Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I don't know where to post this, but since it involves showdown's damage calculator I guess here is ok? (Please someone direct me to the correct place if this is wrong.)

There seems to be a disagreement with Fur Coat and the damage taken with the showdown calculator and the jake-white VGC one. Both calcs below are exactly the same EVs, nature, etc, and I set them all to the same level (100) for the sake of the comparison. As you can see one shows a 91.8% chance to 2HKO while the other shows 89.1%.

https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 161-191 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
(161, 164, 165, 168, 169, 172, 173, 175, 177, 179, 181, 183, 185, 187, 188, 191)

http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 161-190 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
(161, 162, 164, 166, 168, 170, 172, 174, 176, 178, 180, 182, 184, 186, 188, 190)

If you remove Fur Coat as the ability on both, then they both become the same % and damage rolls, so it seems the issue is with Fur Coat.

So my main reason for posting here is to find out if this is an error with the showdown calc or the jake-white one? (I don't know which to believe!)
Honko's calc is implementing fur coat differently than Jake's. At the moment Honko's is using Fur Coat as a Huge Power for defenses - doubling the defense stat - while Jake's is implementing it similar to Reflect - halving damage at the end. These are not equivalent. I believe that the correct implementation is Jake's - Fur Coat halves physical damage.

I went and tested this and confirmed it in the calc by manually changing the actual stat (138 Base Defense with 31 IVs and 0 EVs is exactly double 60 Base) or applying reflect after removing the ability. I then went and confirmed it in the code.

The relevant section in the github that's (probably) incorrect is in js/damage.js on line 493-496 where it's currently written as
if (defAbility === "Fur Coat" && hitsPhysical) {
dfMods.push(0x2000);
description.defenderAbility = defAbility;
}

It should probably be written as finalMods.push(0x800); instead of the flat 2x defense that is it now. Of course it's entirely possible I've misunderstood what I've found and Fur Coat should be a flat 2x defense in which case Jake needs to fix his.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
uhh... http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-7-om-competitive-discussion.3578811/page-9#post-7074504
edit: also retested it because I couldn't find that post, same results...
You're still not testing it right; when I asked you about it a month ago I specifically said to use a move boosted by Sheer Force to find out if Emergency Exit's effect would be negated along with the secondary effect, because that's how Eject Button works and everything else mentioned in the second post in this thread under NOT BUGS.

Of course it's entirely possible I've misunderstood what I've found and Fur Coat is a flat 2x defense in which case Jake needs to fix his.
Fur Coat doubles Defense because it halves Psyshock damage, unlike Reflect. Honko's calc is correct.

Hello,

I used toxic in Pokemon showdown and the opponent used REST.

according to bullpedia rest will "remove the bad poison, but will not reset the damage counter. If a Pokémon gets badly poisoned again, its damage taken will carry on from where it was when using Rest."

However, in the battle the counter was reset and only took off 1/16th damage like it would when you first apply toxic and didnt carry on like it should.

Sorry if this was already pointed out

Regards,

Smittycoco

Hello,

I used toxic in Pokemon showdown and the opponent used REST.

according to bullpedia rest will "remove the bad poison, but will not reset the damage counter. If a Pokémon gets badly poisoned again, its damage taken will carry on from where it was when using Rest."

However, in the battle the counter was reset and only took off 1/16th damage like it would when you first apply toxic and didnt carry on like it should.

Sorry if this was already pointed out

Regards,

Smittycoco
I have no idea if the bulbapedia page is accurate, but even if it is that only applies in gen 1. Were you playing pastgens?

Had a battle on a randomly named account where an opponent's Gyarados didn't move at all.

Because there's no reason a +1 Gyarados is slower than a Alolawak, Mudsdale, and Goodra without TR being up.
Most likely, they tried to use Dragon Tail, which would cause it to move last regardless of its speed.

In other news, Charm + Seismic Toss on Chansey is still bugged:

Charm is only available to Chansey as a level-up move through Happiny, so a Pokémon "hatched as Chansey" should not be able to learn it. Similarly, as Happiny didn't even exist in gen 3, Chansey shouldn't be able to learn moves from both it and tutors from that generation.

yeah, that's why I deleted post, forgot misty terrain halved drag.
though the calc still defaults some of the type of z-moves wrong (spectral thief was water)

I have a problem with a specific Z-Move
When I used Z-Hypnosis with Xurkitree, in VGC 2017, the target of this move is random
I tried this in Pokemon Moon via Wifi and I was able to choose the target of the move, but in Showdown the target is choosen at random.
Its not the biggest of the deal, but it can annoy me a lot some times

There are two things I've noticed in 2017 VGC Battles (I have not tested them anywhere else as of posting):
1. When using Z-Mirror Move, you cannot select a target in showdown, but in-game you can choose which pokemon yours uses Mirror Move against.
2. When using Oricorio with the ability Dancer, if another pokemon uses Petal Dance, Oricorio is locked into Petal Dance. In-game, Oricorio is allowed to select moves or switch out as usual after using Petal Dance.

Some stuff regarding minior's back sprite:
- When in preview and in-battle (before shields down pops in), it appears as meteor form, not core form
- its sprite changes from 3D to 2D when shields down ability pops up.

There's a bug with instruct in double battles. If you use a single target move with one pokemon then instruct the pokemon that used the move, the pokemon will not target the same slot as before. This is pretty important bug to fix because this scenario actually happens fairly often in doubles. This same problem happens with the ability dancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)