SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

You see, to them, difficulty modes already exist: in the form of team compositions. I don't remember which one, but I think there was an interview before Sword/Shield where their idea of making the game harder is "you start using less or weaker Pokémon".

They think adding proper difficulty modifiers is pointless... and besides, given what they did in BW2, it's best that they don't try.
I know it is unlikely, but the rematch rosters is making me feel some hype about this franchise again. Before the leak I was pretty much content with the fact I would have to wait for rom hacks to play future series titles, but now I have seen the 14 million possibilities and there might be one that can produce a future Pokémon game with difficulty modes. Who knows though, we'll probably get auto revives for important battles or some shit for next gen.

It definitively is. Battle Tower/Frontier/whatever teams are usually stored on a separate spot from the main story ones, which means the boss of each facility is usually given one placeholder mon for their main story entries.

That's how it works in the gen 4/5 games at least.
Same here I believe. There is a separate thing for the battle frontier trainers, but I don't think it's been formatted.

Guessing that & encounter tables will be the next "big" thing put out

From what I saw somehwere, I saw footage of a "square shiny" pokémon being shown as a regular shiny. So, we can deduce that square shiny feature is gone. Shinies are all the same now :)
Recall where you saw that? I assume they will not be present, but if reintroduced, transferred Pokemon into future games will automatically get square shiny applied to them. I believe that is how it works for transferring from Sun and Moon to SWSD.

Recall where you saw that? I assume they will not be present, but if reintroduced, transferred Pokemon into future games will automatically get square shiny applied to them. I believe that is how it works for transferring from Sun and Moon to SWSD.
I watched in 2 places:

Ah great, we're back to the game awkwardly pausing for a moment before the shiny animation. Why was alola the only one that mastered shiny sparkles?
You mean the region where the sparkles included one big ugly star that blocked your view of the Shiny while the sparkles were happening?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
You'd think I'd be done restlessly waiting for leaks after the leaks came out, but they just had to announce a Day 1 patch wold be released before the game comes out and even though they said tomorrow, the Japanese Time Zones means it can be any time now. (I'm guessing in a little under 4 Hours from now.) The Snatch Banette, Power Whip Mr. Mime, and the Special Tauros shows some movesets are going to get changed and/or fixed.

To be fair, we're not supposed to know any of this stuff until the games come out, but I'm complaining anyway because the timing is a pretty annoying coincidence. I'd say it's like they're tormenting the people obsessing over the leaks, but I'm pretty sure they're not and my suffering is just a nice bonus.

I really hope this is just a placeholder...View attachment 384418
For some reason the best part to me is the Serious Nature.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
hey quick question; does the Soul Dew retain its Gen 7-8 effect or has it reverted back to an instant CM?

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Somehow i got the price for the ability patch right, they seriously made a 1 ore = 1 bp convertion rate for this thing only. And i dont see the golden bottle cap anywhere, but is not that important.
At least farming BP is way faster than doing dynamax adventures, turning my ingame party into competitive mons should be easier this time.

Am I looking at things wrong or did Lopunny loose its normal type STABs? Headbutt is the best they give it? Was underwhelming before, now really lame.

Am I looking at things wrong or did Lopunny loose its normal type STABs? Headbutt is the best they give it? Was underwhelming before, now really lame.
Without Return a lot of Normal type Pokemon miss out on good STAB. Did Lopunny ever get Double Edge? Double Edge and Body Slam are the only good physical Normal STABs without Return

Speaking of Return, why did it appear in trailers if it's not in the game? I know that false advertising is a thing but it seems like a weird thing to include briefly if it's not actually in the game.

Without Return a lot of Normal type Pokemon miss out on good STAB. Did Lopunny ever get Double Edge? Double Edge and Body Slam are the only good physical Normal STABs without Return

Speaking of Return, why did it appear in trailers if it's not in the game? I know that false advertising is a thing but it seems like a weird thing to include briefly if it's not actually in the game.
Wasn't it just on screen once as something selected by another pokemon and not actually, like, advertised properly. If anything they might've just overlooked it

Feint Attack is the weirder one since I think they showed it in action?
And also its literally in at least one moveset, which is really weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)