CaP 25 W Prevo - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

Let's get these babies some stats! This thread will be concentrating on Snaelstrom's Prevos!

Code:
Stats: 91 HP / 94 Atk / 110 Def / 80 SpA / 97 SpD / 63 Spe
The above are Snaelstrom's stats! We have a bulky water type which can survive rounds of punishment thanks to Poison Heal.

As with previous stats subs, I am allowing you to Final Submit from the beginning of the thread, but I will post a 24 hour warning in about 72 hours so people have time to discuss/work on their spreads. Please make sure your stats are clear and easily readable. Makes my life a bit easier when it comes to looking over the numbers and reasoning!

As these guys are starters, I want you guys to heavily use other starters as precedence! All First Forms have BSTs of between 307(Fennekin)-320 (Gen 7), with a second form of 405 (Gen 1-4)-420 (Gen 7)! These are narrow bands but I know you guys can do it!

Our Prevos So Far:

Caribolt
Type:
Grass -> Grass/Electric -> Grass/Electric
Ability: Overgrow/Lightning Rod -> Overgrow/Galvanize -> Overgrow/Galvanize

Smokomodo
Type:
Fire -> Fire/Ground -> Fire/Ground
Ability: Blaze/Technician -> Blaze/Technician -> Blaze/Technician

Snaelstrom
Type:
Water -> Water/Bug -> Water/Bug
Ability: Torrent/Poison Heal ->Torrent/Poison Heal ->Torrent/Poison Heal

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
Final Submission
25W Stage 1
Stats: 62 HP / 63 Atk / 55 Def / 45 SpA / 55 SpD / 34 Spe / 314 BST

The goal with this stat spread is to incentivize the use of a Toxic Orb over Eviolite. The roll I thought might best achieve this was a bulky physical setup sweeper that takes advantage of Facade and Swords Dance, so I used an attack stat that would allow it to reach 17 with maximum investment, which is the highest attack stat any of the starters can achieve. 62 base HP lets it reach an HP stat of 24 with 100 EVs, which is ideal for Poison Heal. The SpA and Spe stats are near the minimum for starters to allow for the rest of the available points go towards maximizing the defenses.

25W Stage 2
Stats: 74 HP / 80 Atk / 71 Def / 67 SpA / 64 SpD / 49 Spe / 405 BST

This stat spread didn't have too much thought put into the offensive stats which mostly just act as a bridge between the first and the third stages. 74 base HP was chosen because it is an ideal Poison Heal value with 252 EVs and the defenses are intended to be noob bait as they offer similar bulk to Snaelstrom when holding Eviolite, but of course you lose out on the Poison Heal and greater offenses of the fully evolved form, so it isn't worth running in standard CAP

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

Stage 1: 61 HP / 49 Atk / 70 Def / 50 SpA / 62 SpD / 28 Spe ; BST: 320

I'm actually pushing the boat out with this one, with the Defense breaking 65 - but offensive stats get a free shot to hit 70, so I'm less worried. Beyond that, slow (it's a snail), high bulk, and starting with neutral offenses given the opening movepool has moves like Confusion and Struggle Bug, whilst leaving room for the Attack to grow. Speed is also the new slowest - I felt like being slower than Turtwig would be nice here, and 28 was the first below with a multiple-of-five gap.

Stage 2: 76 HP / 69 Atk / 90 Def / 65 SpA / 77 SpD / 43 Spe ; BST: 420

Snael rapidly shifts to a more physical set as it picks up Aqua Jet, though it's still fairly neutral at this point. The bulk in general is fairly high across the board - not to the levels where I expect to see it in CAP though, given the very passive offensive statline.

Increases:
1-2: +15/+20/+20/+15/+15/+15
2-3: +15/+25/+20/+15/+20/+20

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

61 HP / 44 Atk / 72 Def / 50 SpA / 59 SpD / 34 Spe BST: 320

71 HP / 74 Atk / 91 Def / 60 SpA / 78 SpD / 45 Spe BST: 418

Pretty neat patterns I established here. Snael's HP takes a pretty solid 10 then 20 jump. Its attack goes from 30 to 20. Its defense is cool because if you look, it looks like 7-9-11, but then its last digits are 2-1-0! Special Attack increases simple here, and similar to defense, I did a 5-7-9, then a cool 9-8-7. Speed was just random ig lol.

For Snael's first form, I'd like to lean to special since it doesn't much physical moves early and so it can better use its surprisingly diverse potential movepool.

I also have this neat little stat spread gimmick with my other mons that Smoko embodies here, inspired in part by that cool note that Dogfish made.

Caribolt Prevos = 318 - 420
Smokomodo Prevos = 319 - 419
Snaelstrom Prevos = 320 - 418

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)