MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
-----

CAP 30 So Far

-----

CAP 30b Main Design

CAP 30i Main Design

This thread is for the individual Forme names for each of CAP 30's formes. Forme names will be polled together, as such you must submit a name for both of CAP30s formes. CAP 30's species name and item name submissions are being held in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-30-part-14-name-and-item-name-submissions.3693784/

If you are inspired by the winning art design and have come up with good and unique forme names you'd like the CAP to be known by, please submit your idea here and we will put it up for a vote against all other users' ideas. Final submissions must conform to the submission rules, so please read them carefully. Breaking the posting rules can also result in disqualification.

RULES:

Legal forme name submissions must meet the following standards
  • Forme names must be real English words in titlecase
  • Forme names cannot be longer than 20 characters each.
  • Forme names can only contain the following characters:
    • Letters A-Z
    • Dash (-)
    • Space
  • Forme names are to be submitted in the format <Base Forme Name>/<Item Forme Name>. For example, Altered/Origin.

Names will not be slated if they are:
  • completely unrelated to the design
  • the name of an existing Pokemon
  • silly (puns are fine)
  • based primarily on memes
  • meant to inflame, intimidate, or cause controversy

WIPs
Work In Progress (WIP) Names can be posted at any time for comments from the community.

No more than three WIP Names can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread. This limit applies to ALL posts made by a single person, even if previous posts are edited or deleted. This limit is intended to curb the tendency for some submitters to spam the thread repeatedly with lists of Names. This detracts from other submissions and makes it difficult for commenters to survey the submission thread.

Do not bump your WIP names by posting them repeatedly, or making minor spelling changes of a letter or two. Bumping will result in the disqualification of all names by the offender. Editing or deleting bump posts will not prevent disqualification.

Final Submissions
Only ONE Final Submission can be made per person. Any Final Submission that does not follow the proper format will be disqualified.

Name Final Submissions can only be posted after a CAP Moderator posts in the thread announcing that final submissions are open. Any Final Submission posted prior to the Moderator announcement post will disqualify the submitter from the poll entirely. Even if the offending post is edited later or deleted, the submitter will still be disqualified for the remainder of the thread. This ensures that there is some time for discussion and that all submitters have equal opportunity to post Final Submissions without anyone unfairly "jumping the gun".

Please make a new post after the CAP moderator announcement for Final Submissions. Do not edit a previous post prior to the announcement to make it a Final Submission. All posts prior to the announcement post will be ignored for purposes of making the Forme Name Poll.

Format
Name Final Submissions must be posted exactly in the following format and in the following exact order:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on its own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • The two Forme name submissions in bold in the format <Base Forme Name>/<Item Forme Name>. For example, Altered/Origin.
Below the Final Submission you can post other comments, explanations, etc.

Example final submission:
Final Submission

Altered/Origin

Giratina exists in an Altered forme outside of the distortion world. In the distortion world it exists in its Origin forme.
Forme Name submissions will close 24 hours after CAP30s Name and Item Names have been decided in order to allow for any tweaks to better fit the final species name and item name.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP (1/3)

Poised/Plunged

I liked the idea of a pair of adjectives that fitted together soundwise, in the same kind of vein as Mimikyu's Disguised and Busted forms. I settled on the idea of Poised and Plunged because I believe the strong plosives help to remind us of CAP30's Poison typing and fit the personality of writing with a quill. Poised for a word, or to reink, and Plunged in the pot itself.

WIP

Spellbound/Familiar Form

Spellbound is Tinted Len's ability to bypass resists, perhaps arcane knowledge written into its pages; Familiar form is taken when incantations are written in using the magical ink, changing it into a Wizard's assistant/protector.

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP (1/3)

Hardcover/Loose-leaf

I would go with names that sound cool together or stuff that's more dramatic, but I figure I should go with something direct. Hardcover refers to well, the hardcover the mon uses for Stamina while Loose-leaf refers to the loose pages that fold into its paper plane.

Last edited:
WIP

Unwritten/Plot Twisted

Kinda like "blank", but fancier for 30b. It implies that it has some kind of plot or story in mind, but hasn't realized it. "Plot Twisted" is a play on the term plot twist and how 30i has become distorted by the ink, and in turn its now-realized plot.

WIP

Altered / Origin

i figure this should be an option. I see it as something of a mimic, Altered being more hidden as a book while Origin shows its more monstrous true form. Plus it makes it very simple to understand for new peeps in the teambuilder

WIP

no forme name/Unbound

I figure that having the base form have no form name at all should be an option, although I might change this if others don’t think it fits.
Unbound is already a forme name of Hoopa, which might be weird, but I think it fits incredibly well, as it it’s a term that can be applied to books as well as magically enchanted objects, that have been freed of their spell.

WIP

Writed/Ruined

I like how it could be an written story, that with the item, it throws more poison to the pages, ruins them, and starts rampaging because his story has been ruined by some drops of poison that ensusied (thats how google translate said me that "ensusiar" is in english) the story

Last edited:
WIP

Inquisition/heresy

Loosely based on censorship through the medieval catholic church. It reflects the concept of the spread of supposedly toxic ideas - how they infect whole societies when they are unchecked (spamability through tinted lens) and are persistent even when censored (bulk through stamina).

Although probably historically inaccurate, there is a nice link to it being poison: in popular media inquisition often goes against druids or alternative mediciners (if there is such a thing in medieval europe...), that are often dealing with poisonous ingredients and suspicious substances.

Also soundwise I find these names to be mysterious enough for a concept like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heresy_in_Christianity

also: Globglogabgalab

Last edited:

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
WIP

Historic/Apocrypha

"Apocrypha" refers to scripture that isn't accepted as a part of Biblical canon, but also references the boss of another game involving books, Radiant Historia - which is where the "Historic" name comes from. Under the effects of a strange ink, CAP30 switches to another side, not documented in recorded history. A darker, sinister side that nevertheless seeks to focus on the true aspects of events long past...

WIP

Wonder/Cursed

Also gonna try and keep it simple. I started off with 30i, and I liked the "Cursed" idea, basically a *DO NOT OPEN TOO CURSED* scenario. For 30b, I wanted to use the opposite (well kinda,) and that's how I got wonder.

WIP

Exposition/Climactic

A simple nod to literary terms that also ties in to how each one plays, with 30b's slower playstyle and Stamina matching the slow start of the exposition and its building of important details, and 30i's fast, dangerous playstyle matching the rushing danger and heart-pounding drama of a story's climax.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP

Tome/Codex

A tome is a those types of large sturdy books, something that I think meshes with 30b's more defensive nature quite well. A codex is a type of ancient historical document, one that can possibly contain forbidden knowledge that corrupts (like a poison ;) CAP 30, helping it become a dangerous fast attacker.

WIP

Dormant/Awoken

A spellbook waiting in the archives and it’s form while filled with mystic power. Dormancy implies low energy, an ability to endure. And “awoken” as good mystical vibes.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

Header / Splotched

Header is usually the first thing one writes in documents, starting out with simple and concise, and the item makes the form change deranged, being irratic, leading to ink being Splotched all over the page.

WIP

Abstract/Opus

Abstract is the summary of the work ahead; an Abstract can be seen as the "base" of a article. An Opus is the final, grand version of the work; promising to be potent and hard-hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)