CAP 32 Prevos - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be palette swapsof the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
    • Under rare circumstances, you may map one color on the regular sprite to multiple colors on the shiny sprite.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark red
        • Light blue -> white AND dark blue -> gray
        • Light blue -> gray AND dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green AND dark blue -> light green
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Smogon forums or Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites:

You do not need to submit both shiny palettes for stage 1 and stage 2. If you are planning to submit multiple sets of shiny palettes, use one image per design and post all images in the same Final Submission post. Shiny palette submissions for stage 1 will be polled first, followed by shiny palette submissions for stage 2.

Hemogoblin's shiny palette, for reference:

This thread will be open for 72 hours.

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Final Submission
AbaboShinySMR.png

ScatterveinShinySMR.png

For Ababo a simple inversion of its original colors does the magic. Now it looks more like an erythrocyte than a leukocyte.

For Scattervein I really like how the red and pink looks on it, very romantic and cute, Saint Valentine's Pokémon but make it kitsch.

Last edited:

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP (1/3)

shiny1.png

slimyboi.png

based on the final stage's shiny, but switched around slightly so that the green is the main focus instead of an accent color, giving Ababo a sickly appearance and Scattervein a slimy, sticky-hand inspired look.

WIP (1/3)
uhMaHAh-2.png

jElkDgl-2-2.png

I just tried to reflect hemo's shiny with these two, I made them a bit lighter over all but other-wise I picked the colors from the original sprite. I really like how scattervein's tail looks, kinda like a glow stick.

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

shiny2.png

spinkervein.png

No changes since last wip, but pink shinies based on cartoon hearts! Also have been told it resembles watermelon candy, which is a cool association. Sorta inverts the Magby-> Magmar -> Magmortar shiny pattern (last two stages pink, first stage has unique shiny).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)