CAP 26 Prevo - Part 8 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark red
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> white
        • Dark blue -> gray
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> gray
        • Dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green
        • Dark blue -> light green
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Imgur or puush). Do not use the forum's 'Drop/upload image' feature. Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprite:

-----

Art design:

Equilibra's normal and shiny palettes:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Here's one following the colors of Equilibra's shiny. '3'

Last edited:

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
WIP

Hello! I am new to CAP as a whole and have recently taken a small interest in this community. I have been doing recolors for a few years now with my own art thread for fun, so I decided to try my hand at the shiny palette of Justyke here. Before I explain my ideas for each one, I will add that each design does take at least one color from Equilibra's shiny. Hopefully I followed all of the rules correctly.

For the first palette, I went with a silver design to give the impression of a metal, steel-like surface. This is the main attribute I wanted to emphasize here. The silver color also isn't too far off from Equilibra's green color.

The next palette is a bit more of a stretch. I wanted to use a red and silver design because the colors really pair well together and fit well with the design. Many gavels are made of mahogany hardwood, so the reddish-pink color is pretty much a very light version of a dark mahogany color.

For the last palette, I wanted to give the impression of the surface being made of copper. This one is definitely the most realistic color scheme in my mind. The light brown color represents the copper, which when exposed to oxygen after a (very long) period of time, it turns green, which Equilibra showcases. This is seen in the Statue of Liberty, in particular.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Pretty similar in style to some of the others, loosely modelled of Equilibras, but with a bit more of a minty blue patina colour.

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

What we might call a "little bit" different! I look at Justyke's design, and the inspiration of "Nazar" strikes me (I blame Silent Witness tbqh). The Nazar is an amulet which protects against the Evil Eye, so I felt like the symbolism was also somewhat appropriate. Whilst it is a bit of a colour change from Equilibra's palette, stranger things have happenned...

Last edited:

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Final Submission

Instead of gold, this shiny palette sports a shiny, silver surface made from steel. As I said in my WIP post, the silver color is not too far off from Equilibra's dull green. It also uses a shade of brown from Equilibra's shiny palette. To tie it all together, the inner portion is done in black.

Final Submission

Taking inspiration from the many shinies with a more subtle color variation, this palette aims to be just a shinier-colored Justyke. The brown 'carvings' are more red, and the golden body is more bright.

Final Submission

This shiny is pretty different from the one of equilibra but i have a reason for it, equilibra's shiny has a coloration based on silver/jade, as a balance, this makes sence but i thought to myself... a mallet made of a jewel like jade? or a "soft" metal like silver? that doesnt make that much sence it on wood, especifically red wood so it can look more "shiny", and it will showthe difference in power of justyke and equilibra because wood is obviously a lot weaker than jade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)