CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korski

That being said a lot of the concepts this time around involved versatility, unpredictability and head games this time around, and it will likely be a central point of the CAP-mon regardless of the chosen concept.

Fire Blast

Sketch is cool and all, but we allready know what happens when a pokemon gets every move. Smeargle is used as a baton passer or spore user and Mew was uber for the past 4 gens but is now UU. It's not a new thing. All I can see in a cap like that is a pokemon with good allround stats and a crappy natural movepool to not break it.

Team preview does actually change the way we play. I'm directly scared when I see (or saw technically) a hippowdon, a tyranitar and an excadrill. What makes a single pokemon so scary that seeing it in team preview makes you tremble and change plays. I wonder.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Fire Blast

not to be an ass but do you guys realize how fucking difficult it will be to stop Korski's concept from being broken? It gets access to DD, QD, or Shell Smash. It can Spore or WoW you. It can complete volt-switch cores. It can set up hazards. It can spin. It can taunt. It gets ExtremeSpeed. It gets V-Create. Anything possible to do, it can basically do. Either it will be the jack of all trades and so crippled it can master none, in which case we made a CAP irrelevant to the meta, or it will be the exact opposite, and will be so versatile that it's like Mew on steroids. There is a third option. That is that it gets one specific niche in the meta and is outclassed by far at everything else, but then why would its main purpose be Sketch?

In short, i'm not bagging on Korski but sketch artist just seems doomed to fail.

Fire Blast

First of all, best of luck to both of the concepts. After a little convincing, I now believe both to be interesting concepts, that help us explore either the effect of a varying movepool or the psychological effect of a threatening reserve pokemon.

Overall, I feel like Korski's Sketch Artist is a weaker idea. As I have said before, it would be hard to make a pokemon who can take advantage of most of the interesting, but less-seen moves without making it broken. I mean, look at Mew. It has a massive defensive and offensive movepool, and straight 100s. 100s are great defensive stats and ok offensive ones. So to make something that can take advantage of an opportunity like this, we have to base it on some existing pokes in similar situations. And I feel like if we just make Mew with a better typing and stats more directed towards the "jack-of-all-trades" goal, we will have a broken pokemon. And all we would learn from that is that we can in fact make something too good with the tiniest concept.

On the other hand, it would be easy to try and stray from something balanced, in which case we'll either make something ineffective or something useful but that only really takes advantage of one or two sets. If anything, it will be interesting to see if we can walk the fine line between these two. If we can, that really tells us something about CAP and what we can do.

With Fire Blast's Theoretical Threat, I feel like we can make something that has a balanced product more easily, as well as a product that fits the concept. That being said, the goal of the CAP isn't just the end product, it is the process. With Theoretical Threat, I believe CAP would have the look into psycho-analysis more, which is something that CAP really hasn't done. I think both the end product and the process for this are something to observe. Since everything about this makes it an interesting experiment, that's why it gets my vote.

Korski

Both of these are not good at all. I am not a fan of mind games and conceptualization of how an opponent feels. Sketchmon will just inevitably have Spore in every set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)