SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

It is strange that Weavile doesn't get Ice Punch by level up. It's a bipedal fighter and its hands are literally covered in ice. Though I guess we'd be here all day if we discussed odd Pokémon movepools.

It is strange that Weavile doesn't get Ice Punch by level up. It's a bipedal fighter and its hands are literally covered in ice. Though I guess we'd be here all day if we discussed odd Pokémon movepools.
There's a whole thread of that over elsewhere in the Orange Islands! Though it's one that is torturous to read because no one who posts there reads the thread lol.

I'm still puzzled by Toxic's distribution, and Rotom straight up losing Defog access. I haven't incorporated the BDSP data into my big charts yet bc I'm expecting changes. Hopium

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qtwteh
So, this kinda flew over my head, but Spiritomb is also tied to NPCs now. (No confirmation for online regular players for obvious reasons)

This makes it much easier to get and future-proof. (Getting a legit Tomb in DP right now would be... rough.)

Edit: Legends-BDSP connection confirmed. Maybe Regional Forms/Cross-Gen Evos will be patched in?

At least you can't say you couldn't get it because you have no friends.

As a filthy pirater, i've actually completed up to the second gym and is currently on the route above solaceon town. In case anyone is interested, I can share my experience with the game. My team is Prinplup, Magby, Tangrowth, Elekid, Honchkrow and Rhyhorn. Obviously, I spawned a lot of them because some of them are version exclusive or are not even available before post game.

-The graphics and animation models are pretty on point imo, they look pretty clean and the chibis are cute. My only complaint is the relative lack of character expressions which can make the chibis look very static. So far, it has defaulted to either a happy / surprised or a stale expression.

-However, the in-battle dialogue and character expressions are excellent. For the first time, the gym leaders feel like they have an actual personality. The companion system with ppl like beryl and mina has also returned and i really love their in battle designs, they look rly cute.

-the underground doesn't need internet so i've taken a tour there. From the looks of it, there are quite a varied selection of pt exclusive mons and you can get them before the second gym so i don't think the lack of the dex wasn't detrimental.

-What's annoying though is the limitations the dp faithfulness impose on the pokemon the opposing trainers use. Not only do the pokemon choices feel very samey but also do the important trainers have weaker pokemon like cherubi gardenia and starly barry at heartthome city. I did notice a change in trainer roster here and there but usually something stupid like 5 bidoofs so yeah.

-Character customization is in veilstone so i haven't got to try it yet.

-You can walk with pokemon after heart thome city which feels like a strange decision choice to me but whatever, following pokemon is always a plus. The only gripe is that your following mon can fail to keep up with your pace but maybe this is the same as swsh dlc i haven't played those.

-I'm not against exp share but it should have a toggle off option; there's no excuse about that. Still I'm using six mons from the start so I haven't overlevelled the important trainers yet. I'm leaving the normal trainers in the dust though so up to you. Personally, I am going to tackle the first e4 rematch straight on after national dex for the definitive pt experience (like getting outpaced 12 levels by cynthia's chomp) so I don't mind but you are going to feel it until end game especially because of dp's weaker trainer rosters before e4, both selection and level wise.

Overall, I've played platinum like ten times so it obviously wasn't that special personally but seems pretty good even for a skeptic like me considering the intention is a faithful remake.

As a filthy pirater, i've actually completed up to the second gym and is currently on the route above solaceon town. In case anyone is interested, I can share my experience with the game. My team is Prinplup, Magby, Tangrowth, Elekid, Honchkrow and Rhyhorn. Obviously, I spawned a lot of them because some of them are version exclusive or are not even available before post game.

-The graphics and animation models are pretty on point imo, they look pretty clean and the chibis are cute. My only complaint is the relative lack of character expressions which can make the chibis look very static. So far, it has defaulted to either a happy / surprised or a stale expression.

-However, the in-battle dialogue and character expressions are excellent. For the first time, the gym leaders feel like they have an actual personality. The companion system with ppl like beryl and mina has also returned and i really love their in battle designs, they look rly cute.

-the underground doesn't need internet so i've taken a tour there. From the looks of it, there are quite a varied selection of pt exclusive mons and you can get them before the second gym so i don't think the lack of the dex wasn't detrimental.

-What's annoying though is the limitations the dp faithfulness impose on the pokemon the opposing trainers use. Not only do the pokemon choices feel very samey but also do the important trainers have weaker pokemon like cherubi gardenia and starly barry at heartthome city. I did notice a change in trainer roster here and there but usually something stupid like 5 bidoofs so yeah.

-You can walk with pokemon after heart thome city which feels like a strange decision choice to me but whatever, following pokemon is always a plus. The only gripe is that your following mon can fail to keep up with your pace but maybe this is the same as swsh dlc i haven't played those.

-I'm not against exp share but it should have a toggle off option; there's no excuse about that. Still I'm using six mons from the start so I haven't overlevelled the important trainers yet. I'm leaving the normal trainers in the dust though so up to you. Personally, I am going to tackle the first e4 rematch straight on after national dex for the definitive pt experience (like getting outpaced 12 levels by cynthia's chomp) so I don't mind but you are going to feel it until end game especially because of dp's weaker trainer rosters before e4, both selection and level wise.
Please give a statue to the hiker on Route 209 and tell me what he gives you
And when you get to Veilstone please talk to the NPC with a girafarig

Aaaand you just unlocked affection/amie bonuses. :psysly:

Did you find a Dawn Stone yet? :psynervous:

Overall, I've played platinum like ten times so it obviously wasn't that special personally but seems pretty good even for a skeptic like me considering the intention is a faithful remake.
Wasn't Tangela/Tangrowth unavailable till post-game?

Please give a statue to the hiker on Route 209 and tell me what he gives you
And when you get to Veilstone please talk to the NPC with a girafarig
"Tick tock, pendulum"
*proceeds to give metronome

i roamed around the underground for just a little bit but couldn't find any statue stuff so no luck there unfortunately.

Aaaand you just unlocked affection/amie bonuses. :psysly:

Did you find a Dawn Stone yet? :psynervous:
lmao that's so true. I took elekid and rhyhorn out like 1 second to check how they look when i walk around and they're already starting to do the shenanigans.

Not yet but pachirisu can pick up dusk stone at a relatively low level so I assume dawn will be the same.

Wasn't Tangela/Tangrowth unavailable till post-game?
unfortunately, yes. i mentioned at the top of my post that it's spawned. For some reason, they buffed it though; ancient power is at lvl 24 so i've already got a tang with a potentially 125 power bullet seed, knock off, ancient power and brick break

I'm at veilstone right now and wow, for some reason, all the op elemental tms like flamethrower and dazzling gleam can be bought at a mere 3000 poke dollars. Broken but fun i like it. Also, the customization is set to about ten default styles and can vary in pricing ranging from 8500 to 100000 poke dollars. No idea why though, the most expensive one was cool but didn't feel very special to me.

I remember back in Platinum it being available at Pastoria still felt way too late for Gallade
At least back then you could sneak to it, so you only really missed out on Fantina.

And obviously, no Psychic-type wanted any of that smoke.

That reminds me... In Plat, the Hearthome-Backlot gate only opened when the player reached Pastoria, in DP, it opens much earlier, you just need to get to Solaceon.

I need to check that route again, I don't remember the items.

Ok, one random question lol
Did anybody have already tested Hidden Power on Smeargle? Like, is it exclusive for Unown, just like Darkrai's Dark Void, or can Smeargle can use it? Because if it do, then a bunch of mons still got coverage when Home compatibility comes out lol

The prospect of a BDSP OU similar to LGPE OU is actually pretty cool.

One thing is for sure: Garchomp is probably getting banned. The only thing that hard counters it's STABs is Togekiss who gets rekt by Poison Jab and Stone Miss

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)