CAP 5 CAP 5 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Double pokemon/extreme sexual dimorphism
Explanation: This is actually two pokemon, but like the Latis of ubers and the Nidos of UU, it(they) have similar/identical movepools and the base stat total is the same for both but with some numbers switched around. This/these pokemon would offer an interesting design concept without restricting later polls.

Examples that could use this concept: Physical favouring/special favouring mixed sweeper (switch physical/special attack between them), Physical Sweeper/Physical wall (switch attack/defense), Special Sweeper/wall (switch special attack/special defense), Physical wall/Special wall (switch physical defense/special defense).

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well here's mine...

Name: Kamikaze
Description: This Pokemon's sole aim is to faint the opponents Pokemon, whatever the cost to itself or its teamates. There are many moves with negative side-effects this Pokemon could potentially employ, such as recoil moves, -2 SAtk moves, curse (if Ghost) or the good old Ka-Boom.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like TAY's idea a lot (better than the one I'm purposing but I mine as well throw it out there). Sunday's and Latinoheat's are pretty cool too.

Name: Multipurpose
Description: This would be a Pokemon with, in a sense, multiple purposes but cannot run them all at once. Let me elaborate a bit. For comparative purposes look at Deoxys-D. Deoxys-D can work as an incredible support Pokemon but it can also go offensive with Calm Mind. My idea is similar to this and maybe could even be extending to looking at different stat distributions based on gender/certain parents natures or whatever. This isn't meant to be an unbeatable Pokemon with 200 base in each stat but a nice mix between offense and defense and each can be run effectively as either version based on the teams. There currently isn't an OU Pokemon that satisfies that role (at least that I can think of). There are OU Pokemon that currently have the stat distribution to satisfy this role (Tyranitar being a clear example) but very few have the movepool to accomodate that this Pokemon would have the stats and the move pool.

Although, I still prefer TAY's idea. Hope I managed to follow the rules :/.

I've been lurking here for a while now and I must say these things are really interesting. I'd have submitted something new but I'm affraid it's already been covered.

[hijackideas]
Anyway, I've been reading a few posts now and this won't come as anything new but it's often stated that D/P has a very offensive meta-game. What I'd like to see would be a pokémon that could just outright stop many different kinds of physical sweepers;

Legacy Raider said:
Concept: Physical Roadblock
Description: A pokemon that can stop or at least slow down threatening physical sweepers by hindering them. Should have uncommon weaknesses and be able to hit key types for decent damage.

Explanation: It can be very easy for a sweeper to take out an entire team if it allowed to stat up once too many times. This pokemon should be able to sufficiently hinder an opposing physical sweeper so as it cannot go on to sweep the rest of the team, even if it means at the cost of this pokemon. This can be acheived through moves that disuade attacking (Destiny Bond, Sucker Punch, etc), or by using a fast Haze to get rid of stat boosts. Its ability could be something that let it switch in easier, e.g. Trace or Solid Rock, etc.
Probably with additions such as WoW, a recovery move, etc. I don't see Sucker Punch as a good move if this poké is supposed to have high defensive stats though.

Or an alternative to Blissey like mentioned;
chronostrike said:
Name: Special Wall

Description: A pokemon that serves its team by blocking a broad spectrum of special attacks.

Explanation: Many pokemon can handle a few special hits by relying on their resistances, but if you want a pokemon that can take most any special hit, you have two choices: Blissey or Cresselia. Cresselia, though, is a mixed wall, and I personally am tired of Blissey as the only pokemon that is devoted to this job. What I'm aming for here is a defensive pokemon that isn't particularly good at physical defense but has a Spec Tank rating somewhere between Blissey and Cresselia. It also should either have only one or two weaknesses (like Blissey) or obscene stats and a large pile of weaknesses (sort of like Shedinja). A 4x weakness would probably ruin it because it would be the only type anyone would use against it.
But moreso than a focus on the typing and raw stats, I'd like to see some ideas for moves how to make it different from Blissey. Still capable to take some hits but more reliant on stat-upping; cosmic power, amnesia, iron defense, etc. for pure walling ability.

[/hijackideas]

Name: Sacrificial Pokemon

Description: The Pokemon uses the moves eg. Healing Wish, Memento, Selfdestruct etc to give a clear advantage to it's fellow team-members.

----------------

Basically the Pokemon is kills itself to help it's team member preform in battle. A bit like the Dual Screen Deoxys-S, just that doesn't kill itself. It was hard to put into words without saying what moves it uses.

Name: Special Wall

Description: A pokemon that serves its team by blocking a broad spectrum of special attacks.

Explanation: Many pokemon can handle a few special hits by relying on their resistances, but if you want a pokemon that can take most any special hit, you have two choices: Blissey or Cresselia. Cresselia, though, is a mixed wall, and I personally am tired of Blissey as the only pokemon that is devoted to this job. What I'm aming for here is a defensive pokemon that isn't particularly good at physical defense but has a Spec Tank rating somewhere between Blissey and Cresselia. It also should either have only one or two weaknesses (like Blissey) or obscene stats and a large pile of weaknesses (sort of like Shedinja). A 4x weakness would probably ruin it because it would be the only type anyone would use against it.
I'd be all for this. One of the biggest complaints I've always heard in Pokemon is that Blissey is basically the only real special wall. With Snorlax, and Cresselia you still have recovery that isn't as reliable. I'd like to see another special wall that can also do Blissey's job, preferably something that is not weak to overheat or dracometeor and can take those 2 with choice specs, just like Blissey can. Either that or Latinoheat's idea about breaking the mold. A flying/fighting special sweeper would be tons of fun.

Name: Lockdown
Description: a pokemon that can make a certain type of pokemon virtually unusable.

Explanation: i'm not sure if i've illustrated my point very well, so i'll give you an example of a physical-sweeper lockdowner. this pokemon would probably have a above average Def stat, and a moveset like this:

will-o-wisp
T-wave
Charm
some attacking move.

which allows it to lower both the opponent's speed and attack with paralysis and burn, and then using charm to make it nearly useless. another possibilty would be to make it so that the opponent couldn't retreat either with an ability.
This is just one example of what I mean. I think of it as sort of an annoyer/wall towards a single type of pokemon.

opinions?

Name: Bulky Super-Fang user.
Description: A bulky Pokemon which can use Super Fang.

Explanation:

Simply put, all the current Super Fang users suck. We have Bibarel, Raticate, and Pachirisu, and they're all UU or lower. A Super Fang user in the OU metagame will help to break a lot of walls, and generally cause extreme annoyance.

Name: "Pwned!"
Description: A Pokemon solely made to mess around with the opponent. Moves used are stat lowering moves or moves like Block, Trick, Embargo, Imprison, Heart Swap, etc... it should be a Pkm based on the physical side unlike the rest of Trick/Switcheroo Users ( the pkm with the highest defense that can use Trick/Switcheroo is Lopunny with 84 base defense ). Ofc, it should have status moves too, based on the typing.

I hope this wasnt mentioned already ( didnt have that much time so I didnt look at all ideas )

Name: Bulky Super-Fang user.
Description: A bulky Pokemon which can use Super Fang.

Explanation:

Simply put, all the current Super Fang users suck. We have Bibarel, Raticate, and Pachirisu, and they're all UU or lower. A Super Fang user in the OU metagame will help to break a lot of walls, and generally cause extreme annoyance.
This would be broken if we give it good stats and typing everything that's not a ghost type gets 2HKOed+ it could end up with scappy-you never know.

Here's my new idea for the CAP 5:

Name: Baton Pass Supporter

Description: Pretty much a pokemon that gets access to Baton Pass and has a lot of stat increasing moves so it can pass to its' teammates and maybe a few good attacks so it doesn't get completely walled by Taunt users.

Name: Baton Passing Ingrainer

Description:
a Pokemon that can use Baton Pass + Ingrain combo.

Explanation: We have only one pokemon that can pull this combo, Smeargle. But he has other things to do. So BatonIngrainer would help BP teams or simply one pokemon. Fast but fragile which would have high risk, high reward.

I'm sorry for the typos.

I might aswell try a concept.

Concept: Weakness Counter
Description: A pokemon that is capable of COUNTERING its type weakness.
Explanation: I would really like to see a pokemon that is able to counter its weaknesses. For example, say the pokemon is fire type and the opposing pokemon is water type, it would be interesting to see a pokemon that is able to counter its type weakness so the opponent has no choice but to use other moves to take it down. I'm not sure what it would turn out to be (bulky/speedy) but it would be really fun to play around with.

Name: Boom
Description: a pokemon disigned to use explosion or a signature move with the same affect as explosion. maybe normal type for the STAB. Should be pretty fast and have at least passable attack.

Name: Trick room abuser
Description: A sweeper with high Atk/Sp.atk stats but low speed
Explanation: Since the metagame is filled with fast sweepers and tanks that could take down teams, seeing those two put together make a slow, average defensive pokemon but with exceptional sweeping stats. Since it has slow speed it could get a needed speed pass "With sub" or sweep away with trick room in play. Sort of like a power trick'd Shuckle but not with the horrible defensive stats and overkill offensive stats.

A flying/fighting special sweeper would be tons of fun.
Oh man, I have thought that so many times. That's actually what I had in mind for the finished product of a concept I was going to submit until I decided that my Super Fang submission did everything that it did, except in two sentences instead of like eight.

Concept:Limited turn pokemon
Description:A Pokemon that has only a certain amount of turns to battle and after those turns have passed it will faint / be limited.
Explanation:This sort of thing could evoke quite a bit of strategy, especially if it was quite powerful but hindered by a limited amount of turns. Things like trappers could screw the pokemon over.

I really like that ticking Pokemon but the Selfdestruction could be walled by a Ghost, :( . Anyways, heres my idea.

Name: Technician
Description: A pokemon that could use the Technician ability to it's full potential.
Explanation: Though I think my idea's pretty clear it would have the technician ability and a bunch of moves to support it. i.e. lots of priority moves, trump card, etc.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys there is pretty clearly a rule in the OP stating that you cannot suggest abilities in your concept suggestion. So cosmos and Piplupman, please change your concepts to better conform with the rules in the OP or remove the concept altogether.

And please please please please everyone read the OP before posting a concept!

Is it just me or does that seem a bit... I don't know. It's a great concept, but there's a lot of things that could go wrong.
It's definitely something care would have to be taken with, but it would most likely be fine as long as it was done right. To be honest, though I made the Deoxys-A comparison, that was solely in terms of how dangerous they are as attackers. I had actually thought about it as a Pokemon with moderate defenses (somewhere like 80/75/75) and somewhere in the realm of 70-95 speed, with no speed boosting/priority moves and a typing that has a lot of resistances and weaknesses (so it has plenty of opportunities to switch in, but is easily killed if you mispredict and isn't hard to revenge kill either). You could see how something like that would be far from impossible to stop, but more speed and less defenses could work too, it just has to be balanced as such.

So far, I'm liking Deck Knight and TAY's ideas best. Calciphoce's seems like it has potential too.

Name: Set-Damage User

Description: This would be someone who can make use of moves that take off certain amounts of damage, such as certain numbers or percentages. It has several moveset options, and a new move could even be engineered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)