new king of a new order. This is...King Me! The Checkers Movie

One man, Blue, lives a tough life, surrounded by death and misery. Can he find his soulmate, Pink, and drive off into the sunset behind the Big White Mansion in the Red Car? This is The Game of LIFE: The Movie.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If the plot twist for both is actually that the scenario was just kids pretending all the crap while playing the board game I'll be pissed.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A teenage orphan finds himself alone and penniless on the mean streets of Chinatown. He does what he must to survive. In doing so, he brings unwanted attention to himself by the local kingpin who rules the area. While being pursued by thugs, he comes across a kindly old man who fights off the attackers with several marble-based attacks. The old man then takes the orphan in and teaches him the ancient ways so that he may traverse through the seedy, underground Chinese Checkers network, combat the kingpin and avenge the death of his parents.

This summer, Stephen Chow and Jaden Smith star in...

Chinese Checkers: Street Wars

In the dark suburbs of western Manhattan...
A single father gets home from the bar after working minimum wage...

"We know the dark secrets he keeps beneath his tight lips...
Our father sleeps every night away with a half-pint at the bedside and a gun under the mattress...
..but one night we needed a little snack."

Cut to a blurred image, the sound of a box falling, and a gasp

This is Don't Wake Daddy.

The scene opens with a close-knit pack of rustic farmers from the lands of the Reds. The Reds are comprised of families, lovers, and strangers going out to explore and conquer this brave new world. Although they have friends nearby with whom to share resources and grow together, there are... others. Pioneers who would steal their land, block their travel, and take the food, the livestock, and the supplies for their own. But this land does not allow for multiple groups of frontiersmen. Resources are scarse, and even the most plentiful fields and quarries can wind up barren and desolate, even just after recent periods of bounty. In this land, wealth is determined by fate.

It's a timeless story of competition in new lands. The struggle to build settlements and cities, to take ports, and to build a lasting empire. In this new West, the Reds must learn to support themselves, but also to trade when the time is right. "What is more important RIGHT NOW," they must ask themselves. "Wood... or brick?" They cannot be too trusting, for the competition could swing ahead at any time, building a new road to seal a landlock for the Reds. They must decide where to settle. The 6 brick? Or the sheep port? And they will have to negotiate with the mysterious Robber from the Desert, or build a military force strong enough to repel him, before they lose everything.

THIS SUMMER, settle into a theater near you to watch
Settlers
of
Catan

An elephant trunk stands tall over this large city. You become an instant billionaire if you catch a flourescent butterfly after it is spewed out of the trunk. However, you must have one of the four legendeary cheap plastic nets to do so. And 4 C batteries. And so, a dangerous game of friends, jealousy, and traitors begins. This is....

Elefun
the
Elephant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)