Brave Vesperia

Hey Guys! Pepsi/Kobra/Reiko here with my First RMT I like the team personally but idk ive gotten to a ranking of 1457 so its decent at least. Shout out to my boys in Brave Vesperia!

At A Glance:

THE TEAM!

Gasoline (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Ahh Scarf rachi, honestly even though outclassed, fits perfectly for this team. It outspeeds Dragonite at +1 and revenge kills with an unexpected ice punch. Great U-Turner, and a Scizor counter. Honestly, Ive tried scizor over jirachi and it doesnt work as well so I know rachi is the poke of choice here.

Pepsi (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

This thing is a monster. 1. Best revenge killer in the game. 2. TTar Bait and free Terrakion setup. 3. Trick Cripples Ferro(Or any wall really) on the expected D-Meteor. I like Latios because its either gonna knock out a poke with no issue, or bait yourself for a free setup. Latios really puts the team together.

SHOTTA (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

Obvious reasons why this big guys on my team lol. Ice Beam for gliscor switches, Superpower for other Ttars, The works lol. I've debated hippowdon but I'm too lazy to try it plus TTar seems to be the fad so why not use what the cool kids are using right? lol. TTar doesnt ever do anything though, maybe i should switch,

Zero (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 255 HP / 255 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

First Off Let me say that THIS THING IS AWESOME! Great Late game sweeper. Saved my ass soooo many times. I <3 You Reuniclus. Like really it destroys after you clear up any counter on the opponents team and if it gets set up theres almost no stopping it. Gotta love easy wins with Reuniclus.

Ex-SOLDIER (Terrakion) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Terrakion. You are a motherfucking Monster. Might wanna name you Tyler The Creator hahaha. At One SD or RP It Sweeps teams. Im Debating putting Sub over RP though. I never end up using it and i Can see sub being more helpful. Idk Lemme Know! Anyways, Terrakion is a monster at Adament no SD it gets 392 Attack and stab Close Combat and Stone Edge. I used it over Excadrill before it went uber.

Walrus (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Def / 72 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

Gliscors a newer poke I have on this team. Its worked better then Landorus. Basically this guys a filler mainly because im not sure what to put here lol. I like him though he helps some with tanking. I origanally used this for a 2nd Excadrill counter before it went uber, but I've never really found a good replacement now that its gone. So I Kinda just left it here. It is pretty fun sweeping with though lol.

Importable:
Gasoline (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Pepsi (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

SHOTTA (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

Zero (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 255 HP / 255 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Ex-SOLDIER (Terrakion) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Walrus (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Def / 72 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

Edit:
Replaced Latios with...
Ozma (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Please Rate Thank You!

Hey there.

Powerful rain sweepers such as Starmie and Specs Politoed are major problems for this team. Sun teams will tear this team apart as well since Tyranitar dies very easily to Dugtrio. The offensive combination of Rotom-W + Scizor will also cause major problems as nothing on your team can defeat both of them.

In order to have a much more reliable way to switch into powerful water attacks (since Latios has no recovery move), and in order to defeat most of your other weaknesses, I suggest that you run a Calm Mind Latias over Specs Latios.

CM Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Latias can sponge water attacks quite easily, and can easily decimate Scizor with Hidden Power Fire after a bit of prior damage. Latias also provides you with another answer to CM Virizion and Nasty Plot Celebi, and can defeat most variants of Venusaur 1 on 1.

Also, I suggest switching Tyranitar to a Specially Defensive Variant. This will help Latias wall the opponent on the special side, being able to provide you with an answer to Volcarona outside of Terrakion. It can also trap and destroy Latios with Pursuit, preventing it from dealing major damage to the rest of your team. The EV Spread for this Tyranitar is 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef with a Careful Nature. The moveset is Rock Slide / Crunch / Pursuit / Stealth Rock.

Finally, run an Impish nature on Gliscor and change the EV Spread to 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Speed. Jolly Gliscor with 72 Speed really does not outspeed anything notable; Impish provides it with better defenses. Max HP lets it take hits, in general, better. Also, run Taunt over Protect. Taunt will stop pokemon such as Forretress from setting up entry hazards on you, which is especially important seeing as how you do not have a rapid spinner. It can also make Gliscor a much more dangerous threat to stall teams, as pokemon such as Skarmory cannot stop Gliscor's sweep with Whirlwind.

Overall, solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

SuperKnuckles

Heyyy!!! The team is weak to Scizor & Rotom-W, 2 common pokes in a team. I perfer Fire Blast on Tyranitar Instead of Ice Beam and give sp def evs to that ttar. I would give Latios hp fire to scizors and Life orb. Otherwise, Its a very Good team :) I like it!

Good Luck with it

I would prefer the standard TTar: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/tyranitar

This guy is right about Scizor but then Gliscor will kill you if you don't have Ice Beam.
Heyyy!!! The team is weak to Scizor & Rotom-W, 2 common pokes in a team. I perfer Fire Blast on Tyranitar Instead of Ice Beam and give sp def evs to that ttar. I would give Latios hp fire to scizors and Life orb. Otherwise, Its a very Good team :) I like it!

Good Luck with it
Crunch is generally better than Stone Edge on a defensive TTar 'cause 1) You won't risk the miss, 2) Defense drops are better than crits, and 3) It still hits like truck to anyone that doesn't resist it.

As far as I'm concerned, your TTar needs no Superpower since you already have a Gliscor and Terrakion to check other TTars.

Two pokes with choice items is a situation that is very hard to handle. I recommend that you use the specially defensive rachi because Wish passing is always good and your Pokes are really weak against offensive rain teams. Latios will have a hard time switching into a powerful Hydro Pump even if it's resisted. And in a weather war, whoever sets his weather last, usually wins. So it's better to keep your TTar alive with Wish.

Hey there.

Powerful rain sweepers such as Starmie and Specs Politoed are major problems for this team. Sun teams will tear this team apart as well since Tyranitar dies very easily to Dugtrio. The offensive combination of Rotom-W + Scizor will also cause major problems as nothing on your team can defeat both of them.

In order to have a much more reliable way to switch into powerful water attacks (since Latios has no recovery move), and in order to defeat most of your other weaknesses, I suggest that you run a Calm Mind Latias over Specs Latios.

CM Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Latias can sponge water attacks quite easily, and can easily decimate Scizor with Hidden Power Fire after a bit of prior damage. Latias also provides you with another answer to CM Virizion and Nasty Plot Celebi, and can defeat most variants of Venusaur 1 on 1.

Also, I suggest switching Tyranitar to a Specially Defensive Variant. This will help Latias wall the opponent on the special side, being able to provide you with an answer to Volcarona outside of Terrakion. It can also trap and destroy Latios with Pursuit, preventing it from dealing major damage to the rest of your team. The EV Spread for this Tyranitar is 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef with a Careful Nature. The moveset is Rock Slide / Crunch / Pursuit / Stealth Rock.

Finally, run an Impish nature on Gliscor and change the EV Spread to 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Speed. Jolly Gliscor with 72 Speed really does not outspeed anything notable; Impish provides it with better defenses. Max HP lets it take hits, in general, better. Also, run Taunt over Protect. Taunt will stop pokemon such as Forretress from setting up entry hazards on you, which is especially important seeing as how you do not have a rapid spinner. It can also make Gliscor a much more dangerous threat to stall teams, as pokemon such as Skarmory cannot stop Gliscor's sweep with Whirlwind.

Overall, solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!
Thanks for the rate. Im Trying CM Latias right now its working ok so far :]

Good Luck with it
Nah I Dont like LO Latios. Its kinda bad imo. but thanks for the rate!

Hey there, nice team overall.

If Starmie is a threat you may want to try a Scarf T-tar instead. It can revenge latios and starmie with pursuit trap or crunch. Here is the set
Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Sand Stream
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Also, if you're worried about DDnite I'd put Deoxys-S with ice beam and SR for the multiscale. EVs and moveset is up to you.
Good luck with the team :]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So yea, I looked at your team, but I honestly didn't find anything to change; it's a pretty solid team to begin with. ShakeItUp gave you a great suggestion in Latias, which will let you stomach Wisps, Scalds, and Water / Electric moves much better, as well as fending off Rotom-W / Scizor combination. Latias also provides some solid Sun resistance, although your team is still weak to Sun Volcarona once Ttar is removed. You can possibly resolve this by replacing Jirachi with ScarfTran. It can still revenge Dragonite by surprise if you go Timid, and although it lacks the surprise value, it's not a shabby revenge killer for Scizor either. You cover your Volcarona problem by having two counters.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
60 HP | 252 SAtk | 196 Spe
~ Fire Blast
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Earth Power

Heatran comfortably survives an Outrage from CB Haxorus and has 37% chance to OHKO it with Dragon Pulse (100% OHKO with SR). HP Ice is for Dragonite and Tornadus (if Raining). Earth Power is for opposing Heatrans on the switch or CBTerrakion. You can go Modest if you like the extra killing power, since Dragonite without EQ can't really kill Heatran anyways.

It has just enough Speed to outrun Adamant Gyarados at +1 (hey may come in handy), and the rest is dumped in HP to take hits better.

I like how Reuniclus and Latias can weaken each other's main threats, while Terrakion can exploit Ttar / Blissey / Chansey switch-ins to own shit.

If anything, I'd say give Gliscor Taunt so that stuff like Skarmory wont Spike-up on your team, but that's a matter of preference, really. Also, go Jolly on Terrakion, the Speed is much more crucial than the power boost. Being forced out by offensive Jirachi, Ninetales, or Mienshao won't be fun.

You can go with ShakeItUp's Specially-Defensive Ttar, but it does provide an easy switch-in to threatening mons, such as Scrafty (albeit rare), Ferrothorn, and Terrakion. I'd probably remove Rock Slide for Superpower; Crunch still does a shit-ton to most Volcarona, and you also got Heatran (in sun) / Terrakion (in sand) as back-ups.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would change the nicknames to be those of the members of Brave Vesperia. I am very let down by the false advertising in this topic title.

Yo Pepsi, this is the team I raped I see ;) But yeah, the team is quite nice :) ScarfTar can do work on your team however with a few fancy switches, and beware of ScarfTar with Ice Beam (Uncommon I know, but I've used it and it works.) That's about the only criticism i have. :]
Also I like the fact that you're using Choice Scarf Jirachi; very anti-metagame (Y)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team overall. But the sets on this team seem a little outdated. First of all, swap Gliscor's EV spread to 252 Hp/ 216 Spe/ 40 Def with a Jolly Nature. This allows Gliscor to outspeed all Lucario and Toxicroak, so it will defeat them regardless of Ice Punch. I also suggest running Taunt over Protect. This ensures that Skarmory/ Forretress don't set up Spikes in your face, while also ensuring that pokemon such as Jirachi and Scizor can't set up and overpower you. Taunt also allows Gliscor to assist Terrakion in breaking stall.

I would like to second ShakeItUp's suggestion of using a Specially Defensive Tyranitar over your current version. Mixtar's main purpose was to lure in Gliscor and facilitate an Excadrill sweep. Since Exca is now banned, there really is no more reason to run Ice Beam. Go with the exact set ShakeItUp suggested. Crunch and Pursuit allow you to put the Latii twins into a checkmate position. While Rock Slide is a useful STAB for bringing down the likes of Volcorona and Specs Tornadus.

Finally, I suggest running Life Orb over Air Balloon. Like your Gliscor set, Air Balloon Double Booster is a set tailored for the Excadrill era. Life Orb allows Terrakion to absolutely maul Hyper Offense teams after a Rock Polish boost, since a LO boosted Close Combat/ Stone Edge is more than enough to OHKO most set up sweepers. Terrakion actually has a higher chance of beating Gliscor with Life Orb than Air Balloon. After SR damage, Life Orb Stone Edge has the potential to OHKO. Air Balloon variants on the other hand, could fail to 2HKO due to Stone Edge's shit accuracy . Oh yeah, and don't drop Rock Polish for Substitute, RP Terrakion and Trick Room Reuniclus together ensure that Hyper Offense teams will wish they'd never played you.

I suggest you change scarf rachi to scarf landorus and gliscor to skarmory.

Landorus@Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
252 Attk, 252 Spd, 4 SpA
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-U-turn

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP, 228 Def, 28 Spd
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
-Roost

They are better pokemon than what you have now and I think they will work well for your team. I also suggest you change your tyranitar set to something like this:

Tyranitar@Chople Berry
Sassy Nature
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Spd (to outspeed other ttars)
-Stealth Rocks
-Superpower
-Crunch
-Pursuit (to deal with latios and latias better)

With crunch and pursuit you can trap latios and play the pursuit crunch mindgame with latias.

@Thundur I might try that. Idk i like Rachis Hax ability lol :] and yeah skarm ill probably use because Gliscor was just a filler tbh.
That TTar is usable but idk if I wanna use it...

@Thundur I might try that. Idk i like Rachis Hax ability lol :] and yeah skarm ill probably use because Gliscor was just a filler tbh.
That TTar is usable but idk if I wanna use it...
On ttar you dont need ice beam because latios and (hopefully soon to be landorus if you take my suggestion to consideration) will rape gliscor anyway. Scarf Landorus is 1 million times better than jirachi due to better attack, the ability to outspeed volcorona at +1 and sand power makes it great.

Just nitpicking, your team members still have 255 stats (and this RMT has been up for almost a month) You should really stop the false advertisement in your RMT like Firestorm mentioned earlier. It's pointless tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)