CAM Metagame: Interest Thread

I'll finish this post later when I have time to. I'm sleepy.

Please refer to http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81096
That should be all the info you'll need to see if you're interested or not.
We'll need to work out some stuff:
1) Who has a laptop/computer we could use to make a CAM Server?
2) Who is a programmer capable of creating new moves?
3) Who is interested in joining a CAM Development Team to oversee the CAM process?
4) Who has a better name than CAM because I don't really like it, but it gets the job done?
5) Who would like to assist me in pilot studies on CAM?

Just post if you're interested in CAM or not and then we can get going.
It is NOT CAP, to clarify.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Good to see you got this going. I'd be interested in helping out, but I'm not sure how much I could do. I hope it works out though, because it sounds like a good metagame to try.

WHOA. People! Already!
I had no idea you guys liked the concept of CAM!
Well, I am pretty happy.

Just a note, I'm not on Smogon that often; I'll try to be on once a night but quite often I won't so no one please freak out. If you do, that is.

@Arcticblast Don't worry about it; anything you want to do/implement or whatever I'm fine with.

@Athenodoros You could be in the development team or something (which will double the dev team as a result).

Nothing is set in stone yet, so it's all right to be unsure of your role. Interest in CAM is great!

I can't set up servers or program moves or anything, but I am willing to help out in the process. This could be quite interesting if it works out.

I would love to help out. I'm more than capable of analysing a move's effect on a metagame. If there was an ice type stealth rock, for example... call it icicle fall or something... we'd finally have a solid way to counter dragons. Of course, we are doing more than entry hazards... we shouldn't rush it. It might be a good idea to make a group, by the way.

I'd like to help oversee the process or perform studies. Unfortunately, I have neither a computer that can be used for the server nor the necessary programming skills to do much else.

Also, just want to say that I love the idea for the CAM metagame, and if I can't help out in any way, then I wish it (and you guys) the best of luck.

I'd like to help oversee the process or perform studies. Unfortunately, I have neither a computer that can be used for the server nor the necessary programming skills to do much else.

Also, just want to say that I love the idea for the CAM metagame, and if I can't help out in any way, then I wish it (and you guys) the best of luck.
Yeah.

This idea is very interesting. Id definitely playtest. Also, I'd be curious what might occur if we tinker with existing pokemon's movepools.

I'd say on Shoddy because many Smogoners play on Shoddy exclusively, and only go on PO for the 5th gen server. Also, we need these resources! We should get more people involved in this. Any ideas?

I'm willing to try to set up a server for this, but will only be able to be only occasionally. If anyone could help with maintenance, that would be helpful for me.

I can help. Smogon supports pokemon online and you will hbe to make a modified version but I can give you 1000 lines of scripts for pokemkn online.

The script would be helpful for me setting up the server. Also, what moves/changes should be done first with this? I am currently planning to give Flareon Flare Blitz, and max SR at 25%.

I thought the point of this was to change moves and who gets them, sr nerf makes charizard and yammega more powerful and a new metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)